PDA

View Full Version : Random quest rewards, if you can call them that.

Cjon
04-14-2012, 01:05 AM
One thing that always upsets me, is the rewards you get for non combat missions. My three main complaints are as follows.

1) +25 gold. Really? What is 25 gold compared to a cost of 100000g? And this can have the same probability of +3 energy. +3 energy can get you +10 exp, and multiple hundred gold, in addition to a chance at getting another +energy. How in any sense could this reward possibly be considered equal in any way. At all. Ever. Please take this out, it is so unbelievably worthless. I can not express how completely awful this reward is.

2) Potion/Elixirs/Whatever they are. Not going to lie, the elixirs are borderline worthless. Between the extremely low duration, and the fact that the timer goes down when you're not in a 3D mission, you barely get any use out of them. And even when you do use them, they still really aren't that big of a deal. The missions are easy enough and short enough that you should never really have a use for an elixir. The only reason I want them is for achievements, other than that, I hate it when I get that instead of a real reward. I would much rather have +exp or +energy, they are infinitely more valuable then some lame elixir.

3) Continuing from my second problem, the missions with the unreasonably long quest timers only give potions as rewards. The Missions that should have the best reward, actually have the worst reward possible (worse than +25g). How can making a 2 min mission easier (if you were lucky enough to actually have energy to spend), better than something that directly results in more exp (+exp, +energy).

Basically. Just take potions out of the game, unless there's one that gives you 50% faster energy regen for 10-15min. Other than that, potions are worthless.