PDA

View Full Version : Best experience for the energy spent.

morfic
04-12-2012, 06:19 PM
The following guide will be utilizing a system of timing longer to shorter cut-scene missions for optimal XP gain. Whenever you see me refer to "Baking" or "Cooking", it is in reference to sitting on a cut-scene mission with a long timer (IE: Letting that 9 hour mission "Bake").

First I am going to group all of the decent "XP gain vs energy spent" missions into different categories. These will be, Long-bake (9 hour to 1 day timers), Mid-Bake (1 to 3 hour timers), and Short-Bake (less than an hour). For those of you who are used to this system, or have already read through this guide, it will serve as a reference of all of the good missions for you to make your own rotations. For the purposes of this guide, I will be references missions from the point of the game I am currently in. If you have not reached this point of the game yet, just apply the same principles to the campaigns you have unlocked.

Next, we will devise a few "Rotations" of missions. We will always start with the long-bake rotations, move on to the mid-bake, and then finish with short-bakes. This is to ensure that we are gaining maximum XP.

-----------------------------

***LONG BAKES***

Stalk the Werewolves - 4 energy - 30 exp - 1 day timer (Downtown Suburbs)

Find the Traitor CPD - 4 energy - 30 exp - 9 hour timer (Downtown Suburbs)

Track the Horde - 5 energy - 35 exp - 1 day timer (Market Subway)

Breach Magic Barrier - 5 energy - 30 exp - 12 hour timer (Market Subway)

Search McCandless' Remains - 4 energy - 35 exp - 1 day timer (The Outskirts)

Breach Cult Checkpoint - 5 energy - 30 exp - 9 hour timer (The Outskirts)

***MID-BAKES***

Track the Magic Source - 6 energy - 30 exp - 3 hour timer (Market Subway)

Reach the Horde - 6 energy - 30 exp - 2.5 hour timer (Market Subway)

Research Marcella Dupree - 5 energy - 30 exp - 2.5 hour timer (Outskirts)

Crack the Mansion Safe - 4 energy - 28 exp - 3 hour timer (Dark Hallow)

Breach Hunter Hideout - 4 energy - 28 exp - 3 hour timer (Dark Hallow)

Search for Arkuz - 5 energy - 26 exp - 1.5 hour timer (Dark Hallow)

***SHORT-BAKES***

Observe From Above - 5 energy - 28 exp - 10 minute timer (Downtown Suburbs)

Scout Cultist Tunnels - 7 energy - 26 exp - 10minute timer (Outskirts)

Scout Cultist Building - 7 energy - 23 exp - 5minute timer (Outskirts)

Search Fox's Corpse - 5 energy - 20 exp - 9minute timer (Dark Hallow)

Chase Down Hunter - 5 energy - 20 exp - 8 minute timer (Dark Hallow)

-----------------------------

So, in our struggle to acclimate to the new energy mechanic, me and Aculeas have started trying build the best way to manage my energy and time. Most of my playtime is while I am at work, so the energy system is actually beneficial in that way. But this breakdown is to get the most xp for my energy in rotations.

To start with, we know that playable missions give 10 experience for 3 energy. That's a constant across all campaigns. (minus the first play through). Where the inconsistency lies is in the cut-scene missions. In the first two campaigns they do not get that much XP, usually in the 3-9 range. However, in the next two campaigns we begin to see exp in the 20-30 XP range. Now as long as we find the missions with an energy cost that makes that XP gain better than missions... we're in business! The only problem with this plan, is regarding the new changes to energy drops in playable missions. These drops will probably make constant playable missions the most efficient way to level, but let us assume that one cannot actively play (at work, etc).

Below I am going to detail my personal rotations throughout the day.

---------------------

Here are the dreaded long-bake missions. Most people HATE these missions because they take so long. I have learned to love them. These allow me to get more and more missions baking in my "Queue". So that means more XP over the long run!

