PDA

View Full Version : Official Dark Legends Feedback Thread - Achievements

Samhayne
04-11-2012, 10:11 PM
After playing Dark Legends, what do you think about the Achievement System? What do you like about it? What suggestions do you have to improve it?

We ask that you please keep your feedback constructive, as per the Forum Rules at: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/misc.php?do=vsarules

5. Non-Constructive posts are prohibited.

Below is a non-exhaustive list of examples of non-constructive posts. As a rule, non-constructive posting is not permitted:

Spam - this is considered to be repetitive posting of the same topic or text or nonsensical posts that have no substance and are often designed to annoy other forum users.

Bumping posts in order to keep them near the top of the list is also prohibited. Likewise, the use of "/signed" posts are discouraged in that it doesn’t engender constructive discussion.

Do not create threads/posts to “petition” or “lobby” for game features, additions, changes, or other issues. You may post suggestions and/or ideas to the boards, but you may not create a ‘petition’ for others to sign. This is bumping in disguise and will not be allowed. Lobbying is continually bringing up the same topic repeatedly in numerous different threads or as an off-topic post in official threads to get developer attention. This form of posting is not permitted.

Cross posting - As a courtesy to others before beginning a new thread, please look to see if an active thread on that topic has already been established using the Search feature. If so, place your comments there instead. Multiple threads on the same subject clutter up the forum needlessly and many good ideas may be lost. Use the Search link to keep discussions about one topic to one thread only.

Negative feedback can be very useful, provided that it is presented in a civil, factual manner. Tell us what you don't like and why and how you feel it could be improved. Posts that are insulting and rude may be deleted, no matter how valid the ideas behind them may be.

A rant is a post which is long-winded, redundant and filled with angry, non-constructive comments. A free exchange of ideas is essential to building a strong sense of community and helpful in the development of the game, but rants are disruptive and incite flaming and trolling. Please post your thoughts in a concise, clear manner and avoid going off on rambling tangents.

False obituary threads are considered highly improper, and knowingly posting false news of a player’s real-life death may result in a ban of both your forum account and your game account.

Threads that make threats or use other combative language are not allowed.

Thanks!

ghost.mw
04-11-2012, 10:40 PM
I think there is no point of it (useless) I mean you don't get any credit for it and people can't see what you've achieved so what's the point of it???

Swampy
04-11-2012, 10:50 PM
STS, have you ever considered open feint or gamecenter? I'm just wondering (I have no clue how the whole achievement process works)

Apollyon
04-12-2012, 10:10 AM
I think it is a great system and wish we could get titles in the other games. I was really hoping to see hidden achievements though.

Samhayne
04-12-2012, 10:13 AM
I think it is a great system and wish we could get titles in the other games. I was really hoping to see hidden achievements though.

The Achievement System in Dark Legends will be migrating to our other games in the future!

StompArtist
04-12-2012, 10:13 AM
Achievements are great! I wish you could see other people achievements on their avatars though.

TheSnowman
04-12-2012, 10:26 AM
I think achievements will be useful in the long term to give people something to strive especially when people reach the level cap. Having the titles as a way of showing off your achievements is also a nice idea. Yet I would advise making titles and names slightly smaller overall as in congested areas like the sanctuary it can cause problems where names are overlapping each other. Also on a slightly different topic the CS can be difficult to access at times due to the small area dedicated to it and the problem of names overlapping the CS NPC. Not major issues as you can work around them but these are just some things I've picked up on.

Slant
04-12-2012, 03:52 PM
yeah just add guild and frenz leaderboards :)

Fyrce
04-12-2012, 04:58 PM
I think it'd be great if you could see other people's achievements, maybe another button when you look at someone's avatar?

Elyseon
04-12-2012, 05:41 PM
I think it'd be great if you could see other people's achievements, maybe another button when you look at someone's avatar?
U kinda can by their titles

Swimmingstar
04-12-2012, 05:52 PM
It's cool, since some achievements give you titles. And it makes the game have some goals.

Elyseon
04-12-2012, 08:35 PM
Umm im having trouble with the 'dying' achievements...

StompArtist
04-12-2012, 08:38 PM

Someone will have to write a guide.

Elyseon
04-12-2012, 09:01 PM

Someone will have to write a guide.
Yeh explanation is needed

Apollyon
04-13-2012, 12:08 AM
How about a second page to the toon info screen that allows us to place pur top five proudest achievements. Glad to here it will migrate over.

How difficult are the execitions supposed to be to find? Ive had two pinks drop now and I have beem farming svens mansion constantly. Can you verify the ratio is not off please?

Skeletonlord
04-13-2012, 08:49 AM
Achievements are an amazing addition to the game as a whole, and I am glad that you are implementing achievements for the other Legends games.

Achievements in this game are great, and I like the fact that you get a notification when you get one. It is also good that you can get a list of all the achievements!

