PDA

View Full Version : The Consignment Shoppe- The Ultimate Guide

Skeletonlord
04-15-2012, 02:17 PM
Hey guys,

Today I will be telling you about the Consignment Shoppe in Pocket Legends. The Consignment Shoppe is for you merchants out there. The Consignment Shoppe (CS for short) is a place where you can buy and sell your items. Today's guide will feature: How to buy and sell your items, trading, and a couple of pictures (Coming soon!)

Where is this "Consignment Shoppe" located? How do I access the CS? What do I have to do? All these questions will be answered in this guide as I like to call it.

I mentioned a term earlier "Merchanting". But what is a merchant? A merchant is normally an alt (alternate character) who buys and sells in order to earn profit. The character doesn't level up much, and usually stops levelling at level 10. This all comes down into being a successful businessman. The role of a merchant is to roam the lands of Alterra getting as much profit as you can.

Buying/Selling is extremely important in the expansive world of Alterra. Gold can be made from selling items. Buying and selling plays a huge role in Alterra. All characters need to make gold, so why not use the Consignment Shoppe in order to do so?

Chapter 1: How does the Consignment Shoppe work?

The consignment Shoppe(Cs) is a huge market that can be found in the "Fort Blackstone", a shopping marvel in Alterra. It is home to the Bale fort Sewers, Wyldwood and most importantly, the Consignment Shoppe. It is a place in which you can trade(coming in a later chapter), buy and sell your items for a profit. In this guide, I will show you the necessary parts of the Cs. There are three businessman called "Artie" that stand on treasure chests in the main hall of the town. If you go into the castle, straight ahead of spawn, follow the path, and turn at your first left, you enter the main hall. The Main Hall is where people hang out as I like to call it. If you interact with any of the "Arties", you have got the choice of two options, "Buy/Sell" and "Buy auction slots".

Chapter 2: Buying in Alterra?

This chapter will explain to you how to buy items. If you glance at the top of your screen, you will see different categories (Helmets, Weapons, Armour and Shields). If you click on one of these, then the "Search" button below it, you will get a list of all the items that people have sold. If you highlight an item, a icon called "Purchase item" will appear. According to how much gold you have, if you have the required amount, when you go to purchase the item, it will allow you to buy the item. Your funds will decrease depending on the price of the item. The item will appear in that category in your inventory.

Chapter 3: Selling in Alterra?

This chapter will explain to you how to sell items. Hopefully you should have the general idea of how to buy items (Read above for more infomation). You may of noticed two tabs at the top of your screen. "Buy" and "Sell". If you press on "Sell", it will take you to another screen. It will bring up your inventory. To sell an item, all you need to do is highlight said item in your inventory, and you will need to choose
how long to list the item, and the amount you would like to sell it for. Once you have filled in the fields, hit "Sell item". You will get a notification to say that it has been placed in the CS. For example
"_____item___________ has been listed for ______how much gold________".

Chapter 4: Trading?

Trading works in a similar way to the CS, but you do it directly, not through the market.

When you click on a persons profile, you have the option to trade with them. By pressing "Trade", they will get an invite to trade with you. If they accept, the trade window will show up. You will have "Your offer" and "_____'s offer". You get 4 slots each, and you go through your inventory, highlight the item then "add". One of your four slots will highlight. The other person can add gold and potions. When you have put the item you want to sell, and they have put the right amount of gold, you click the tick box below your choices. They do the same. You then need to confirm your choices, and hit "yes".

That is my guide so far! Please show your appreciation! Add your comments! Pictures coming soon! *I know it isnt perfect but when there is pictures and I have updated it it will be better*

Lowlyspy
04-15-2012, 02:19 PM
Wow....

dudetus
04-15-2012, 02:19 PM
meh.

Skeletonlord
04-15-2012, 02:22 PM
Wow....

You seem shocked. What is wrong with it? By the way this is aimed at new players, not people like you.

@Dudetus I dont think you even read the post. Give it a chance. "Meh". How can I improve anything if "meh" is all you can say.

Lowlyspy
04-15-2012, 02:25 PM
No, not shocked at all actually.

Skeletonlord
04-15-2012, 02:28 PM
No, not shocked at all actually.