Long-Bake Rotation

Stalk the Werewolves - This mission costs 4 energy and grants 30 exp. It has a 1 day timer. (Downtown Suburbs)

Find the Traitor CPD - This mission costs 4 energy and grants 30 exp. It has a 9 hour timer. (Downtown Suburbs)

Track the Horde - This mission costs 5 energy and grants 35 exp. It has a 1 day timer. (Market Subway)

Breach Magic Barrier - This mission costs 5 energy and grants 30 exp. It has a 12 hour timer. (Market Subway)

Search McCandless' Remains - This mission costs 4 energy and grants 35 exp. It has a 1 day timer. (The Outskirts)

Energy Spent: 22
Time required: 24 hours
XP Gain: 160

So, from this rotation alone, we are getting 160 XP over the course of 1 day. Once these missions are baking, we are guaranteed that 160 experience at the end of 24 hours on top of any other XP we have gained. The more missions we can have baking throughout the day, the better. This increases our overall experience per day.

---------------------

This next rotation is for those of us who have to leave for a few hours and will be unable to log into game in that time. It is for maximum offline experience gain in the 25 energy allotment. I am actually starting this rotation with one of the "Long-Bake" missions because it is still available. We never want to skip a long-bake because they increase our overall experience gain in the long run.

Mid-Bake Rotation

Track the Magic Source - This mission costs 6 energy and grants 30 exp. It has a 3 hour timer. (Market Subway)

Reach the Horde - This mission costs 6 energy and grants 30 exp. It has a 2.5 hour timer. (Market Subway)

Breach Cult Checkpoint - This mission costs 5 energy and grants 30 exp. It has a 9 hour timer (The Outskirts)

Crack the Mansion Safe - This mission costs 4 energy and grants 28 exp. It has a 3 hour timer. (Dark Hallow)

Breach Hunter Hideout - This mission costs 4 energy and grants 28 exp. It has a 3 hour timer. (Dark Hallow)

Energy Spent: 25
Time required: 3 hours
XP Gain: 146

So, as you can see with this rotation, it grants you a huge 146 experience, but needs 3 hours to come to fruition. These type of missions are optimal if are not going to be able to log in to the game for a bit.

---------------------

When it comes to short-bake rotations, I suggest picking out the "Best XP for lowest XP" mission you have access to (Which is under 10 minutes), and spamming it as often as you can. This is not always optimal for some people, who don't have time to play. If this is the case, you can pretty much use up your 25 energy on any combination of the Short-Bake's I listed up top.

Short-Bake Rotation

Observe From Above - This mission costs 5 energy and grants 28 exp. It has a 10 minute timer. (Downtown Suburbs)

Energy Spent: 5
Time required: 10 minutes
XP Gain: 28

Every 10 minutes, I do this mission. It costs 5 energy per, and I replenish 2 energy every 10 minutes. This equates to me being able to do this mission 7 times over the course of 70 minutes for a reward of 196 XP.

---------------------

Now let's break down my 24 hour period of XP gain.

There are three 24 hour quests I can do per 24 hours = 100 XP
There is one 12 hour quest I can do twice per 24 hours = 60 XP
There are two 9 hour quests I can do twice per 24 hours = 120 XP
There are three 3 hour quests that I can do eight times per 24 hours = 688 XP
There are two 2.5 hour quests that I can do eight times per 24 hours = 480 XP
There is one 1.5 hour quest that I can do sixteen times per 24 hours = 416 XP
There is one 10 minute quest that I can do 35 times per 6 hours = 980 XP
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Total XP gained over 24 hours = 2,844 XP

Obviously we cannot do the last 10 minute quest every 10 minutes for 24 hours. We have to sleep sometime! And also, we have to account for the time it takes for refreshing the mid-bake rotations throughout the day. So I calculated (over the course of 24 hours) doing the 10 minute quest 35 times. This takes about 6 hours.

** NOTE: The above numbers reflect someone with absolutely no life who dedicates every waking moment to DL and does nothing else in attempt to level as fast as possible. Your gains will probably be much lower. **

---------------------

I understand that this is subject to my level (17), but I will continually update my rotations for future campaigns. Hope that someone found this useful. :p

EDIT: Screenshots of mission locations
EDITEDIT: Thanks to Aculeas for discussing this with me and inspiring me to post.

more pics coming soon

Prestige
04-12-2012, 06:31 PM
Probably better to stick with the highest ratio ones on the low timer side per map rather than doing everything all at once unless you level right away. Great guide nonetheless!

