PDA

View Full Version : How Can DL Be Better?

Buddyf97
04-12-2012, 07:20 PM
Let's face it. This game has a very low satisfaction rating from STS supporters. There are a few things that I believe could make it better, but I also want your opinions!

1) Energy
STS just introduced energy into DL. With a maximum of 25 energy and only one regenerating over 5 minutes causes a famine of energy. This ends up with us not having the ability to play the "fun" parts of this game. The only way you can restore this is by spending platinum! (platinum will be discussed later in this post)
My Suggestion: Make the quests require energy the same they are. It has a good base and I understand where STS is coming from. But the whole focus of STS games have been on the dungeons and PvE experiences. I think STS should make the dungeons require no energy. We can still have our fun but it doesn't take a long wait for a minute run. To unlock the next dungeons you need to do the quests (which require energy). BUT, if this were to happen, you would only be able to do this mission part of it with energy. Therefore you can only receive exp by using energy. You can still recover loot and PvE kills, just not exp. (without energy that is)
Post Your Thoughts below!

2) Diveristy in Characters
With DL you only have one character class, therefore one skill tree. My fear in this is what happens with pvp? The fun part of SL/PL PvP was learning how to adapt and kill different builds. Different players for that matter. Now imagine everyone being the same class, same build. Now how is that fun?
My suggestion: Have a limited amount of skills to be able to be unlocked. So if you get a skill point every 3 or so levels you should only be able to unlock another skill about every 5+. Now you must use the unlocks wisely and then will add some diversity. Now everyone isn't going to use the same 12 skills, but a different combination of 6-7 skills.

3) Platinum
This topic is up in the air at the moment but this is what I've taken from this so far... Platinum costs more but you gets less for each platinum purchased. The whole game concept is clear to me.
My explanation: STS is no longer a small gaming studio. It is slowly turning into a giant corporation that makes millions upon millions. DL is an attempt to make that pretty penny. Look at the game! Platinum costs more! So now you are paying more! Now all the items and features cost more! Now you need to buy more inflated platinum...
If some changes are not made I'm going to give up on DL and continue with PL.

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Post them below!
-Buddyf

Paar
04-12-2012, 07:26 PM
I agree with all of these. I think they should of thought put pvp a little better, Kind of like SL. The dungeons I dont like how I have to do every quest before I unlock a new dungeon. Platinum, dont even get me started. I do like that you can make money pretty easily. But all in all... Im sticking to SL.

Justinjspark
04-12-2012, 07:26 PM
I agree..and off topic but is there max cap vanity item?

Xionskull
04-12-2012, 07:31 PM
I agree..and off topic but is there max cap vanity item?yes and what is the cap?

Deathpunch
04-12-2012, 07:39 PM
I believe the current cap is 21.

-----
Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

Roc
04-12-2012, 08:27 PM
Also, when people click to go to the auction guy, everyone runs towards him so there ends up being a cluster. Then it becomes hard for other people to click on the guy.

Justinjspark
04-12-2012, 08:30 PM
Where can u get the max cap vanity item In dark legend

rkp71
04-12-2012, 08:49 PM
The thing DL likely needs most is just time. Fixes will come, more content, a few tweaks and whatnot. For all my not liking of waiting I still think the game has a solid start.

Phoenixking
04-12-2012, 08:54 PM
The thing DL likely needs most is just time. Fixes will come, more content, a few tweaks and whatnot. For all my not liking of waiting I still think the game has a solid start.
In my opinion Star legends had a nice start, better then dark legends just saying, I havent played the game but I have seen videos, In my opinion the game doesn't look AWESOME! Awesome just it looks nice and now that I see a lot of things which I don't like like the energy or plat cost, I decided its not so good to me opinions, though I would play it if it didn't have the crazy play cost or evergy thing once I'm at the right age to play

Tvis
04-12-2012, 08:55 PM
Energy seems to be the big problem. In the Vampire District, I've seen a number of people counting down the hours until they can start a new campaign. At the rate we get energy, we won't be playing the game at all. I suggest the 25 energy be bumped up to 40 or 50, the "playable" parts cost no energy, and the energy buildup time to be shortened by a minute or two.

I don't see why STS would limit the time that players can play and enjoy the game. How can they expect people to buy plat if the game is hardly playable? The first couple of weeks will be rough in this game, but I'm sure that the rough edges and unsmooth spots will be sorted out with all deliberate speed.

Lowlyspy
04-12-2012, 09:07 PM
There is no elite cap vanity. It's essentially like the SL beta elite cap, nothing to show for it other than bragging rights.

Deathpunch
04-12-2012, 09:21 PM
Also, when people click to go to the auction guy, everyone runs towards him so there ends up being a cluster. Then it becomes hard for other people to click on the guy.

You don't need to click directly on him. Just get close enough and your attack button turns into a hand and then click that.

-----
Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

Delphina
04-12-2012, 10:14 PM
Hi Buddy,

Thanks for taking the time to write us with your feedback. Just a reminder, we have set up an official feedback thread for it that you can find in the Suggestions and Feedback forum here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/forumdisplay.php?89-DL-Suggestions-and-Feedback

Also, just as a reminder, we ask that you please keep your feedback constructive. From the forum rules: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/misc.php?do=vsarules

Thanks in advance for keeping the feedback constructive.