What do you think of it? I need your opinions guys. If you Dont like it what can make it better? "Wow" means that you dont really like it. Please elaborate!

This guide took me 40-45 mins to write, please I need some support :)

Willwacku
04-15-2012, 03:48 PM
Wow.

Silentarrow
04-15-2012, 03:52 PM
What do you think of it? I need your opinions guys. If you Dont like it what can make it better? "Wow" means that you dont really like it. Please elaborate!

This guide took me 40-45 mins to write, please I need some support :)

It seems as though you are pointing out the obvious

dudetus
04-15-2012, 04:09 PM
@Dudetus I dont think you even read the post. Give it a chance. "Meh". How can I improve anything if "meh" is all you can say.

Don't mean to offend because u have used a lot of time to do this guide but yep, this is kinda obvious thing actually.

I think the problem is not how to use the CS because it is rly simple, but to know that there actually is a CS. I haven't seen more simple "auctions" than there is in PL in any MMORPG which I have played and trust me, that's a lot being said.

Edit: On a side note... It takes me about 2 to 3 hours to make a "How to look" - guide.

Swimmingstar
04-15-2012, 05:06 PM
You should put in an example search.

WoundedEagle
04-15-2012, 06:03 PM
Skeleton, haters gonna hate. They aren't providing much constrictive criticism, which is why they aren't a great audience.

Here are my suggestions:

-Add some screenies. If you can't, I can make some.
-Bold and Italicize key points
-Elaborate a bit more. For example: Directions, picture of the map., possibly a video?

To be honest, CS isn't obvious. Up until about level 46, I never used cs. I was a spammer trying to sell items because I was convinced CS was too hard or annoying to operate if you catch my drift.

Other than that, great guide bro. Keep it up, and let the flames feed themselves so they can realize that it was a bit rude...

Elyseon
04-15-2012, 06:42 PM
Wow....
Actually this is PL, not WoW

Wow.
Same applies to u

Elysony
04-15-2012, 06:45 PM
Actually this is PL, not WoW

Same applies to u
Hehe.

Lowlyspy
04-15-2012, 06:55 PM
Skeleton, haters gonna hate. They aren't providing much constrictive criticism, which is why they aren't a great audience.

Here are my suggestions:

-Elaborate a bit more. For example: Directions, picture of the map., possibly a video?

To be honest, CS isn't obvious. Up until about level 46, I never used cs. I was a spammer trying to sell items because I was convinced CS was too hard or annoying to operate if you catch my drift.

Other than that, great guide bro. Keep it up, and let the flames feed themselves so they can realize that it was a bit rude...
I view it less as hating and more as giving up on trying to provide constructive criticism when it doesn't do an ounce of good. I have tried to be constructive with these guides before and all that happens is an "ok!" and the guide is repeated with different subject matter but the same overall delivery again and again.

My issue with this is that there are VERY few brand new players that don't know where the cs is, let alone how to use it, on this forum. Not only that but even if a player didn't know how to use the CS it really is not hard to learn how to use it, took me about 10 minutes to figure it out. There are some things in this game that just really don't need a guide to learn how to use, the CS is one of them.

Pardon me for not being nice and cheery about everything but I have tried that (so have numerous others) and nothing productive came from it.

WoundedEagle
04-15-2012, 07:40 PM
I view it less as hating and more as giving up on trying to provide constructive criticism when it doesn't do an ounce of good. I have tried to be constructive with these guides before and all that happens is an "ok!" and the guide is repeated with different subject matter but the same overall delivery again and again.

My issue with this is that there are VERY few brand new players that don't know where the cs is, let alone how to use it, on this forum. Not only that but even if a player didn't know how to use the CS it really is not hard to learn how to use it, took me about 10 minutes to figure it out. There are some things in this game that just really don't need a guide to learn how to use, the CS is one of them.

Pardon me for not being nice and cheery about everything but I have tried that (so have numerous others) and nothing productive came from it.

Have you not seen improvement in his guides? You can't tell me you haven't. And so what if his guide isn't very good (in your eyes) it won't harm anyone? Will it? If it took you 10 minutes, this will save someone else time, because it took me 2 minutes to read. And you must admit you didn't state any constructive criticism. Will it hurt to repeat yourself? And if you don't feel lie repeating yourself, why not PM him your suggestions professionally. And if that might not work for you either, why not block or just ignore his threads?