Snakespeare
04-12-2012, 06:36 PM
proof that "regulation breeds innovation"

Lowlyspy
04-12-2012, 06:55 PM
Morfy, I love you.

morfic
04-12-2012, 07:02 PM
<3

added pictures.

rkp71
04-12-2012, 07:19 PM
Yes, I have been re-doing many of the long wait maps, since I log out to wait for energy. Ofcourse this is normally when waiting on some other timer to expire anyway. I mean why not do the 3 hour ones 3 time while waiting for my 9 hour timer to cool down. This is what I have been trying of late when I can't progress waiting for another timer.

Elyseon
04-12-2012, 07:32 PM
Got any fast routes to 21 o_O

Aculeas
04-12-2012, 07:33 PM
Oh gee I wonder who's idea this was?

>.>

<.<

Elyseon
04-12-2012, 07:37 PM
Oh gee I wonder who's idea this was?

>.>

<.<

Was it mine?

rkp71
04-12-2012, 07:53 PM
Tip: Do not collect quests that might give energy if you have full energy. Meh, logged in and had all my energy back collected some timed quests I was waiting on and got some free energy, to bad I was full.... ooopsie.

StompArtist
04-12-2012, 07:56 PM
proof that "regulation breeds innovation"

Fight the power!!!!

Sryyoulose
04-12-2012, 08:05 PM
I have to wait another 20 days :/ I'll be so behind.

XchilangopwnX
04-13-2012, 05:57 PM
You have an error. Quest: Research Marcella is in The Outskirts not Hallow. And I am loving this list I knew if we tactically used energy we could learn to live with it ^_^ great job

Wolves
04-13-2012, 06:01 PM
Another Morfic thread bookmarked. Thanks heaps. You too Aculeas.

morfic
04-13-2012, 06:31 PM
You have an error. Quest: Research Marcella is in The Outskirts not Hallow. And I am loving this list I knew if we tactically used energy we could learn to live with it ^_^ great job

Thank you sir, got mixed up. I also had the other quests in the wrong location. Fixed them all (I think)

Also, I just edited in further rotations for maximum XP gain. I will post them here as well:

---------------------

Now let's take this a step further. We know the experience gain from the best long timer quests, and we know the experience gain from the short timer quests. So there's got to be a good way to mix these up for maximum XP gains. This is probably a nobrainer for people glancing through this post, but I will post it anyway. Here is the optimal rotation of cutscene missions:

Go ahead and blow all of your energy on the long timer quests. Which are the following..

1.) Crack the Mansion Safe - This mission costs 4 energy and grants 28 exp. It has a 3 hour timer. (Dark Hallow)

2.) Breach Hunter Hideout - This mission costs 4 energy and grants 28 exp. It has a 3 hour timer. (Dark Hallow)

3.) Search for Arkuz - This mission costs 5 energy and grants 26 exp. It has a 1.5 hour timer. (Dark Hallow)

4.) Research Marcella Dupree - This mission costs 5 energy and grants 30 exp. It has a 2.5 hour timer (The Outskirts)

*** At this point you have 7 energy left, and all of the good XP awarding quests with a 3 hour timer or less ***

Now we start our fast cutsceen rotations while these 4 are baking. We have two paths we can take:

LAZY PATH: Do the following...

5.) Scout Cultist Tunnels - This mission costs 7 energy and grants 26 exp. It has a 10 minute timer.

***You are now out of energy, and will need to find something to do for a bit while you regen. Energy regens at 1 per 5 minutes. I suggest playing an alt or PvP until regen***

6.) Pick up all completed missions.

7.) Search Fox's Corpse: This mission costs 5 energy and grants 20 experience. It has a 9 minute timer. (Dark Hallow)

8.) Chase Down Hunter - This mission costs 5 energy and grants 20 experience. It has a 9 minute timer. (Dark Hallow)

9.) Scout Cultist Tunnels - This mission costs 7 energy and grants 26 exp. It has a 10 minute timer.

10.) Scout Cultist Building - This mission costs 7 energy and grants 23 exp. It has a 5 minute timer.

