PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion - AFK

Spiritualist
08-11-2010, 05:15 AM
I'd like to suggest an AFK feature. I often find that people in town especially are just on-line but they are actually aware from their iDevice so an AFK feature would be nice to know what basically that user isn't available. I'm not sure what I'd like the AFK to do or what it would look like. I don't expect anything like messages not to be send/received if AFK but perhaps more or an indicator in friends-list or visible on/above/around the character and/or character's name if you are in the same area/level as them.

Just a thought.

Yardsalez
08-11-2010, 05:25 AM
You wouldn't want to go afk, trust me I have been there in world of warcraft.... bad things can happen><

Kalielle
08-11-2010, 08:26 AM
I think this would be a good idea. Maybe they could implement it as the ability to send an auto-reply message. It would also be useful for when you're in a busy game and can't reply to messages right away - just so your friends know you're not ignoring them.

Haven't played wow. What do you mean bad things can happen while you're away?

Spiritualist
08-11-2010, 09:10 AM
Indeed, I'm curious to know what these bad things are too - as long as you are in safe place, shouldn't you be OK? Certainly going AFK my a boss isn't a good thing.

KingFu
08-11-2010, 09:15 AM
This has been suggested before, once by me:
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?4353-A-way-to-tell-if-friends-away&highlight=busy+friends

I personally like the idea and think it would be nice to be implemented into the game.

Spiritualist
08-11-2010, 09:19 AM
Indeed, but my suggestion is better. :)

No seriously, I think yours was to suggest that there's an in-built feature into the game that says after X mins, show friends as being AFK. I was thinking more of a tick or checkbox or button or something that a player has to press in order to make themselves AFK... and that is doesn't just apply to friends. Certainly an AFK indication on the friends page is good, but also if you are in Town, perhaps an AFK-type indicator near/around/above the player would be good, but also in an area/level, an AFK symbol, etc. next to a players name would be good too.

KingFu
08-11-2010, 09:27 AM
Indeed, but my suggestion is better. :)

No seriously, I think yours was to suggest that there's an in-built feature into the game that says after X mins, show friends as being AFK. I was thinking more of a tick or checkbox or button or something that a player has to press in order to make themselves AFK... and that is doesn't just apply to friends. Certainly an AFK indication on the friends page is good, but also if you are in Town, perhaps an AFK-type indicator near/around/above the player would be good, but also in an area/level, an AFK symbol, etc. next to a players name would be good too.

That would be nice too, but I admit, I have fallen asleep during the game, and some of my friends have too. Maybe when you click on the character to interact with them it could show something like this: :)
http://i821.photobucket.com/albums/zz133/therealdavid/0957535d-1.png

Spiritualist
08-11-2010, 09:31 AM
Fallen asleep during the game? Is it that boring for you, or do you just play very late? :)

I guess there are various levels of AKFness that could be implemented, some easier/quicker than others to implement.

KingFu
08-11-2010, 09:33 AM
Fallen asleep during the game? Is it that boring for you, or do you just play very late? :)

I guess there are various levels of AKFness that could be implemented, some easier/quicker than others to implement.

Yeah, I have just been tired while playing before, hey, we've all played PL somewhere weird, or have fallen asleep. Anyone remember this thread? Lol.
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?3233-Toilet-Legends&highlight=toilet+legends

Spiritualist
08-11-2010, 10:41 AM
Me thinks some people share far too much information on the internet, although I did drop my Sony Xperia down the loo once because I was playing Sims whilst...

BeardedBear
08-11-2010, 11:29 AM
That would be nice too, but I admit, I have fallen asleep during the game, and some of my friends have too. Maybe when you click on the character to interact with them it could show something like this: :)

That's funny, I thought I was the only one who fell asleep. To much 2am gameplay. :-)

KingFu
08-11-2010, 11:38 AM
That's funny, I thought I was the only one who fell asleep. To much 2am gameplay. :-)

Nope, I have seen a ton people take part in the Sleeping Legends.

bmc85uk
08-11-2010, 04:25 PM
I'd love an AFK feature, there's no reason why PL shouldn't have one.

A simple (AFK) could be added to someones name when away, with a simple auto reply saying 'Sorry, I'm AFK'. I think the easiest way to implement a toggle would be with a /afk command and maybe a button on the chat macro overlay.

Spiritualist
08-11-2010, 04:36 PM
Yes that's true and "/afk" would be a neat way to do it.