PDA

View Full Version : Ghostly tips for DL--->By Octavos

octavos
04-12-2012, 12:24 PM

* Declaimer, this is intended for a good joke, it has some education stuff, but please,
if you dont like it, stop reading at the end of the tips so you can get the full glory of the uselessness.

DARK LEGENDS----->New Game, New rulz, new everything....Please keep that in mind :p

I vanted to write this up to help ppl get over the fact the energy is needed for DL.
so vat i vanteded to do, is help you with some tips that can make your life a bit easier.

Tips
:vD:1. Buy premium toon, this well help ya in many ways and you will look good doing it.

You do not need plat, though it IS cool to have a premium char, especially if you will ever buy auction slots. Most of the costumes can be purchased with gold and you can mix and match them -- head, shirt and pants. You can get extra character slots for free if you have additional email addresses.

:vD:2. if your time is limited in game do missions that require tons of time "that require like an hour or so.

:vD:3. explore walk around...make friends. so when you feel like doing dungeons, you have a partner to help ya.

:vD:4. Buy at least 2 extra slots "Reason: if your main has 0 energy, level an alt....(Duh!)

:vD:5. decide wether to turn off auto level up (I say leave it alone till u are used to the surroundings of DL)
(get NEW CLIENT ITS FIXED, if ur having trouble with Re-Specking contact support)

:vD:6. Remember stash ATM only lets you put away weapons and gems...not money or vanities

:vD:7. dont be afraid to ask ppl in game for help there new to the game like you.

:vD:8. Energy does not level up with you, but missions do cost more as you level up.

:vD:9. if you buy multipal vanity packs (EG: witchdoc and classic outfit) you can mix and match (warning: make sure it has a vanity helm also, and some peaces take up chest and legs)

:vD:10. who dont like promo codes?!?!?! Here is some brought to you by Aculeas thread.

The question was asked, when will we get promo codes? The answer was given TOMORROW! With an exclusive promotional code for plat purchasers!

CURRENT LIST OF KNOWN PROMOTIONAL CODES

-droidgamers20120410
-girlgamer20120410
-massively20120410
-mmorpg20120410
-pocketgamer20120410
-stsforums20120410
-148apps20120410
-ststwitter20120410
-stsFB20120410
-gameruk20120410
-eurogamer20120410
-egm20100410
-ign20100410
-gamesmediapro20120410
-guildlaunch20120410

A new Helmet promo:

To claim your black tracksuit hood, type in the promo code:
Nightrunner

This can be accessed via STS Nexus

:vD:11.This is how you do it

For those who are not sure how to enter the promo codes, there are two ways that I'm aware of.

1. If you are in game, pull up the chat and type /promo xxxx, replacing the xxxx with the code.

2. The second way is from the sts nexus.

Tap the STS Nexus button from the character screen:

http://img.tapatalk.com/6c54e168-524f-393c.jpg

Then tap the promo code button in the lower right corner:

http://img.tapatalk.com/6c54e168-5286-2bc2.jpg

Then just enter the code and collect your phat lewtz.

-----
Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

:vD:12. Need a weapon and some armor? these packs help you (green or above in quality)...(BUY some!!!)
these help tons because they are adjusted to your level. and a chance at a pink weapon :p

Edit* the 50 plat packs are the best..pinks guaranteed.

:vD:13. paranoid about thieves...No prob... because no one can see your stuff

:vD:14. Patiently wait!!! your timer is not going any faster...wait for help to arrive.
Plus...they can help you kill stuff!!!

:vD:15. if you dont value your life in-game or don't care about other players....SPAM your skills.
(might be energy well spent, down the toilet)

:vD:16. I'm a survivor (What?) I'm not goin' give up (What?) I'm not goin' stop (What?) I'm goin' work harder (What?)....errr, anyway having health helps and gems that add health is a plus becuse if you didnt know...health and skills are in one place (DUH!)

17. So playing on a PC is boring (keyboards are god-awful), you want to play using a controller....here is a thread i made long ago that can help ya....also refer to DL chrome section to configure buttons.