On the other hand, sorry for ruining your thread with flames Skeleton. Someone will see the posts and delete the eventually...

XghostzX
04-15-2012, 07:49 PM
Hey skeleton. basically listen to Wounded, that's probably the best feedback you can get. Maybe add this to 'New players' other than general discussion or possibly in the 'Guides' section. Don't let the haters hate, i also think that PL guides have been gradually more detailed. People expect high quality, colorful guides. Keep adding on :) It's a great start for newer players!

NECROREAPER
04-15-2012, 08:26 PM
"everyone gets a trophy"

Otukura
04-15-2012, 08:27 PM
PM him your suggestions professionally.

Re-read that thread in the AoA forum.

WoundedEagle
04-15-2012, 08:34 PM
Re-read that thread in the AoA forum.

What thread? PM me?...

Otukura
04-15-2012, 08:36 PM
What thread? PM me?...

done.

Appleisaac
04-15-2012, 08:39 PM
If it took you 10 minutes,

Actually, it took me 12 minutes to read skel's post ^_^ ;)

C'mon guys, :( Lowly and Wounded, you guys shouldn't be fighting over something this stupid. Yes, this guide seems a bit useless because most players will learn how to use cs before they find this thread on the forums, but it still might help some people :). In my opinion, This argument should have never happened. Look at the OP and then look at the things posted after. They are longer then the friggen guide!

just my 2cents

Sryyoulose
04-15-2012, 09:01 PM
Good guide, it's not pointing out the obvious if you don't know what the "Obvious" Is.

Several suggestions:
1. Being as you said this is a guide for new players, show with screenshots how to:
A. Show Where Map is.
B. Show where Balefort Castle is.
C. Show them which direction to go.
Using screen shots really would be helpful, take a screen shot of the Cs opening page, explain things thoroughly (Several points you skimmed through.)

Over all good guide good effort.
I know what it feels like to spend a couple hours writing a guide only to have it shot down.
I feel for you bro.

Swampy
04-15-2012, 09:11 PM
Helpful to new players, BUT in umm Chapter 1, sentence 2, you spelled "Balefort" as 2 words;"bale" and "fort." (I'm a grammar nazi) :P

dudetus
04-16-2012, 12:16 AM
Want just to be sure that u all understood what I meant.

The guide itself is good, it's not the issue by my side. Personally, from my POV the issue is not how to use the CS but to actually know there is a CS.

That's why my suggestions are to insert pics about CS' location on map and on Balefort. For the ones to whom this guide is useful, this should be on "New Players" - section.

I am sorry if some misunderstood my "hatin" but that was not my intention. I have just seen so many totally useless guides/lists recently so at the point where I see a thread name to include the word "Guide" I am immediately preparing myself to frown. Nothing personal.

Kaytar
04-16-2012, 12:26 AM
M...E.....H.
Jk haha this guide is perfect I'm sure new people will find it helpful

Skeletonlord
04-16-2012, 12:29 AM
I am going to be adding pictures very soon using google chrome, and I don't think there is much to add of what I have done so far, but thanks for your opinions!

I really think that this guide will help someone. I haven't stated the "obvious" because wounded didn't find CS until Lvl 40+.

NECROREAPER
04-16-2012, 12:32 AM
I am going to be adding pictures very soon using google chrome, and I don't think there is much to add of what I have done so far, but thanks for your opinions!

I really think that this guide will help someone. I haven't stated the "obvious" because wounded didn't find CS until Lvl 40+.

Wounded =/= everyone

RaptorBlitz
04-16-2012, 02:07 AM
^ Lol.

Small nitpick - the CS can also be known as the Auction Haus. ^_^ And it is a bit 'pointing out the obvious' IMO, you need to add how to sell stuff effectively and how to get good deals, stuff like that relating to the CS.

Whirlzap
04-16-2012, 02:08 AM
Making a guide is fine.
But the problem here is the guide part.
Sure, this helps explain some rather obvious details to newcomers, but when I say guide, I mean something more informative and in-depth.

dudetus
04-16-2012, 02:14 AM
^ Lol.

