PDA

View Full Version : Player vs Player, what levels can play with each other, now?!

Zapoke
04-14-2012, 02:26 PM
Okay. As a seasoned twinker.. Obviously I know that STS has generally done 5 levels +/- the level of the host can join a game. So I figured that's what it would be in DL, too. This question is more for Devs than other players..
So, yesterday I was playing PvP with my character, Hades, and just as the game started, a level three joined the game. Now, I was level 11, so I didn't think much about it. But a few minutes later, a level 15 joined our team. And now I'm confused. Was this a glitch in the system or something? Or is PvP all levels playin together? :/

Late
04-14-2012, 02:36 PM
once i was 14 and i played with a bunch of 3s and 5s and i obviously wrecked

Elysony
04-14-2012, 04:52 PM
Elyseon ( Level 21 ) Was fighting 3's 5's and a couple 10+s it's any level i'm 100% sure of this statement.

yokoman
04-14-2012, 06:54 PM
Elyseon ( Level 21 ) Was fighting 3's 5's and a couple 10+s it's any level i'm 100% sure of this statement.

lol then this is really unbalanced

Zapoke
04-14-2012, 10:52 PM

Well that's no good..

Cjon
04-15-2012, 12:42 AM
Its hard to believe they let something like this go throw to release. I'm guessing that they wanted to keep queue times down, but playing in a game with a lvl 17 2-shotting lvl 3s is not fun. Probably the reason why so many people leave.

Swede
04-16-2012, 09:47 AM
We didn't intend that, will look in to it. Thanks guys!

iAmPain
04-16-2012, 08:38 PM
hmm. so this is why high levelled players get so high kills that fast o_o

Otukura
04-16-2012, 08:41 PM
It feels like it's better... played a few games where its all 15+.

Another had a 5(I'm 15), and I'm wondering if it's now + or - 5.

Range
04-17-2012, 02:04 PM
Hope it will be like pl & sl. Only 5 lvl's higher or lower then the creator of map.
Well don't think we can creat maps they are kinda like hidden passage on pl. Like u join a existing game right?

Swede
04-18-2012, 05:55 PM
So it turns out that I misunderstood the system a little bit. It's based on the level of the first player that enters the map and then anyone that's 5 levels below or above that player can join. That's feels a bit loose to me, so I'm going to change it to only allow players 3 levels lower or higher than the first player to enter. That way at least the lowest a level 20 player will get to play with is 14, not 10.

Ripper McGee
04-18-2012, 06:01 PM
That still seems way too broad a range.

Otukura
04-18-2012, 06:14 PM
That still seems way too broad a range.

This, in DL levels seem to give much more of an advantage than in PL/SL.

Growwle
04-18-2012, 06:29 PM
So it turns out that I misunderstood the system a little bit. It's based on the level of the first player that enters the map and then anyone that's 5 levels below or above that player can join. That's feels a bit loose to me, so I'm going to change it to only allow players 3 levels lower or higher than the first player to enter. That way at least the lowest a level 20 player will get to play with is 14, not 10.

Three levels sounds good, do less and we will be waiting ages to get three people on each side.

Zapoke
04-18-2012, 08:15 PM

I'm happy to hear that. :)

Aneheazatek
04-18-2012, 08:20 PM
it's kinda quiet for the arena that i go into as i am 21. like a dead town..

Blaquehaaart
04-18-2012, 10:57 PM
I've never actually seen a lvl 21 in CTF. Do they play in their own instance or something?

Aneheazatek
04-19-2012, 02:18 AM
i just played a few games. lowest lv in the game is like lv 17.

Range
04-19-2012, 09:35 AM

When will this take place? Last night I started a game (im lvl 14) and a lvl 20 and 6 joined my teamed.

I don't mint the big lvl gap at all cuz i do vey well vs most.

P.S. to the players, if sts makes the lvl cap to small the will be a lot longer wait times for games to start. True story ;)

Hullukko
04-20-2012, 01:31 PM
There's something else also wrong in there. I'm far too often unable to join the same match again when switching teams. With too often I'm implying that I don't believe that the fight I was in suddenly got full while I did the rejoin routine.

It's relatively obnoxious because far too many lamers join the team with more players already in it. Couldn't that be disallowed? I cannot picture a situation where a 3 vs 4 fight needed to be made a 5 vs 3. And in most circumstances I've seen it takes less than a minute and it's 5 vs 2 or worse.

While at it, how about a "switch side" button or capability? So that we can balance the teams out ourselves. It's quite cumbersome now to first go to the sanctuary and then run to pvp arena and hope to make it back. And far to often I end up in a new instance, and only when lucky another match with players in it.

Zerious
04-20-2012, 05:36 PM
There's something else also wrong in there. I'm far too often unable to join the same match again when switching teams. With too often I'm implying that I don't believe that the fight I was in suddenly got full while I did the rejoin routine.

It's relatively obnoxious because far too many lamers join the team with more players already in it. Couldn't that be disallowed? I cannot picture a situation where a 3 vs 4 fight needed to be made a 5 vs 3. And in most circumstances I've seen it takes less than a minute and it's 5 vs 2 or worse.

While at it, how about a "switch side" button or capability? So that we can balance the teams out ourselves. It's quite cumbersome now to first go to the sanctuary and then run to pvp arena and hope to make it back. And far to often I end up in a new instance, and only when lucky another match with players in it.

had a problem with this earlier today...

don't get me wrong i still wrecked them 3v1 while my teammates were flagging and 2v2ing, but that's not the point, unnecessary 3v5 much?

Blaquehaaart
04-20-2012, 11:15 PM
Yeah, a switch team button would be great before a fight, but only if it allows to switch from the team with the higher number to the lower, and not the other way around.

I usually join the team with less players to even it out.

imaddictedtoPL
04-20-2012, 11:18 PM
Maybe when its out for apple youll be seeing more :)