PDA

View Full Version : IGNORE - I think I've found my new favourite feature

Spiritualist
08-11-2010, 10:12 AM
Please help me guys and gals. I'm always popping into town and finding that there are several chat spammers trying to sell their stuff (or perhaps even buy stuff) by chatting over and over again the same text:

http://www.communityfansites.com/pocketlegends/images/chat-spam01.PNG

Can you please confirm to me what the IGNORE feature does as I just think I've found the best feature of the game. My understanding is that it stops you from seeing chats. But what else does it do? Does it stop you receiving private messages from that person? Does it stop you from joining an area/level with that person in? If they are in an area/level that you are in, does it stop you from seeing them? etc.

KingFu
08-11-2010, 10:19 AM
The worst spammers are the noob spammers, they sell low level white for 300 gold and spam it.

The ignore button stops you from seeing the characters chats, messages, trade requests, friend requests, emotes, and pretty much makes it so they are just a random character walking around in town doing nothing. I usually don't use ignore, but I do on spammers.

Spiritualist
08-11-2010, 10:36 AM
Thanks and based upon what you've said, IGNORE is now my favourite feature in the game. Spam sellers were beginning to annoy me so much so I wasn't hanging around town. At least I can chil and have a beer in peace now.

Justg
08-11-2010, 10:47 AM
I can't ignore merchant spammers fast enough in townes.

FluffNStuff
08-11-2010, 10:47 AM
Spam sellers might be a problem but the real scumbags right now are the spam emoters. (The annoying emotes, not those funny guys that sit in town and play music like a jug band, they are pretty cool, and were there long before the emote spam.) Just the ones that try to blow out my iPad's speakers.

Chickdigcookies
08-11-2010, 10:49 AM
Or the "zomg roll a 4 and double your money!"

KingFu
08-11-2010, 10:59 AM
I can't ignore merchant spammers fast enough in townes.

I used to be a big spammer, so I am probably on that list ;) You can take me off, since I pretty much give up selling in town, too many spammers.

j46g629h
08-11-2010, 01:44 PM
25/07
http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/9004/img0460b.jpg

07/08
http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/7613/img0462x.jpg

Also, please dev I really want the cute enchantress looking back

KingFu
08-11-2010, 01:52 PM
25/07
http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/9004/img0460b.jpg

07/08
http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/7613/img0462x.jpg

Also, please dev I really want the cute enchantress looking back

Holygrail has been on my ignore list the longest, he spams all day!

Spiritualist
08-11-2010, 02:31 PM
Do you guys think anything can be done to stop this type of spamming, or perhaps, do you think anything should be done about them? Would this type of activity take up bandwidth and CPU time of our servers and possibly cause any increase in ping? And do you think it would be fair to have a list of spammers of this site, or would it turn out to be a "I don't like this person because of" type list?

Kurlz
08-11-2010, 02:32 PM
i was runnin thru fathom crypts as my enchantress, three other enchants and a warrior joined...the warrior kept spammin stupid stuff like "ill burn ur house down" and "heal heal heal heal" (he had maybe ten health points gone and wanted me to heal him every time he took even a tiny bit of damage) and i wasnt the host, so i couldnt boot him, neither could anyone else because the origional host had left, so i ignored him...so peaceful...lol

Spiritualist
08-11-2010, 04:35 PM
Indeed, so I wonder what can be done about such things.

When I log into the game, there's always this message about email screenshots of abuse/inappropriate behaviour to the development team... should this include this type of activity? Should we report spammers? Certainly the devs can note whether they are persistant spammers and ban from the game when they think appropriate.

tjornan
08-11-2010, 04:43 PM
Spammers, unfortunately are technically doing nothing wrong other than being annoying. Unless they are spamming racist, sexist, or religionist or stuff that is innapropriate, you cant report them. Sorry

Machinima
08-11-2010, 04:49 PM
This would be a funny video if there was one made...

Tailless
08-11-2010, 06:58 PM
I don't know if it is feasible or even possible with this game but how about a lock out for 30 sec-2 min if you spam general chat X amount of times in a 15 or 30 sec period. Personal Messages or Group Chat in maps could be exempt from this or be on a different timer.

Spiritualist
08-12-2010, 04:09 AM
I don't know if it is feasible or even possible with this game but how about a lock out for 30 sec-2 min if you spam general chat X amount of times in a 15 or 30 sec period. Personal Messages or Group Chat in maps could be exempt from this or be on a different timer.Indeed and this could definately look to see if the same words are being spammed, stopping people messaging again and again the same thing.