PDA

View Full Version : What weapon is best used on Bosses?

Elixirgod
04-12-2012, 09:49 PM
Can I have everyone's opinion, does anyone know which weapon is best used on bosses? Thanks :)

Nick41324
04-12-2012, 10:00 PM
What level are you? Str is usually best at low level (1-40). At around level 40, dex longbows are very good.

Appleisaac
04-13-2012, 05:46 AM
I think it might be bows but I might be not to sure if it could be crossbows or talons. HELP!

The weapon with the highest dps that is still dealing damage ^_^. A dagger might have high dps, but it will deal about 2-3 damage on most of the bosses under lv 40.

Livemau
04-14-2012, 11:08 AM
In most cases a dagger is best used if you arent afraid to get hit. In mount fang when I do the corner trick on the Duke dagger gives the highest dps I will make a youtube video on it.

Windwaiker
04-14-2012, 07:28 PM
You can use whatever weapon you want until higher levels. Then you'll have to use a bow for count vlod or Von gobble, unless you like instant death.

FluffNStuff
04-14-2012, 07:31 PM
Hammer time! Stun that boss into a dazed stupor!

Elixirgod
05-24-2012, 05:22 PM
Thx guys for helping! :)

Livemau
05-24-2012, 08:45 PM
Thx guys for helping! :)

Lol now hes confused we gave him like 10 different answers

Elixirgod
05-24-2012, 08:52 PM
Lol now hes confused we gave him like 10 different answers

LOL... He's Right. :)

Marinemaraudermedivac
05-28-2012, 07:37 PM
Longbow ftw

Elixirgod
05-28-2012, 07:46 PM
Thanks; also I'm a level 49 bird bu I posted this around level 40 or something but I am still open to opinions!

JaytB
05-28-2012, 08:29 PM
Thanks; also I'm a level 49 bird bu I posted this around level 40 or something but I am still open to opinions!

I don't agree with some posts here about dps. Bosses generally have high armor, and real dmg = dmg - enemy armor. So you'll need high base dmg numbers (min/max dmg), instead of high dps. Dps is simply weapon speed * average dmg (=(max dmg + min dmg)/2). So, daggers for example, usually give high dps because of the fast weapon speed, but do very little in therms of real dmg, because of their low 'base' dmg. This holds especially true for bosses, because their armor is generally very high.

Second, there's skill dmg, bows generally add waaaay more to your skill dmg than any dagger or talon. and bringing a boss down, generally again, depends much more on skill dmg as compared to weapon dmg.

So, what should you look for? Basically anything that gives you:
* high skill dmg (seen in your skill page)
* high base dmg (min/max dmg, but would come second to skill dmg)
* high crit (dmg dealt = double if you crit)

At lvl 50, highest dmg 'sets' are the expensive sentinel set or the cheap(er), but still very powerful, void set. Sentinel, would be the one with shotgun, while void would be the one with (cheap) void bow.

United
05-29-2012, 08:57 AM
if there is a good tanker.
bows + spamming breakarmor, Root, Blindshot, Cruel Blast is the best to kill bosses

StompArtist
05-29-2012, 08:58 AM
The fabled Torch of speed.

Elixirgod
05-30-2012, 06:41 AM
I don't agree with some posts here about dps. Bosses generally have high armor, and real dmg = dmg - enemy armor. So you'll need high base dmg numbers (min/max dmg), instead of high dps. Dps is simply weapon speed * average dmg (=(max dmg + min dmg)/2). So, daggers for example, usually give high dps because of the fast weapon speed, but do very little in therms of real dmg, because of their low 'base' dmg. This holds especially true for bosses, because their armor is generally very high.

Second, there's skill dmg, bows generally add waaaay more to your skill dmg than any dagger or talon. and bringing a boss down, generally again, depends much more on skill dmg as compared to weapon dmg.

So, what should you look for? Basically anything that gives you:
* high skill dmg (seen in your skill page)
* high base dmg (min/max dmg, but would come second to skill dmg)
* high crit (dmg dealt = double if you crit)

At lvl 50, highest dmg 'sets' are the expensive sentinel set or the cheap(er), but still very powerful, void set. Sentinel, would be the one with shotgun, while void would be the one with (cheap) void bow.

I wouldnt call it cheap....

Chopper
06-03-2012, 04:10 PM
In Fang, dex longbow seems to be the most effective in delivering damage

EXCEPT for Aunt Emma. I carry around the Crafted 65 Longbow for every mob and boss in Fang, except her. I also carry around a Crafted Crossbow, which i switch to to fight Emma.

Only because of Emma's area attack, which kills birds pretty much instantly. I use the corssbow so i can sit in the corner, further away, and survive with pots and heals, while still firing away. The Longbow range is too short too sit in the corner and i get killed about 5 times more with it against her.

Moogerfooger
06-03-2012, 07:17 PM
In Fang, dex longbow seems to be the most effective in delivering damage

EXCEPT for Aunt Emma. I carry around the Crafted 65 Longbow for every mob and boss in Fang, except her. I also carry around a Crafted Crossbow, which i switch to to fight Emma.

Only because of Emma's area attack, which kills birds pretty much instantly. I use the corssbow so i can sit in the corner, further away, and survive with pots and heals, while still firing away. The Longbow range is too short too sit in the corner and i get killed about 5 times more with it against her.