Small nitpick - the CS can also be known as the Auction Haus. ^_^ And it is a bit pointing out the obvious' IMO, you need to add how to sell stuff effectively and how to get good deals, stuff like that relating to the CS.

Another merching guide? Sweet!

Suchislife
04-16-2012, 02:25 AM
WOW AWESOME GUIDE BRO!:) Very informative to new players and not stating the obvious:) Dude and Lowly, please give him some constructive criticism, if you just say things like WOW! what does that mean apart from spamming? Dont like it and gonna flame it? Keep it to yourself...

dudetus
04-16-2012, 02:32 AM
WOW AWESOME GUIDE BRO!:) Very informative to new players and not stating the obvious:) Dude and Lowly, please give him some constructive criticism, if you just say things like WOW! what does that mean apart from spamming? Dont like it and gonna flame it? Keep it to yourself...

If u had read the whole thread discussion u would've noticed my explenation to my actions and an apology by my side alongside with constructive feedback...

If u don't have the time to read the whole discussion, I'll just quote u:
Keep it to yourself...

RedRyder
04-16-2012, 06:37 AM
Guys, WE you especially, can't you see why this guide was really made? The only input I will provide; open your eyes.

Bebsi
04-16-2012, 07:18 AM
Hey Skeleton, to us vets the cs is so common that we might wanna say 'duh'.
But I wanna tell u that almost every week people ask me for stuff and I tell them get them at cs and...
The answer almost all the time what is cs? xD

Just do your guide, the haters here mostly like their own guides too much to respect others trying to do an own one ^_^
I'm not disturbed by anyone who tries to help out newbies by doing a helpful or less helpful guide.
If I read through the forums there are so many spam threads that this one surely is the highlight of the day lol

Keep it up skeleton :)

Elyseon
04-16-2012, 09:21 AM
Guys, WE you especially, can't you see why this guide was really made? The only input I will provide; open your eyes.

I could survive a month or two with no new guides being made...

RedRyder
04-16-2012, 10:16 AM

Every aspect in the game doesn't need a guide. I think guides should be withheld until new guide worthy content comes out.

Elyseon
04-16-2012, 10:37 AM

Every aspect in the game doesn't need a guide. I think guides should be withheld until new guide worthy content comes out.
U mean u dont want me to finish my guide on how to log out of the game :(

WoundedEagle
04-16-2012, 12:11 PM

I think everyone else might need to be informed. If you have questions to why I posted in this format, PM me....

Silverpegasus
04-16-2012, 02:28 PM
U mean u dont want me to finish my guide on how to log out of the game :(

@Elyseon, U cracked me up twice real hard -rofl-
And wow. "This is PL not wow" part ;-)

On a note to Skeletonlord, i think the problem lies in the title. It says The Consignment Shoppe -the ultimate guide, and well when u use the word Ultimate, that brings up a big expectation, and i was expecting something more comprehensive too. Hey, but i really liked all ur other guides ;)

Elyseon
04-16-2012, 02:44 PM
As a master ninja once said 'experience is the best teacher'

For stuff like this new players best learn by doing, i didnt join forums until a month after i started playing, yes i was level 50 but trust me i was a huge noob, the cs is very basic to learn and the stash, once someone tells you where it is u start going crazy selling stuff and makin mad cash, in fact almost everything i know about the game is from playing it or being told while in game.

The majority of the forumers know the basic stuff of the game, and for new players on the forums, these things are basic enough they can be explained in a simple reply to a question thread

Overall the only forum guides i have found helpfull are the insanely complex pink item listings by yanis and some of the very technical explanation of the game mechanics by Physiologic

Not to minimize the time you put in to this, but its format is more of a blog of your take on the CS

Skeletonlord
04-16-2012, 03:14 PM
I figured that since there hasn't been a guide focusing on the CS it would be a good subject to look at. Of course, screenies will be coming very soon(in a day or two), that should hopefully make the guide better than it currently is.

As Redryder said, we do not need guides for everything, but I feel that the CS is something that needs a guide.

As for the title of the thread, I was thinking along the lines of "The Ultimate Guide", but I will probably change that in the future.

Thanks guys for your continued support, If you would like to see something different, post what guides I could do that would be helpful.

Walkhardd
04-16-2012, 03:21 PM
I have no idea why theres 40+ comments in this thread.