**pc atm** sorry
Currently im using a contoler called a chill stream it looks like an XBOX360m controller. http://www.gizmag.com/go/6049/ and use Xpadder http://xpadder.com/

currently im playing the game like if i was on an xperia play...take a look this might help you.

i have a xpadder layout ready....take a look

To config the controller...Go here Shortkeys-for-Dark-Legends-Chrome (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?54821-Shortkeys-for-Dark-Legends-Chrome)

:vD:18. (XP small guide) So many have been asking Q. how do I level so fast without buying plat energy.

A. well to tell you the truth "READ". But if you want to level you actually got to read missions.

When you do a battle mission which requires fighting it costs 3 energy to enter and 10xp
Pros: you actually fight (DUH!), collect items, and see monsters "Scary right" now with increased Energy drops
frequency of additional energy drops in combat missions. Combat mission exp can be equivalent/better than non-combat missions.
Cons: less XP, you can ruin your stats, and if you solo use tons of potions. IMO, there is a chance that you get no energy drops in a mission FYI, so pick your poison lol, but dont get mad if you don't get even one :p

Now if you want to level faster and use up less health potions...do these kind of missions
Pros: more XP (instant gratification), if your time restricted, chance at buffs :p
Cons: No fighting (WTH!!!), no chatting with friends, can have long wait times (do these if u want)

On average if you do missions that have no timer and have the video clip, you get a bit more XP, then if you fight in 3D worlds.

so eg: Fighting= (10xp and 3energy * 3 = 30xp 9energy)
Missions no timer= (30xp and 7energy * 3 = 90xp 21 energy)

So to get 90xp while fighting cost me 27energy (25 energy max if you didn't know lol).....and missions 90xp = 21 energy with 4 energy to do a mission and have one to wait on :p.

***------------------------No More Pics from here on "Sorry"------------------------***

:vD:19. There is two types of ghosts, the one you find after breaking something wants to see your head hanging from a hook and the one writing this guide is your buddy :p
the one that is clawing you can give you green weapons, gems and a chance of a pink...the one that says "HI in-game" is broke sorry.

:vD:20. There is 2 ways to buy blood packs.... and free blood is suck on your victims (this is one blood pack lol)

If you work on timing your feeds, you should not need that many blood packs. You can also farm for gold and/or blood packs, of course.
1. Use gold (at the bar theres a vendor)
2. Use Plat there is 2 ways also....wait till your pots hit zero and buy that way or look at Deal of the Day
IMO: id say wait for guilds, and use plat to buy packs (Correction no packs in guild halls sorry) sometimes a good deal like 25 bloodpacks for 3 plat

:vD:21. Always wanted to trade your money...miss this feature? a very simple solution will require a few things.
1a. (2) email accounts...one for your main and the other for the Alt
2b. (2) devices EG: android phone and Chrome
3c. Presto!!!!, trade to yourself, on your main account (EG: Android phone) trade to your Alt (bloodpacks No longer tradable 04/21/2012). (Eg:Chrome or soon iPod/iPhone) and back again to your main account (EG: Android Phone)

:vD:22. Question: So you want to twink eh...meaning you only want a character to PvP at a certain level. (eg:lv15)
Answer: then only do missions with combat, (BUT DONT FINISH THE LEVEL force quit level or leave with no XP) this will force you to gain XP and to level up.
So to farm for equipment and gold use this method. (you get to keep all your stuff, so yea...PvP here i come :D)

:vD:23. now there is a fountain in the town far left of the bar (by the PVP area), reason is health dont regenerate if you log out.
so before you start a mission hit up the blood fountain or you can enjoy buying more bloodpacks up to you."

:vD:24. Before you log-out for the night, use energy on high timers EG: 8-12 hours in length. so when you wake up...u have a nice
XP stash and gold waiting for you in the morning. :D this helps tons if your trying to reach a level cap.