[B]***You are now out of energy again, and will need to play alts/pvp/or real life for a while***

Repeat these last 5 steps until the long missions are available for pickup. If you follow this pattern, it is quite easy to level up fairly quickly while at work with limited playtime, or just in the cheapest and laziest way possible. ;p You can do this a little more proactively if you wish, by logging on every 30 minute or so to pull another missions to maximize the constant XP gain, but that goes against my lazy nature.

PROACTIVE PATH (maximum XP gain): Do the following...

You currently have 7 energy left over after baking all of the long timer missions. The next step is simple.

Choose one maximum XP gain for the lowest amount of energy and refresh time possible... and spam it as fast as possible. In my case, I use:

Search Fox's Corpse: This mission costs 5 energy and grants 20 experience. It has a 9 minute timer. (Dark Hallow)

This mission has good XP return and only costs 5 energy. That means from a completely empty XP pool, you can do this mission every 25 minutes!. So if we break this down mathmatically. Our long-bake missions will return 138 XP over the course of 3 hours. In that time, we are gaining 20 experience every 25 minutes. We can fit 7 of these missions into our 3 hour bake. 7 x 20 = 140 XP + the 138 XP from the 3 hour bake = 278 XP every 3 hours from only cutscene missions and by only tapping 2 buttons every 25 minutes. Not too shabby. ;)

---------------------

StompArtist
04-13-2012, 06:33 PM
Lol @ play RL

Foxxi
04-13-2012, 08:35 PM
amazing thread! will be referring to it religiously, thank you.

Beanmachine
04-13-2012, 09:22 PM
You are the best...

imtakingover
04-13-2012, 09:32 PM
Thank you. For some reason I never thought you can re-do wait missions

Lowlyspy
04-13-2012, 09:56 PM
Small typo morfy, the "chase down hunter" mission in Dark Hallow is only 8 minutes.

Thanks for this guide, i've gotten far enough through the campaigns to use it, hopefully i'll be 21 in no time :p

Apollyon
04-14-2012, 02:41 AM
There is another aspect you may be missing, which is to min max energy/level increase. If you are close to leveling, do the minimum xp missions to get you one xp under what you need to level. Then do the biggest mission you can find. Optimal results would be with a multi hour mission ready to cash in. Remember, you do not get the reward till it is cashed in, enabling you to save up the pricey one til you are ready to level.

Lylaise
04-14-2012, 05:22 AM
Morfic, much thanks to you and Aculeas for figuring all this out! :D

I've been doing cutscenes to get more money, and haven't been focusing on exp too much. I'm still a level 14 so it's been working out pretty well. I can't remember the exact name of the cutscenes right now, but there's 4 in the first area that give you 50 gold each which cost 3 energy each. And there's one in the third area that gives you 100 gold for 6 energy. They take 3-10 minutes each. So for 18 energy, you get 300 gold. And since they're so short, you can usually do a couple more before you're out of energy.

Are there any other money-hungry players who've been trying to figure out ways to get more money? I'd love to hear some. :)

Staryknight
04-14-2012, 11:01 PM
I've been doing cutscenes to get more money, and haven't been focusing on exp too much. I'm still a level 14 so it's been working out pretty well. I can't remember the exact name of the cutscenes right now, but there's 4 in the first area that give you 50 gold each which cost 3 energy each. And there's one in the third area that gives you 100 gold for 6 energy. They take 3-10 minutes each. So for 18 energy, you get 300 gold. And since they're so short, you can usually do a couple more before you're out of energy.

Are there any other money-hungry players who've been trying to figure out ways to get more money? I'd love to hear some. :)

If you want to earn money it's much more profitable to play the 3D combat missions (and more fun imo). Each one only costs 3 energy and if you solo you will get somewhere around 300-600 gold per run. Plus there is a chance to get pinks that will sell for high prices in the auction. I ran all the maps in the first 5 campaigns today while keeping track of how much gold I got in each. Kain's Krest: Ghouls and Goblins, Dark Hallow: The Fox Den, and Market Subway: No way out are all good places to farm. Be sure to run solo and break all of the destructibles to maximize your profit. You can also look at prices in the auction and see which drops are the most valuable. Then check out the loot tables for each dungeon to find where these items drop and farm for pinks.