I will have to disagree. The Sang Longbow has a significantly higher base damage and a much faster speed than the Sang Crossbow. The ONLY advantage to the Crossbow is that it has abt a 12-13m range vs like 9m-ish for the Longbow. But you do not have to stand in the actual corner itself, with a Longbow...stand just outside the range of her brighter "inner" ring of blue faces that she kicks out (you will still get hit by some of the bigger rings of damage), but with some potting, one can easily survive with no elixir and deal MUCH more damage with a Sang Longbow. Done it a hundred times and only die if I try to cute and get too close to her.

StompArtist
06-03-2012, 08:06 PM
I will have to disagree. The Sang Longbow has a significantly higher base damage and a much faster speed than the Sang Crossbow. The ONLY advantage to the Crossbow is that it has abt a 12-13m range vs like 9m-ish for the Longbow. But you do not have to stand in the actual corner itself, with a Longbow...stand just outside the range of her brighter "inner" ring of blue faces that she kicks out (you will still get hit by some of the bigger rings of damage), but with some potting, one can easily survive with no elixir and deal MUCH more damage with a Sang Longbow. Done it a hundred times and only die if I try to cute and get too close to her.

If it isn't Moog! Long time no see! Cheers!

Windwaiker
06-03-2012, 09:22 PM
Hiding in the corner fighting Aunt Emma doesn't do anything. I still get as much damage when i run along the wall and shoot with a longbow. Longbows are probably the best bet for all bosses. The only boss where a crossbow may be preferred is Count Vlod for kiting.

Chopper
06-03-2012, 10:33 PM
Hiding in the corner fighting Aunt Emma doesn't do anything. I still get as much damage when i run along the wall and shoot with a longbow. Longbows are probably the best bet for all bosses. The only boss where a crossbow may be preferred is Count Vlod for kiting.

Weird, because with the long bow at maximum range, i get killed much more, using about 20 health pots to beat emma. With the crossbow in th corner, i can defeat her using only about 4 or 5 pots. Much less damage in my experience, which is why i spent the money for the crafted crossbow

Moogerfooger
06-04-2012, 12:08 AM
You may be dying less and using less pots, but you're also doing less damage :)

Just depends if your priority is damage-dealing or pots, which are cheap. Perhaps you are standing a touch too close to her while trying the Longbow.

Moogerfooger
06-04-2012, 12:11 AM
If it isn't Moog! Long time no see! Cheers!

Cheers :) you might see some scalawags named Physiologic and Moog around a bit in game. No Yanis sadly, but 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

Chopper
06-04-2012, 11:30 AM
You may be dying less and using less pots, but you're also doing less damage :)

Just depends if your priority is damage-dealing or pots, which are cheap. Perhaps you are standing a touch too close to her while trying the Longbow.

i thought so at first too, but i AUTO out of range, and the computer takes me into the maximum rnage automatically. It gets me killed and the mages have to spend their time reviving me. I can do a lot more damage with the crossbow staying on my feet than lying dead most of the time with my longbow. Its much better for the party if i can stand there and keep doing damage and not need revs or be out of the action due to premature death! LOL

JaytB
06-04-2012, 11:51 AM
i thought so at first too, but i AUTO out of range, and the computer takes me into the maximum rnage automatically. It gets me killed and the mages have to spend their time reviving me. I can do a lot more damage with the crossbow staying on my feet than lying dead most of the time with my longbow. Its much better for the party if i can stand there and keep doing damage and not need revs or be out of the action due to premature death! LOL

If you only use auto-attack, you're not doing much in therms of damage, and so not helping your party much either. I play bird there all the time (with long bow), I rarely, if ever, die there and still land all my spells on Emma.

No offense but, personally, I think it's more a lack of knowledge on how to defeat Emma with a bird. Basically, you can just stand against the wall on the right side of the entrance (the short wall). This still allows you to land your shots and root. You only need to move closer for your short range spells. Or, you could even stand close to Emma to land all your spells (that's what I do usually), you'll just need to back up against the wall as soon as you see Emma leaning backward while spreading her arms. That's when she does that nasty attack. During the whole fight you'll need to spam health pots between every few skills.

If you want to see it for yourself, feel free to add IKungFuBird or send me a PM :)

Windwaiker
06-04-2012, 03:12 PM
Weird, because with the long bow at maximum range, i get killed much more, using about 20 health pots to beat emma. With the crossbow in th corner, i can defeat her using only about 4 or 5 pots. Much less damage in my experience, which is why i spent the money for the crafted crossbow
Then again, I'm always moving in so I can hit with my roots and avian scream

Edit: when I use a longbow, I feel I take less damage while running around than sitting still against a wall.

Chopper
06-04-2012, 08:01 PM
If you only use auto-attack, you're not doing much in therms of damage, and so not helping your party much either. I play bird there all the time (with long bow), I rarely, if ever, die there and still land all my spells on Emma.

No offense but, personally, I think it's more a lack of knowledge on how to defeat Emma with a bird. Basically, you can just stand against the wall on the right side of the entrance (the short wall). This still allows you to land your shots and root. You only need to move closer for your short range spells. Or, you could even stand close to Emma to land all your spells (that's what I do usually), you'll just need to back up against the wall as soon as you see Emma leaning backward while spreading her arms. That's when she does that nasty attack. During the whole fight you'll need to spam health pots between every few skills.

If you want to see it for yourself, feel free to add IKungFuBird or send me a PM :)

cool, thanks for the tip. I will add (EdtheEagle)

and ill try moving more too.

Elixirgod
06-06-2012, 07:15 PM
Thanks guys! longbow... need to try to use...