If this guide helps one player, then it did its job. I don't see how this hurts anyone if they find the content obvious.

Skeletonlord
04-16-2012, 03:24 PM

If this guide helps one player, then it did its job. I don't see how this hurts anyone if they find the content obvious.

To be completely honest with you, I didn't think that it would get any comments, but it seems that a couple of people found it helpful, so it did it's purpose.

NECROREAPER
04-16-2012, 03:46 PM
If it can be explained in game without a lengthy set of typing, it doesn't need a guide

Elyseon
04-16-2012, 03:56 PM
If it can be explained in game without a lengthy set of typing, it doesn't need a guide

Yeh............................................... ..............
...agreed

Swimmingstar
04-16-2012, 04:15 PM
To be honest a lot of you are being selfish. If it's not useful to you, don't say wow, and don't say wow again just to get your green little bar things, whatever those are.

If it's not useful to you, just move along to the next thread to hat--ahem I mean read and reply to with usefulness, not just to get green bars, hate, etc.
Congratulating and constructive criticism aren't bad you know.

Also, this is very useful to the new players. I had no idea what cs was even when the update showed it. I didn't really know items and stuff and how useful it was, so I just bought weapons and sold them, probably getting myself scammed.

P.S. Has anyone actually read this?

Forum Rules

General Rules

Welcome to the Spacetime Studios Community!
The Spacetime website and forums are here to provide a place for constructive discussion and player feedback about Spacetime Studios and the games they make.
These rules are here to keep the forums a nice place for everyone to visit. If you break the rules, you may find that your access is suspended or removed. This includes access to any Spacetime Studios games.

1. Please Respect Others.
The purpose of the forum is to provide a platform for the exchange of ideas. Occasionally, conflicts may arise when people voice opinions. Be courteous when disagreeing with others. Debating the opinion is appropriate, however criticism against the originator of the opinion is not allowed. Disrespect can be construed as flaming, trolling, harassing, profanity, abusive language or abbreviations, personal attacks, racial, religious, ethnic, sexual slurs, or similar behavior/language.
Flaming is defined as posts which are designed to personally berate or insult another.

Trolling is defined as deliberately posting derogatory, inflammatory comments/threads in order to bait other users into responding. Trolling or accusing someone of being a troll is also a form of trolling and is not permitted.

Posts similar to “Moderator Notified” or “Needs thread lock” are discouraged, as these types of posts are a form of trolling. If a thread is in violation of the forum rules, use the notify moderator button or send a private message to a moderator or administrator directly.

Personal attacks include, but are not limited to insulting a poster directly:

Example: “You are stupid, you suck, and you should [censored].”
The above are a just few examples of behavior that is not tolerated on the forums. Basically, play nice and get along. Thanks!

2. No inappropriate talk.
The Spacetime Studios forum is not a place to chat about drugs and alcohol related activities. Likewise, Sexual, racial or otherwise inappropriate talk is also not permitted.

3. Please, no Profanity.
Thanks in advance for keeping the language on the forum clean and not profane. Intentional misspellings of swear words are also not allowed.

4. Never reveal your personal information.
The best way to stay safe online is to NEVER share your real name, phone number, address, email or passwords. Please do not disclose your, or anyone else’s, private information.

5. Non-Constructive posts are prohibited.
Below is a non-exhaustive list of examples of non-constructive posts. As a rule, non-constructive posting is not permitted:
Spam - this is considered to be repetitive posting of the same topic or text or nonsensical posts that have no substance and are often designed to annoy other forum users.

Bumping posts in order to keep them near the top of the list is also prohibited. Likewise, the use of "/signed" posts are discouraged in that it doesn’t engender constructive discussion.

Do not create threads/posts to “petition” or “lobby” for game features, additions, changes, or other issues. You may post suggestions and/or ideas to the boards, but you may not create a ‘petition’ for others to sign. This is bumping in disguise and will not be allowed. Lobbying is continually bringing up the same topic repeatedly in numerous different threads or as an off-topic post in official threads to get developer attention. This form of posting is not permitted.

Cross posting - As a courtesy to others before beginning a new thread, please look to see if an active thread on that topic has already been established using the Search feature. If so, place your comments there instead. Multiple threads on the same subject clutter up the forum needlessly and many good ideas may be lost. Use the Search link to keep discussions about one topic to one thread only.