Thanks for the awesome guide Morfic.

morfic
04-16-2012, 11:52 AM
Edited the guide to reflect current campaigns. I will continually update it as we go along. I am also currently working on accurate calculations and a schedule for people to follow throughout the day for optimal XP gains and minimal playtime. My OP is reflective of someone who barely sleeps and does nothing other than DL nonstop.

Blaquehaaart
04-17-2012, 04:13 AM
The best experience comes from constantly grinding. Yeah, 4 energy for 30 xp over 9hr equals about 3.33 exp an hour. If you spent all your energy on a all the long bakes that will equal 180xp.

If you were to drain your energy at once (at 3 energy for 10 xp) you'd get 70xp off the initial grind. Then, considering it takes 5 minutes to regen 1 energy point. You'd could run 4 instances an hour which would equal 40 points per hour. Over a 9 hour period that would be 360xp. Keep in mind this isn't including xp bonus when grind, which you get a fare amount of. The total altogether would be about 430 xp in the instance you didn't get once energy bonus drop.

Of course the best solution would be to slow bake your energy and grind off regen, would equal 610 xp.

In any case, just always make sure your energy bar isn't coasting at 25/25. It takes 2 hours for the bar to go from zero to full. Thus, you wanna make sure you're dumping those points into what ever, every two hours.

morfic
04-17-2012, 10:02 AM
The best experience comes from constantly grinding. Yeah, 4 energy for 30 xp over 9hr equals about 3.33 exp an hour. If you spent all your energy on a all the long bakes that will equal 180xp.

If you were to drain your energy at once (at 3 energy for 10 xp) you'd get 70xp off the initial grind. Then, considering it takes 5 minutes to regen 1 energy point. You'd could run 4 instances an hour which would equal 40 points per hour. Over a 9 hour period that would be 360xp. Keep in mind this isn't including xp bonus when grind, which you get a fare amount of. The total altogether would be about 430 xp in the instance you didn't get once energy bonus drop.

Of course the best solution would be to slow bake your energy and grind off regen, would equal 610 xp.

In any case, just always make sure your energy bar isn't coasting at 25/25. It takes 2 hours for the bar to go from zero to full. Thus, you wanna make sure you're dumping those points into what ever, every two hours.

This is false.

The idea is to stack the 1 day missions, 9 hour missions, 3 hour missions, and 10 minute missions in a constant rotation throughout the day.

- Take all 1 day missions 8:00am
- Take all 9 hour missions 10:00am (22 hours left of 1 day missions)
- Take all 3 hour missions 12:00pm (20 hours left on 1 day missions) (7 hours left on 9 hour missions)
- Take all 10 minute missions 2:00pm (18 hours left on 1 day missions) (5 hours left on 9 hour missions) (1 hour left on 3 hour missions)
- Take all 3 hour missions 4:00pm (16 hours left on 1 day missions) (3 hours left on 9 hour missions)
- Take all 10 minute missions 6:00pm (14 hours left on 1 day missions) (1 hours left on 9 hour missions) (1 hour left on 3 hour missions)
- Take all 9 hour missions 8:00pm (12 hours left on 1 day missions)
- Take all 3 hour missions 10:00pm (10 hours left on 1 day missions) (7 hours left on 9 hour missions)
- Take all 10 minute missions 12:00pm (8 hours left on 1 day missions) (5 hours left on 9 hour missions) (1 hour left on 3 hour missions)

In the above scenario, we completed 1 day of grinding cutscene missions (With minimal playtime). In that period of time, we picked up a full rotation of 9 hour missions, 2 rotations of 3 hour missions, and 3 rotations of 10 minute missions. Then on top of that, when we wake up we will have a rotation of 1 day missions, 9 hour missions, and 3 hour missions ready to pick up.

So in that 1 day period, based on the XP gains I noted in my OP, we would have gained: 1015 experience with 225 energy spent.

-----------------

If you just grinded playable missions for the same amount of time, considering that we could fit 8 missions into the first 25 energy (80 xp), and then 4 missions per hour..