:vD:25. if your about to level up and your in a level Finish and kill the boss. "but dont use the teleporter" leave the mission.
This way you can distribute any remaining energy to other levels before collecting from a 3D dungeon.

:vD:26. So you capped huh?!?! your level (21) gratz to you...Now what? use tips 21-24 to help ya with some ideas. :P

Please feel free to add tips, this is to help ppl and keep this positive.

Swede
04-12-2012, 04:49 PM
Great and funny post Octavos, thanks!

octavos
04-12-2012, 05:04 PM
Glad you liked...its to lighten the mood also.....life is not all about hate...but appreciate right :p
and Kool-Aid...who dont like kool-aid right.

ArtStar
04-12-2012, 05:29 PM
Ha ha nice post!
Well I must say I am pretty pleased with dl.
I have three toons I am working on too,
the fighting is fun I am diggin' it : )

octavos
04-12-2012, 05:48 PM
Ha ha nice post!
Well I must say I am pretty pleased with dl.
I have three toons I am working on too,
the fighting is fun I am diggin' it : )

awww thz...please help with tips and make a screen shoot and ill add it to the post :p

Commanderkeen
04-12-2012, 09:59 PM
Nice post bud I'm loving it!

Apollyon
04-12-2012, 10:29 PM
Yur def on the kool aid alright lol. Good beginner help section tho. I thought from the title it was a better way to find ghosts lol.

octavos
04-12-2012, 10:54 PM
Yur def on the kool aid alright lol. Good beginner help section tho. I thought from the title it was a better way to find ghosts lol.

I wuv me some kool-aid. and for many it does since my alts are listed..Thz ill add to it later want all the new kids to have a simple guide till a proper one can be created.

lilgangster
04-12-2012, 11:21 PM
Someone plz tell me wat this energy is :( i have the game i played im lvl 5 i beleive n i have no complaints at all. So wat/y is evry1 complaining bout enrgy?

Swampy
04-12-2012, 11:31 PM
Someone plz tell me wat this energy is :( i have the game i played im lvl 5 i beleive n i have no complaints at all. So wat/y is evry1 complaining bout enrgy?
Energy is what you need to enter dungeons and do quests.
No energy=waiting to play more

Shaocalur
04-12-2012, 11:46 PM
Nice guide, come on... who doesn't like some fresh kool-aide on a hot summer day?

octavos
04-13-2012, 09:26 AM

energy = missions = XP
you can buy plat refills or buy alts to help ease the tention of waiting.

Lady_Pebbles
04-13-2012, 10:14 AM
You messed up with the list of promo codes... The last one is 148apps20120410. :)

octavos
04-13-2012, 10:15 AM
You messed up with the list of promo codes... The last one is 148apps20120410. :)

YOUR AWSOME!!!! changed :p

Lady_Pebbles
04-13-2012, 10:17 AM

YOUR AWSOME!!!! changed :p
You're welcome luv. ;) Great job on the thread. <3

StompArtist
04-13-2012, 10:17 AM
The thank you fairy as run out of thank yous. This makes the thank you fairy sad after reading this thread.

Great stuff very funny yet informative, Octavos.

octavos
04-13-2012, 10:26 AM
The thank you fairy as run out of thank yous. This makes the thank you fairy sad after reading this thread.

Great stuff very funny yet informative, Octavos.

Aww thz...glad you liked :p then its doing its job....no thz necessery, i dont seek thanks for my post, but understanding.

Prestige
04-13-2012, 10:35 AM
Octavos it's girlgamer you reversed the words :p. Great guide though!

octavos
04-13-2012, 10:40 AM
Octavos it's girlgamer you reversed the words :p. Great guide though!
Changed :3

Deathpunch
04-13-2012, 11:20 AM
For those who are not sure how to enter the promo codes, there are two ways that I'm aware of.

1. If you are in game, pull up the chat and type /promo xxxx, replacing the xxxx with the code.

2. The second way is from the sts nexus.

Tap the STS Nexus button from the character screen:

http://img.tapatalk.com/6c54e168-524f-393c.jpg

Then tap the promo code button in the lower right corner:

http://img.tapatalk.com/6c54e168-5286-2bc2.jpg

Then just enter the code and collect your phat lewtz.