Negative feedback can be very useful, provided that it is presented in a civil, factual manner. Tell us what you don't like and why and how you feel it could be improved. Posts that are insulting and rude may be deleted, no matter how valid the ideas behind them may be.

A rant is a post which is long-winded, redundant and filled with angry, non-constructive comments. A free exchange of ideas is essential to building a strong sense of community and helpful in the development of the game, but rants are disruptive and incite flaming and trolling. Please post your thoughts in a concise, clear manner and avoid going off on rambling tangents.

False obituary threads are considered highly improper, and knowingly posting false news of a player’s real-life death may result in a ban of both your forum account and your game account.

Threads that make threats or use other combative language are not allowed.

6. Private communication between Spacetime Studios members, staff and forum users is not to be made public on these forums or by any other venue.
Please keep private conversations private. You are not permitted to publicize any private correspondence without permission. As such, warnings and bans are not to be discussed on the forum. Such matters shall remain private between Spacetime Studios and the user. Questions or comments concerning warnings and bans will be conveyed through e-mail or private messaging. Likewise, discussions regarding moderator actions are not permitted on the forum. If you have questions regarding a post or thread that has been removed or subject to other moderation, please contact a moderator to discuss it.

7. Do not post about exploits.
If you figure out some way to exploit one of the games, please do not post publicly about it. Instead, use the private message system and contact one of the Administrators or Dev Team members.

8. Impersonating another forum user, moderator, volunteer, administrator or Spacetime Studios employee is prohibited.
Please do not impersonate anyone else. It might seem funny at the time, but it can lead to a lot of confusion.

9. You may not post advertisements.
Advertising on these forums is prohibited. Please do not do it.

10. No proxy posting; no account hopping to evade suspension.
Posting on behalf of a suspended user is not allowed. Working around a ban through other people’s accounts or secondary accounts to continue posting is also. You are personally responsible for your conduct on the forums. Threads designed to announce, appeal or contest a banning will also be removed without notice.

11. No Legal Action threads.
Using the forums or PMs for encouraging, promoting, endorsing, or inciting any kind of legal action against anyone is strictly prohibited.

12. Player Generated Content.
We do not host screenshots, signature pictures, or other images on this message board. You are more than welcome to link to images hosted in other places, as long as they are of an appropriate and non-offensive nature and/or do not otherwise infringe the intellectual property rights of any party. Below is a list of examples of what is not permitted.
Images which are: sexually explicit, harmful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive; obscene or contain vulgar language; images that illustrate/show illegal activity.

Avatar icons are allowed as long as the images are below 20kb in size. Avatars that are overly annoying, disruptive or in Spacetime Studios’ sole discretion found to be in poor taste will be removed.

Links to images that are inappropriate will be removed and your forum account may be shut down.

Copyrighted, proprietary images, trade marks as well as images that do not belong to you (i.e. photographs or artwork which are used without permission of the creator) are also forbidden.

Signature Images are allowed, however they must be limited to 500x100 pixels AND less than 15kb

13. Zero Tolerance Policy.
Immediate suspension or bans from the forum can result from any of the following: the posting of pornography; discriminatory remarks which are sexually explicit, harmful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive; excessive obscene or vulgar language; posts which discuss or illustrate illegal activity; providing links to sites that contain any of the aforementioned.

14. Proprietary forums.
The Spacetime Studios Community is a private message forum. All message board content is allowed at the discretion of Spacetime Studios. Spacetime Studios reserves the right to remove any message board content at will without notice for any reason.

15. Changes to these Rules and Regulations
Spacetime Studios may revise these Rules and Regulations at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes.

For breaking above rules you may be warned/banned appropriately!

Elyseon
04-16-2012, 04:41 PM
Actually i dont remember reading all of that, just skimmed through and saw no problem with my posts

NECROREAPER
04-16-2012, 05:58 PM

Pretty much any thread he makes turns controversial, for obvious reasons of course

Elyseon
04-16-2012, 06:00 PM

Pretty much any thread he makes turns controversial, for obvious reasons of course
lol well stated

Walkhardd
04-16-2012, 06:01 PM

Lolol...i see what ya did there. XD

OvigorothO
04-16-2012, 06:29 PM
it seems to me that your thoughts are well layed out. but even though I know you poured time and effort into this and wrote honest views its all to obvious now-adays to see someone looking for a few extra thanks. ill give u one just for fun. may your Rep grow evermore.