- First 8 playables = 80 xp, 24 energy (8:00am)
- 64 missions = 640 xp, 192 energy (12:00pm)

So by constantly grinding playable missions for the same allotment of time, you have gained: 720 experience with 216 energy spent.

Of course this is not including your energy drops from playable missions, but it is not taking into account the energy bonuses from picking up cutscene missions either. It is also calculated that we are only picking up cutscene missions every two hours (a huge waste), instead of picking up a new mission everytime I have enough energy. (This is sort of intentional, because it is supposed to be a lazy man/minimal playing thing).

But even with the discrepancies, cutscene missions gives the best experience for the energy spent... which is the point of this thread.

FluffNStuff
04-17-2012, 10:56 AM
There is another aspect you may be missing, which is to min max energy/level increase. If you are close to leveling, do the minimum xp missions to get you one xp under what you need to level. Then do the biggest mission you can find. Optimal results would be with a multi hour mission ready to cash in. Remember, you do not get the reward till it is cashed in, enabling you to save up the pricey one til you are ready to level.

Best bet is an action board to level because leveling with a mission a lot of times gives you energy you lose because of the flip.

Zel
04-17-2012, 09:36 PM
I'd just like to mention that later on in the Red Light District, you can get a whopping 43 exp for 8 energy in 'Visit New Fang Club', very efficient when you're reaching level 17+ and it's taking 1k exp. to level up.

Also, never let yourself level up with any energy left, sink it into short-bakes and collect after levelling (preferably with some energy used, so any bonus energy from the completions isn't wasted).

Don't mean to crash your thread, just thought i'd offer a few tips :)

Delphina
04-17-2012, 09:43 PM
Wow! This is a great thread! You spent some time on it :)

GELLIO77
04-18-2012, 01:32 PM
Wow! This is a great thread! You spent some time on it :)

Dam right he did! :p

Teddyache
04-18-2012, 10:00 PM
Also, never let yourself level up with any energy left, sink it into short-bakes and collect after levelling (preferably with some energy used, so any bonus energy from the completions isn't wasted).

The fact that leveling refreshes your energy to full is an important point worth adding to the early part of this guide. I had to learn it the hard way and I'm sure most did as well. This has already been said, but if you are about to level get as close as you can without actually leveling, then spend all your remaining energy on the best XP/energy bakes you have available. When you have no energy left, collect the finished level that puts you over the top and bam, back to full energy. Then, spend your new energy before collecting other finished bakes in case you get an energy bonus from one of them. I learned this the hard way too (notice a theme?)

Overall, great guide!

----------------------------------------

Edit: I remembered the other thing I wanted to add...

I haven't had a chance to work through the math but i believe the optimal order to do different length bakes vs immediate gratification levels is going to vary by individual by day, and possibly even throughout the day, because on any given day one may only be able to log in at certain intervals. For me, these intervals change based on when I have work meetings, breaks, etc so Monday may be a busy day and Tuesday not so much. Each person would need to analyze this based on their own schedule. I doubt I'll have time to work up a model any time soon but here is a basic example:

Day 1
1. Log in first thing in the morning and set long bakes, then get ready and go to work while energy regens.
2. Right before walking into work, set medium bakes.
3. Lunch break, set short bakes.
4. End of work day, reset medium bakes then commute home.
5. When home, reset short bakes.

Day 2
1. Log in first thing in the morning and set long bakes, then get ready and go to work while energy regens.
2. Right before walking into work, set short bakes because I know I can take an early break. This is bonus XP relative to day 1.
3. Morning coffee break, set medium bakes.
4. Lunch break, set short bakes again and follow rest of day 1 pattern.

In other words the ratio of XP/energy matters but the rate of XP over time will be affected by how often one can log in relative to energy regen, and the optimal pattern can change based on what is already baking and when one can next log in. Comments?

