PDA

View Full Version : Will there be an Ambassador or Guardian type system for DL???

Zojak
04-13-2012, 05:17 PM
Title says it all, Dev feeback would be nice <3

Elyseon
04-13-2012, 05:39 PM
I hope they dont add guardians

ninjaduck
04-13-2012, 05:41 PM
The point of a guardian is to help others. The large mqjority of are still learning, so a helper system would be rediiculous.

Lowlyspy
04-13-2012, 05:54 PM
The point of a Ambassador is to help others. The large mqjority of are still learning, so a helper system would be rediiculous.
Fixed that for ya.

Zojak
04-13-2012, 05:59 PM
Fixed that for ya.

nice fix there lowly =]

Shaocalur
04-13-2012, 06:32 PM
They most likely would be called, Ambassadors of Carvina. And it's a bit early in the game to be asking about ambassadors. SL just announced their ambassadors and it's almost a year old.

Cascade
04-13-2012, 06:34 PM
I asked Airrie about this and she said there definitely would be ambassadors for DL.

Elyseon
04-14-2012, 12:58 AM
Guardians are simply thx for, imo the original, forumers for their great contributions

Since the DL community largely consists of ppl already on forums, their is no point to add more

ninjaduck
04-14-2012, 04:08 AM
I asked Airrie about this and he said there definitely would be ambassadors for DL.

Fixed that for ya

nazgulking
04-14-2012, 04:13 AM
Guardians/Ambassadors are not needed since people would struggle just to get the title and not for helping others.
I would like the ambassadors/guardians to be stripped completely from the legends games altogheter.

ZHEOTARE
04-14-2012, 05:14 AM
I really hope not. That program is past its time. The first day I'm on DL, and one of the AOA is on there cursing up a storm. All I could think was "Way to represent STS". I knoe someone else who started being helpful and polite. I asked him why, and he said "I just want that shield".

That is where those programs are, a status symbol instead of what they were truly implemented for. TBH, most new players don't know anything about the program and therefore, don't really care about it.

I came into STS games when Physio, Elly, and most of the original GOAs were still active. Looking back, they are still head and shoulders above anyone I see on here now. Their guides actually had substances, and truely helped people understand this game. Not "A guide on selling items", "A guide on how to look cool", or "A guide on how to make a guide". When things get to that point, it's time to let the program die out.

Skeletonlord
04-14-2012, 07:09 AM
I have always loved the idea of having ambassadors and guardians for the games. It adds more encouragement for people to keep at what they are doing.

I'm very sure Airrie will implement a ambassadors of dark legends or something similar. The system was implemented for both Pocket and Star legends, I doubt if they would just stop the system entirely.

Darkfader
04-14-2012, 08:10 AM
Guardians of sanctuary. ;)
might be added but hope sts choose wisely.

WoundedEagle
04-14-2012, 11:05 AM
To be honest, I think that a lot of people who think Ambassadors or Guardians are a bad thing, are over thinking what they stand for. The Guardianship is a reward. 'Guardians are definitely the reason the game down hill!' I hate hearing this, because it's a lowsy excuse! The games, forums, and everything are perfectly fine. In fact, I think the idea of a rewards system was ingenious. It has pushed a lot of people to strive and help for the community. Ambassadors are there to help. Do others really want to join for a hat? For quick access to Devs? I honestly don't see why people get this way about Guardians and Ambassadors. If you notice, those Guardians who say they don't agree with the program, could easily PM a dev, and say 'Id like to be removed from the Guardians of Alterra/Blackstar program.' it's honestly that simple. But they don't. Because there is nothing wrong with the program and there never has been anything wrong with the program....

Sorry, just needed to say this.

octavos
04-14-2012, 11:08 AM
To be honest, I think that a lot of people who think Ambassadors or Guardians are a bad thing, are over thinking what they stand for. The Guardianship is a reward. 'Guardians are definitely the reason the game down hill!' I hate hearing this, because it's a lowsy excuse! The games, forums, and everything are perfectly fine. In fact, I think the idea of a rewards system was ingenious. It has pushed a lot of people to strive and help for the community. Ambassadors are there to help. Do others really want to join for a hat? For quick access to Devs? I honestly don't see why people get this way about Guardians and Ambassadors. If you notice, those Guardians who say they don't agree with the program, could easily PM a dev, and say 'Id like to be removed from the Guardians of Alterra/Blackstar program.' it's honestly that simple. But they don't. Because there is nothing wrong with the program and there never has been anything wrong with the program....

geez, if my writing was better i would have written this..but since you did it.....amen brotha :p

RedRyder
04-14-2012, 11:13 AM
Someone brought this up already lol.

Swampy
04-14-2012, 11:14 AM
I just don't get why we would get rid of the AoA. Its a group of people who VOLUNTEER to help new comers!!!!! For gods sake,they're not making millions off of it!

Shaocalur
04-14-2012, 11:18 AM

+1, Don't be sorry. Everyone here is entitled to their own opinion.

Elyseon
04-14-2012, 02:05 PM
I really hope not. That program is past its time. The first day I'm on DL, and one of the AOA is on there cursing up a storm. All I could think was "Way to represent STS". I knoe someone else who started being helpful and polite. I asked him why, and he said "I just want that shield".

That is where those programs are, a status symbol instead of what they were truly implemented for. TBH, most new players don't know anything about the program and therefore, don't really care about it.

I came into STS games when Physio, Elly, and most of the original GOAs were still active. Looking back, they are still head and shoulders above anyone I see on here now. Their guides actually had substances, and truely helped people understand this game. Not "A guide on selling items", "A guide on how to look cool", or "A guide on how to make a guide". When things get to that point, it's time to let the program die out.

AMEN! + 8 (rotate the '8' 90 degrees)

Although i expect there to be an ambassoador system for DL, its simply to help ppl imo, its not 'oh ur an AoA ur better than normal players' ambassadors are just kind players that have teamed up with the devs no different than normal players

Guardians-- what are they? They are the early contributors to the game and forums. No they are not the reason for the forums decline, ppl trying to reach guardian status is that reason. Its not something u try for devs just one day thought of it for those helpful forumers who had no sneaky motives behind their guides. I remember when i had just joined the forums. I saw someones farewell post as they were quitting the forums and the complained that in wave after wave of guardian they knew each time they were the best choice but were not chosen. At the time i dont even think i knew what a guardian was, but looking back i see a big peice of todays comunity. Its not that im against guardians, i just think the best have already been chosen

Mothwing
04-14-2012, 02:18 PM
Guardians/Ambassadors are not needed since people would struggle just to get the title and not for helping others.
I would like the ambassadors/guardians to be stripped completely from the legends games altogheter.

^^ This says it all. I really hope they don't add it. Take a look at the two existing threads for guardians. Filled with applications and people asking for the shield. Way too much drama over an item. The whole purpose was to reward helpful players. It's turned into some celebrity game show. The games would be fine without these programs imo.