PDA

View Full Version : A New Way To Enhance Your PvP Reckoning Room Experience!

Baus
04-14-2012, 07:10 PM
KING OF THE ZONE

PvP is such an awesome feature to the awesome MMO STAR LEGENDS! We are always inventing new ways of utilizing the Reckoning Room, from FFA to 1v1 Fighting, besides the other rooms Smash and Grab, as well as the Conflict Resolution Room.

ONCE UPON A TIME, Me(Baus), Toamatt, Ozuyora, and Ucascabe were casually playing PvP in the Reckoning Room when Toamatt was gifted with a vision of supernatural proportions; a new way to utilize the Reckoning Room beyond Free For All, One versus One, and others. Instead of pondering the thought, Toamatt, Ozuyora, Ucascabe and I immediately tested this new game, and had a lot of fun doing so. SO TODAY WE GIVE YOU THE OPPORTUNITY TO SHARE IN THE AWESOMENESS THAT IS KING OF THE ZONE.

The rules of this game are quite simple.
BUT FIRST, LETS EXAMINE THE PLAYING FIELD, SHALL WE?

Please, the point of this picture is not to look at me, or what my skill mapping is. Im just too lazy to crop it out, but it makes no difference because I suck at PvP anyway :p
Notice the center of the Reckoning of the Room. That is known as the ZONE. There are dark lines that run across the gigantic pillars strategically placed in the Room. Those define the boundaries of the ZONE, such as the one directly behind my character.
Now, the PURPOSE OF THE GAME: The team with 10 kills wins. (Duh, the game is done once a team has 10 kills, but I just want to make sure)
Now, if you haven't taken the hint already, the ZONE in KING OF THE ZONE has been explained. Where does the KING come from, you ask? Well calm yourself, the wait is over (because everyone wants to be KING right? KING --- always has a nice ring to it, don't ya think?)
NOT ONLY IS "KING" EXPLAINED, BUT HERE IS THE LIST OF RULES!!!

1. One team will begin inside the ZONE (of awesomeness) while the opposing side must wait at one of the portals, which are outside the ZONE. The title KING is given to the starting team that starts in the ZONE. Do not fret about who starts as KING, it probably won't last for long.

The title "KING" is awarded to those who dominate or control the ZONE, just to clarify.

2. The game is initiated much like any other, at a point in time where both teams are in agreement about the time when BATTLE MAY COMMENCE! We suggest the countdown, by counting from 3-1. That way, both teams have a short period to get ready, prep their senses for game, but most importantly, BUILD SUSPENSE! But actually (:p) its so that both teams are ready at the same time. If you like to yell out randomly, GO, then that's your choice.

NOTE: RULES 1 and 2 ARE EFFECTIVE FOR ONLY THE BEGINNING OF THE MATCH.

NOW THAT THE MOMENT OF TRUTH HAS ARRIVED, you are probably wondering what the difference is between FFA and this glorified version of FFA. In fact, you need to calm yourself, because I'm still getting to the point about the KING of the ZONE.

3. The KING(S) of the ZONE are not allowed to leave the ZONE, and are not permitted to attack the opposing team without the attacking team entering the ZONE first. Likewise, the attacking team may not attack the KINGS without entering the ZONE. AT NO POINT IN THE GAME ARE THESE RULES REVOKED. Once members of the attacking team enter, the KINGS are allowed to retaliate against the attacking team, and defend the ZONE. If a member of the attacking team leaves the ZONE, that player is required to re-enter the ZONE.

NOTE: BUFFING YOURSELF DOES COUNT AS AN ATTACK. EVEN THOUGH IT DOESN'T EXACTLY HURT THE OTHER TEAM, IT MAKES YOU BETTER AT KILLING, WHICH IS EXACTLY WHAT ATTACK SKILLS DO.

THE REIGN OF KINGS AND QUEENS ALWAYS ENDS WITH AN EPIC BATTLE (but I can't really think of one off the top of my head, I'm sure its happened). SHIFT HAPPENS, AND AT ONE POINT THERE MUST BE NEW RULERS. and of course, everyone wants to be KING, but we already went over why ;)

4. At anytime, when the all of the KINGS are placed out of the ZONE, either dead, or pushed out, the attacking team begins their REIGN AS KINGS. Thus the roles are reversed.

RULE 4 MAY NEVER COME INTO EFFECT IF THE KINGS ARE JUST TOO BAUS FOR THE OTHER TEAM TO GAIN CONTROL OF THE ZONE. IF A SHIFT IN POWER DOES OCCUR, THEN:

RULE 3 IS IN EFFECT FOR THE NEW KINGS.
THE NEW ATTACKING TEAM MUST DISPLACE THE NEW KINGS AND REGAIN THE ZONE.

This may happen a bunch of times before a team actually becomes the victor by reaching 10 kills.

Sure, its possible that the KINGS may not win; that the current attacking team achieves 10 kills first. Certainly more difficult, but it is very much possible. In which case, BEING KING DOES NOT MEAN VICTORY. But it does help, considering that defending is easier then attacking. Also, being King means that you most likely made more kills than deaths as the attacking team to become KING, otherwise you probably got lucky :D.

We suggest for fair play that the teams be evenly distributed with operatives, commandos, and engineers as closely as possible because certain classes have clear advantage here. But that's up to you to find out, and how you play your strategy. YES, I KNOW ITS A VIDEO GAME WITH NEARLY MINDLESS VIOLENCE (don't take it the wrong way, I love this game :D), BUT YOU NEED THAT SMALL PART OF THE BRAIN THAT WE USE EVERYDAY TO ACTUALLY DEVELOP A STRATEGY FOR THIS, MUCH LIKE REGULAR PvP.

ALSO, we use the term KING loosely; just wanted to mention that because we don't want to sound sexist, but if you didn't catch on yet, its a play on words of the tennis game KING OF THE COURT. So don't worry, females who play don't have to be KING ----, they can be Queen :D

This game is still kind of new. If anyone has any feedback, FAQs, ANYTHING, you know where to post! We are open to suggestions, and some things that I might have missed. Ill check the thread frequently to make any updates that arise.

ITS A GAME, SO HAVE FUN!!!!!

Hellcurse
04-22-2012, 10:36 PM
so confusing

javier995
04-22-2012, 10:55 PM
Lol!

Let the games begin (:

PianoWizzy
04-23-2012, 07:55 AM
That.... is brilliant. AWESOME JOB, props to Toamatt I guess :)

I wanna play this. :D

stophatin
04-25-2012, 05:19 PM
Woohooo go baus! And tomato of course! Woooooooooooh love it

iAmPain
04-27-2012, 09:30 PM
whoop. when i first read the rules i was like 0.0 (hey i know this game!) (then -_-..) if i can recall this is a famous game in highschool!

PianoWizzy
04-28-2012, 07:33 AM
whoop. when i first read the rules i was like 0.0 (hey i know this game!) (then -_-..) if i can recall this is a famous game in highschool!

Really? I didn't go to public highschool, I wouldn't know...... X)