There are two things I would add to make the whole "achievements" better. Firstly, how about a "compare" feature, where you can click on someone's profile, and you can compare your achievements with theirs. This will encourage competition.

Secondly, you should add a "difficulty" function, for example : Easy, medium, hard or extreme?

Gluttony
04-13-2012, 09:26 AM

Trouble as in, why are they in the game at all? I've played games where dying is part of the achievement/trophies and it always annoys me to no end. I mean since when is dying a natural progression of the game? Can't I complete the entire campaign without dying at all, and if I can achieve such a feat why is there no reward for that... besides the kill/death ratio leaderboard. How about a True Immortal title achievement that every is granted from the beginning of the game, you die, you lose the game... er I mean achievement.

I wouldn't mind some of the choices if there wasn't a platinum trophy (a PS3 term where when all other trophies must be unlocked before the final trophy is awarded) associated with each category. These achievement coincidentally happen to all grant a title one can display for everyone to see including: Ruler of the Damned, Sentinel of Hades, Usurper, Blood Wraith, Overlord, Death Incarnate and Crimson Devil. Also, the fact that there are achievements that can only be unlocked via plat such as Dead Sexy, Load Leech, plus every wardrobe achievement that requires plat only gear to be purchased is a minor annoyance. I know there are plenty of achievement ***** (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Achievement-Whore) out there, so this addition is playing right into that fascination but since it is coupled with an already bolstered plat necessary economy, I'm a bit sad at the implementation at this point.

I have always loved STS games due to the fact that plat was never a necessary component to the game; while that still holds true, being barred from achievement due to the fact that you're not willing to dump 130 plat on a single outfit that doesn't even grant a stat increase is a bit mind blowing given the previous stance of plat being for optional enjoyment.

Elyseon
04-13-2012, 10:30 AM
Dang it i just died -.-

Beanmachine
04-13-2012, 10:50 AM
But what is the AP feature in order to be granted these titles? What does AP do? What does it stand for?

StompArtist
04-13-2012, 10:51 AM
But what is the AP feature in order to be granted these titles? What does AP do? What does it stand for?

Achievement Points

Elyseon
04-13-2012, 02:35 PM
You get achievement points for each achievement and certain achievement unlock other achievements
For each achievement section, there is an achievement for completing all the other achievement in that section, but they also require extra AP, so u cant just do those achievements for the title, some from other sections must be completed as well

dugantale
04-13-2012, 02:37 PM
To improve it I think it would be cool if every achievment was a title ;)

Cahaun
04-13-2012, 02:45 PM
I'm going for the 500k mark, but my character looks boring and only has over 20k >_<
Achievements are great and I'll be glad to see them in SL soon. (Imagine how big our notification bars'll get ;))

mydragoon
04-23-2012, 03:49 AM
other than just to track what i have done or not like the execution (well, that's what achievement is all about, anyway)... i dun really find it useful.

i mean, i get nothing that i can flaunt... nothing like unique clothings or weapons... only one exception is the Titles. perhaps titles can get us discounts, platinums, etc?

Rare
04-23-2012, 05:20 AM
Achievements need to be based upon account statistics rather than toon.

I think if it is left per toon, it will be watered down and people will lose interest. The achievements are sufficiently difficult to do it on an account basisand most people will still never complete it.

Also there are some that most people can no longer get.

Rare
04-23-2012, 08:51 AM
Is this stickied? I can't find it. Maybe I'm dumb.

Edit: Its not.

Shuri
04-23-2012, 02:22 PM
I like the achievement aspect however I don't see why we need X amount for a title if you can get X amount just by buying a lot of platinum. I mean the 10,000 CTF captures doesn't give that much AP where as wardrobe ones do. I know a few wardrobe Achievements give over 900 or 800 and the others don't so a full wardrobe + skill will bring you around almost give/take 10,000 AP what's around two titles. (Sentinel of Hades for one), Either fix the 10,000 CTF caps or get rid of it as it's asking for a bit much as you can only get 3 caps per game (If you're lucky to get all 3!) or up the flags to 5 to win. It will make more sense really as it also makes the games semi-short if you have one person just going for flags ^^

Just a thought on what should change:

Executions: Get more than 150 AP per kill as they're already hard to find and have a 0.5% spawn ratio or lower.

Campaign Deaths: Yield more AP as I don't see why I would want 50 AP for 500 deaths, That's just not appealing to me..

10,000 CTF Flags: 400 AP points for 10,000 caps? Make it around 1,000 AP points as it wil take almost a life-time to get 10,000 if you get lucky and get all 3 on a PvP(As mentioned above, asking for a little much of us..)

Wardrobe: this is just no.. It has the most beneficial AP rewards for someone that can use platinum and buy the outfits. So if you can pay for it, You can get AP points and almost all titles without Executions, CTF & others.

That's just my theory ^^