PDA

View Full Version : Possible in game recording?

jcs12345
04-14-2012, 02:48 PM
I want to do a lets play for Dark Legends. But I do not want to root my tablet. How about a clip recorder inside of the Dark Legends app? Tell me what you think of this idea.

Deathpunch
04-14-2012, 03:20 PM
Nah, its a feature that not many would use and only serve to increase the file size. No thank you.

-----
Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

Ardon
04-14-2012, 03:26 PM
Im pretty sure that would need root access for most phones.

Sent from my CM9 powered Droid X

Skeletonlord
04-14-2012, 03:27 PM
Nah, its a feature that not many would use and only serve to increase the file size. No thank you.

-----
Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

It could be a thing that you only agree to download if you want to. If you want my personal opinion, I love the idea. It would be awesome if you could play Pocket, Star, or Dark Legends and have a recording app built in. Amazing idea!

Deathpunch
04-14-2012, 03:30 PM
It could be a thing that you only agree to download if you want to. If you want my personal opinion, I love the idea. It would be awesome if you could play Pocket, Star, or Dark Legends and have a recording app built in. Amazing idea!

Like Ardon said, it would still more than likely require root access to work and there is that option already out there. With that said, there may be a way to do it via the sdk.

-----
Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

Ardon
04-14-2012, 03:34 PM
Yeah you can just give them a break and root your phone and buy a onscreen video recorder.

Skeletonlord
04-14-2012, 03:42 PM
Guys, is this possible?

You know on iOS devices, the "camera" app, when you are running Pocket Legends, can you press film and film you playing Pocket Legends?

Mothwing
04-14-2012, 03:49 PM
Guys, is this possible?

You know on iOS devices, the "camera" app, when you are running Pocket Legends, can you press film and film you playing Pocket Legends?

Probably not...it's only for recording with the camera.

Deathpunch
04-14-2012, 04:01 PM
Guys, is this possible?

Be that as it may, I don't believe the op is talking iOS. I would assume Android as he referred to his device as a tablet and not an iPad and talked of rooting and not jailbreaking. There is no easy way to record video of your display on Android without root access. So, to answer your question, no, I don't believe it's possible without root.

-----
Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

jcs12345
04-14-2012, 05:19 PM
How about for high end devices?

Ardon
04-14-2012, 05:25 PM
How about for high end devices?

Probably still need root access.

Rawrimafish
04-14-2012, 06:31 PM
Guys, is this possible?

dont work...tried

You can play google chrome and have something that records like for youtube try that see if works

jcs12345
04-16-2012, 03:26 PM
Why does it need root?

Darkfader
04-16-2012, 03:36 PM
To save developers time and yours, it's way easier on computer so you should use google chrome version and record videos there. Also from there you would get lag free and better quality videos. :)

Skeletonlord
04-16-2012, 03:42 PM
I know that this is off topic, but hidden amongst all the google chrome apps in the chrome store might be a recorder. I would love to start uploading videos, would be pretty fun!

Darkfader
04-16-2012, 03:43 PM
I know that this is off topic, but hidden amongst all the google chrome apps in the chrome store might be a recorder. I would love to start uploading videos, would be pretty fun!

Instead of chrome app I would prefer use third party program as example fraps.

OvigorothO
04-16-2012, 03:44 PM

correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't this mean separate servers for those who wanted an on-screen recorder and those who didn't?

Skeletonlord
04-16-2012, 03:47 PM
Fraps? So with Fraps you download it and you can film using it? Still, might be a good idea to have a look in the chrome web store, might find something useful :)

Darkfader
04-16-2012, 03:49 PM
Fraps? So with Fraps you download it and you can film using it? Still, might be a good idea to have a look in the chrome web store, might find something useful :)

http://www.fraps.com/

From google you find many tutorials for usage and same from YouTube.

Bebsi
04-16-2012, 11:51 PM
Just like some said already. Your device needs to be rooted.
Type 'screen recorder' in Android market and a few will pop up.

As far as I can remember, one of the guardians or ambassadors used it to make a vid of their party event.

Deathpunch
04-17-2012, 09:35 AM
Sts had a contest shortly after star legends released for making videos for new people to explain the game. Check the SL contest area, it may be there and have info on how to set up your PC/Mac to record video of your game play. I know it isn't difficult because Ebalere managed to make one, and that dude... well... I'll be nice. :D

-----
Sent from my MIUI HTC Evo 3D