GELLIO77
04-19-2012, 10:36 AM
morf so your lvling up without actually going into a dungeon and killing ppl? what if you do what you said and play a dungeon or isnt it possible?

akfury
04-19-2012, 05:29 PM
i have not got to play dl yet stupid ios and my chrome does not work but knowing morfic i bet this is a great guide :)

morfic
04-19-2012, 05:35 PM
@teddyache and Zel: Great posts. Thanks for contributing!
@Akfury: <33

@Gell: Yes, I do a majority of my leveling outside of the 3d missions. The ONLY time I have stepped foot in one, is to unlock the next area. Keep in mind though, this guide is just talking about the best xp for the energy spent. It's not recommending that no one does 3d missions. Some people do missions based on return of gold. Some farm 3d missions for pinks etc. There are many many different playstyles and not one guide could accommodate them all.

However, using this guide, one could level up to 21 without barely playing the game at all. :p I am level 20 right now, and I guarantee if we had a way to check how long a character has been logged into the game... I would probably be the lowest, or one of the lowest. ;p

Lylaise
04-19-2012, 11:54 PM
Thanks for the tips, Staryknight! :D

I kind-of want to make a new character and follow this guide as much as possible, just to see what would happen. I'm level 20 already on Lyla. XD

GELLIO77
04-20-2012, 01:25 PM
@teddyache and Zel: Great posts. Thanks for contributing!
@Akfury: <33

@Gell: Yes, I do a majority of my leveling outside of the 3d missions. The ONLY time I have stepped foot in one, is to unlock the next area. Keep in mind though, this guide is just talking about the best xp for the energy spent. It's not recommending that no one does 3d missions. Some people do missions based on return of gold. Some farm 3d missions for pinks etc. There are many many different playstyles and not one guide could accommodate them all.

However, using this guide, one could level up to 21 without barely playing the game at all. :p I am level 20 right now, and I guarantee if we had a way to check how long a character has been logged into the game... I would probably be the lowest, or one of the lowest. ;p

morf then what would you think is the best time to bake and play 3d?

Websterfatu
04-24-2012, 07:43 PM
Thanks for the guide, it helped me get to level 18. Then I decided it didn't make the info as accessible as I'd like so I made a similar guide but one that gives all the info for every cutscene mission (up to where I am in the campaigns, of course).

Check it out here and let me know what you think:
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?56306-Mission-Experience-Data-A-Guide&p=629935#post629935

morfic
04-25-2012, 02:04 PM
Thanks for the guide, it helped me get to level 18. Then I decided it didn't make the info as accessible as I'd like so I made a similar guide but one that gives all the info for every cutscene mission (up to where I am in the campaigns, of course).

Check it out here and let me know what you think:
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?56306-Mission-Experience-Data-A-Guide&p=629935#post629935

Love it man. I was discussing it earlier, saying that It would probably be more beneficial for me not to update this one anymore, and let you take over with your fancy charts.

Good job.

Websterfatu
04-25-2012, 03:35 PM
Love it man. I was discussing it earlier, saying that It would probably be more beneficial for me not to update this one anymore, and let you take over with your fancy charts.

Good job.

Thanks...I wasn't trying to replace what you're doing, though! I think that what I've got is the hard numbers for what you can reasonably expect...yours lays out a good strategy to actually make the most out of it.

For example, by my chart, you can make 168 xp/hour in Observe from Above (or 182 xp/hour on average counting bonuses) but who the heck would want to sit there and push the button every 10 minutes all day long? Your strategy is great for just checking in and is a lot of what I'm actually doing.

Either way, I'll update mine until I reach the end of the campaigns in a week or two depending on how long it takes to get through the 1 day missions remaining. Once I do that maybe I'll make one for gold farming, or add that to this one (more likely)

Blaquehaaart
04-29-2012, 04:56 PM
Thanks...I wasn't trying to replace what you're doing, though! I think that what I've got is the hard numbers for what you can reasonably expect...yours lays out a good strategy to actually make the most out of it.

For example, by my chart, you can make 168 xp/hour in Observe from Above (or 182 xp/hour on average counting bonuses) but who the heck would want to sit there and push the button every 10 minutes all day long? Your strategy is great for just checking in and is a lot of what I'm actually doing.