Coltona
04-16-2012, 06:42 PM
Don't listen to any of it skel, this thread helped me! All you who don't like it stop clogging it with troll thoughts and opinions, let's get this thread back on track!

I say make a vid, post it at the top of you spawning in, running to the CS, searching for a specific item, with rarity, level and name, viewing it on your char, then buying it. Then show them how to sell an item, i'd buy it for ya if needed and show them how to claim your money. Then below the vid post in detail how the search filter in CS works and how listing an item has a surcharge that depends on how much the item is being listed for and the amount of time you're listing it. Also maybe include some info on how you can't sell an item for less than the price it costs to list it, as this would cause you to lose money.

Overall a good guide outline i'd say.

Coltona
04-16-2012, 06:43 PM
it seems to me that your thoughts are well layed out. but even though I know you poured time and effort into this and wrote honest views its all to obvious now-adays to see someone looking for a few extra thanks. ill give u one just for fun. may your Rep grow evermore.

This was a useless post and we should be able to take thanks away from people who make posts like this. Aka an anti troll button.

Elyseon
04-16-2012, 06:53 PM
lol xD

this thread helped me! could u specify which part you were unclear on, i may have missed it, i have a habbit of skimming

Skeletonlord
04-16-2012, 09:05 PM
@Colton You made me look back at what I did wrong.

I will try to make a video and pictures, but what recording software to use? I don't have a microphone so I can't record ATM. Would getting pictures be ok in your eyes?

Swimmingstar
04-16-2012, 09:11 PM
@Colton You made me look back at what I did wrong.

I will try to make a video and pictures, but what recording software to use? I don't have a microphone so I can't record ATM. Would getting pictures be ok in your eyes?

No need for mic. Just put quotes on youtube, or if you know how to edit videos, just put text in.

As for recording software, google HyperCam2 and download. Good quality and frame rate, and easy to use.

Elyseon
04-16-2012, 09:12 PM
depends how much rep you want

Swimmingstar
04-16-2012, 09:16 PM
depends how much rep you want

Rep apparently is not the case.

Skeletonlord
04-16-2012, 09:22 PM
Thanks Swimming, I will have a look around! I'm sure I will find something!

I think getting pictures might be better because my computer isn't used for recording and uploading videos, and with pictures, I can just insert them into the thread. I will have a look around.

Coltona
04-16-2012, 10:02 PM
Thanks Swimming, I will have a look around! I'm sure I will find something!

I think getting pictures might be better because my computer isn't used for recording and uploading videos, and with pictures, I can just insert them into the thread. I will have a look around.

This could be just as good, just do step-by-step analysis on filtering items, buying, and selling with the info I listed. Best of luck buddy

Coltona
04-16-2012, 10:04 PM
lol xD

could u specify which part you were unclear on, i may have missed it, i have a habbit of skimming

What do you mean by "unclear", I just stated this thread can't be junk (as stated by too many before me) by stating it helped me by realizing something that was very important.

Lowlyspy
04-16-2012, 11:32 PM
Have you not seen improvement in his guides? You can't tell me you haven't. And so what if his guide isn't very good (in your eyes) it won't harm anyone? Will it? If it took you 10 minutes, this will save someone else time, because it took me 2 minutes to read. And you must admit you didn't state any constructive criticism. Will it hurt to repeat yourself? And if you don't feel lie repeating yourself, why not PM him your suggestions professionally. And if that might not work for you either, why not block or just ignore his threads?

On the other hand, sorry for ruining your thread with flames Skeleton. Someone will see the posts and delete the eventually...
Sorry for my delayed response, Minecraft has kept me busy. It's a nice getaway from the forums.