-----
Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

octavos
04-13-2012, 11:23 AM
For those who are not sure how to enter the promo codes, there are two ways that I'm aware of.ECT...........

Thz bro...added

Deathpunch
04-13-2012, 11:23 AM
Thz bro...added

Np

-----
Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

Deathpunch
04-13-2012, 12:16 PM
Derp edit.

-----
Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

Shaocalur
04-13-2012, 12:17 PM
I think that was already added, but thanks!

-----
Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

>.< Gah! I keep getting ninja'd fine I'll delete it...

Deathpunch
04-13-2012, 12:22 PM
>.< Gah! I keep getting ninja'd fine I'll delete it...

Lol, I know the wrath of the ninja, too.

-----
Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

ArtStar
04-13-2012, 01:30 PM

I stole a pic of you earlier.

Presenting Starchild, this will be my main character.
I have not bought plat at all, but I managed to do alright.
Bought clothes just in time for a dev to pop up. :-)

octavos
04-14-2012, 11:12 AM
I stole a pic of you earlier.

Presenting Starchild, this will be my main character.
I have not bought plat at all, but I managed to do alright.
Bought clothes just in time for a dev to pop up. :-)

Nice shot :D... common fellow gamers...need tips to keep this updated :p
what makes you sucsessful in DL?
i got more tips coming.

octavos
04-15-2012, 08:32 PM
So I added 2 important tips, one is a small XP guide and the other is Chrome controls with a real control "wow who would of thought right?!?!?!"

Cjon
04-15-2012, 09:00 PM
The exp guide should mention the frequency of +energy drops in combat missions. Combat mission exp can be equivalent/better than non-combat missions.

octavos
04-15-2012, 09:18 PM
The exp guide should mention the frequency of +energy drops in combat missions. Combat mission exp can be equivalent/better than non-combat missions.

Added, thz bro forgot about that. :D

octavos
04-18-2012, 11:54 AM
added a few more tips and a disclaimer, just incase you dont like this guide. :p
also added new code, which i quoted the person who found it.

NYCFanMan
04-19-2012, 09:29 PM
Nice guide!!

Fyrce
04-20-2012, 03:30 AM
You do not need plat, though it IS cool to have a premium char, especially if you will ever buy auction slots. Most of the costumes can be purchased with gold and you can mix and match them -- head, shirt and pants. You can get extra character slots for free if you have additional email addresses.

If you work on timing your feeds, you should not need that many blood packs. You can also farm for gold and/or blood packs, of course.

octavos
04-20-2012, 09:01 AM
Ill add your tips :p thanks fryce
added a trading tip :p

Warpath
04-21-2012, 02:33 PM
Cons: less XP, you can ruin your stats, and if you solo use tons of potions. IMO, there is a chance that you get no energy drops in a mission FYI, so pick your poison lol, but dont get mad if you don't get even one

What do you mean ruin your stats?.. im semi new and have been doing all missions and leveling differently. have i ruined my characters stats? -.-

octavos
04-21-2012, 03:27 PM
Cons: less XP, you can ruin your stats, and if you solo use tons of potions. IMO, there is a chance that you get no energy drops in a mission FYI, so pick your poison lol, but dont get mad if you don't get even one

What do you mean ruin your stats?.. im semi new and have been doing all missions and leveling differently. have i ruined my characters stats? -.-

Some people love a perfect record "EG:No deaths". so if you die or want perfect stats, it can drive some people crazy with one death. but since there is an achievement for 500+ deaths...i say why not...die as much as you want.
:ghost:

Warpath
04-21-2012, 04:34 PM
Oh those stats. Thought you meant like when you level up you get +attack and defense but don't if you level from non combat missions. Haha, cheers mate

octavos
05-01-2012, 03:33 PM
added a few more tips, and edited earlier content :p
*Added Capped players tips*to help you pass the time while you wait.

Sorry no pics :(