Either way, I'll update mine until I reach the end of the campaigns in a week or two depending on how long it takes to get through the 1 day missions remaining. Once I do that maybe I'll make one for gold farming, or add that to this one (more likely)

You would only play observe every ten minutes for the first 50 minutes...it'd be every 25 minutes after that. The refresh rate of that mission is 25 minutes.

It seems like you don't see past the first hour. The initial xp gain is a small about of the overall, is more determined by the refresh rate of the meter and not necessarily the amount of energy in it.

The first hour will produce the fastest burst of xp, but you can only see that occurance every 125 minutes, and only if you let your energy meter sit idle. It in no way paints an accurate picture of a consistent rate of return.

It is like saying a sprinter will travel further by sprinting 400 meter every other hour than a marathon runner doing a long stride without taking a break. Yeah, in the first 400 meters the sprinter will cover more ground, but over a longer period it won't be close. Never-the-less, it seems that you can only see that first sprint...and not the entire race.

Websterfatu
04-30-2012, 07:31 AM
You would only play observe every ten minutes for the first 50 minutes...it'd be every 25 minutes after that. The refresh rate of that mission is 25 minutes.

It seems like you don't see past the first hour.

This was pointed out in another thread as well (though not in mine for some reason) but it doesn't matter as I've updated the spreadsheet to take into account how much you could get with an active hour of play starting both with a full energy bar or an empty one. When I put it in place, it was meant to represent the most you could expect in one hour of active play, not what you could expect by not sleeping and playing that one mission 24 hours. It's just there as an option for people to determine their own strategy for how they want to gain experience. So, now people can see both numbers.

Blaquehaaart
04-30-2012, 06:11 PM
This was pointed out in another thread as well (though not in mine for some reason) but it doesn't matter as I've updated the spreadsheet to take into account how much you could get with an active hour of play starting both with a full energy bar or an empty one. When I put it in place, it was meant to represent the most you could expect in one hour of active play, not what you could expect by not sleeping and playing that one mission 24 hours. It's just there as an option for people to determine their own strategy for how they want to gain experience. So, now people can see both numbers.

I usually calculate the experienced gain in any given time cycle. Usually it's a 25 hour cycle to match the reset time on the longest bake.

Never-the-less, you can base the numbers on a 4, 12.5, or 80 hour cycles and it won't matter because if you are playing from a exhusted meter the experience gain will all remain proprotional any given cycle.

Depending on he refresh rate of the mission you only need to log in to play them.

For instance I only log in once in hours to play the two 6eng/40xp/10min missions. I'm making 80xp per hour. It takes me less than a minute to do, I'm not letting the meter sit idle at 25/25, and I'm exploiting the best xp gain I the game.

I can always dump extra points in the one of the 6eng/40xp missions as well.

It's really easy...

Snakespeare
05-03-2012, 12:42 PM
Blaque, again, that's not true. Your 6 energy mission is simply not the most efficient method.

You get more XP and GP by this method of farming. 80 xp per hour, you say? I'm talking 230-ish XP per two hours. It's all about patience. After 6 hours (three cycles), I've made 700 XP and you've made 480 (six cycles).

However, each person has to make his own best method and there is probably a reason why this works for you. But I work all day. I need to exhaust my energy and let it refresh over the full cycle to reduce the number of times I go on DL.

Centavo
05-03-2012, 05:06 PM
With the new changes to timers this seems obsolete. Will this be updated to reflect the new changes? I haven't seen another post mention this yet.

morfic
05-03-2012, 05:20 PM
I briefly considered it, but given the fact that Snakespeare has already posted a beautifully compiled database of all gains AND a rotation that eliminated the need to use this guide at all.... I have decided to consider this guide outdated and not update it further. It had a good run, but please refer to Snakes thread for further knowledge of XP expenditure.

Here is his thread: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?56306-Mission-Experience-Data-A-Guide

Delphina
05-03-2012, 05:28 PM
I briefly considered it, but given the fact that Snakespeare has already posted a beautifully compiled database of all gains AND a rotation that eliminated the need to use this guide at all.... I have decided to consider this guide outdated and not update it further. It had a good run, but please refer to Snakes thread for further knowledge of XP expenditure.

Here is his thread: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?56306-Mission-Experience-Data-A-Guide

I'll close this thread for you!