Want me to be brutally honest? No, i have seen no improvement whatsoever other than headings and small organizational issues being fixed. No i don't think this guide will hurt anyone, nor do i think it will help anyone. The CS is one of the most basic things to learn in the game and, i'm sorry, but what newbies do you see even hearing about the forums, much less joining them, before they get to balefort and find the auction? The constructive criticism you don't see is in previous guides of his, the ingame chat logs, and in his PM box from wayyyy before he even started making his "guides." Of course it won't hurt to repeat myself, however i have tried before and my advice has been completely disregarded on numerous occasions, same reason why i don't PM him again. But of course ignoring would be the best option, sadly the ignore function doesn't work on the mobile app, which is what i use to view the forum usually. I do try to ignore them on the app but i keep getting attracted to his threads in hopes of some sort of improvement which, sadly, has yet to come.

There you have it. Report it for trolling or whatever if you want. If it gets deleted then so be it, just supports the fact that honest opinions conflicting with OP's aren't allowed on these forums.

Skeletonlord
04-17-2012, 12:34 AM
Wow Lowly,

I never knew that you don't even like reading my posts and that you want to "ignore" me. Why you want to ignore me after all the effort i put into making guides and making the community.

That post made me feel really upset with what I have become. You didn't want that to happen did you?

Lowly, I want you to at least say something positive, everything I do is negative in your eyes :(

Lowlyspy
04-17-2012, 01:44 AM
Wow Lowly,

I never knew that you don't even like reading my posts and that you want to "ignore" me. Why you want to ignore me after all the effort i put into making guides and making the community.

That post made me feel really upset with what I have become. You didn't want that to happen did you?

Lowly, I want you to at least say something positive, everything I do is negative in your eyes :(

PM sent.

RaptorBlitz
04-17-2012, 04:06 AM
To be honest, it is annoying how at the end of every few posts you just say "Wow, thanks for the advice! I'll upload moar pics. Is that ok?" No flaming intended.

NECROREAPER
04-17-2012, 04:26 AM
Wow Lowly,

What have you "become"?

RedRyder
04-17-2012, 07:37 AM
Lol I get annoyed as much as any of you guys, but you're being a bit harsh on the poor kid. Let's remember he's still pretty young, so ease up a bit. I'm just not saying a thing on anymore of these posts so feelings don't get hurt.

Silence says a lot.

@SL, you can't make everyone like you, believe it or not. You can't get emotional over one person. A handful of people don't like me on here, but I don't lose sleep over it. There are a lot of people here that I'm not fond of, but I'm sure that they don't lose sleep over it either.

Elyseon
04-17-2012, 08:55 AM
lol xD

could u specify which part you were unclear on, i may have missed it, i have a habbit of skimming

What do you mean by "unclear", I just stated this thread can't be junk (as stated by too many before me) by stating it helped me by realizing something that was very important.

Im asking what that something was, you said it cleared you up on some subject i was wondering what it was, cuz i may have missed it.

Sky../
04-17-2012, 09:39 AM
What have you "become"?

Hayabusaz the second

RedRyder
04-17-2012, 12:57 PM
Hayabusaz the second

Lol I'm sorry but I just died

Redbridge
04-17-2012, 01:28 PM
For those of you who aren't aware....

Skel is a very keen and enthusiastic player who just wants to helps. The problem is that despite all the enthusiasm, many of his posts in the past have been infactual, brief, and although called guides have been little more than a paragraph or two of obvious content.

Many many players have, and continue to, support Skel to improve his content and 'step up' to being the helpful player he is trying to be. Unfortunately, for whatever reason, this has fallen short of some people's expectations.

Personally, I think this guide needs much more content and detail. Location, screenies, some examples, some tips and tricks of using CS and even some more detailed listing/searching examples. There are many guides on the forums which can be looked at as great guides, and generally they are well written, well layed out and contain a lot of info.

That being said, it doesn't excuse the negative comments from some senior members, no matter how frustrating repeated poor posting appears.

Skel, take the constructive feedback you've been given and use it to improve your guide, include as much detail as you can and include images to support the knowledge your trying to impart. But also be aware of the difference between a really helpful detailed guide and a few paragraphs of your thoughts on CS.

You can do it buddy.:)

Skeletonlord
04-17-2012, 02:58 PM

Skel is a very keen and enthusiastic player who just wants to helps. The problem is that despite all the enthusiasm, many of his posts in the past have been infactual, brief, and although called guides have been little more than a paragraph or two of obvious content.

Many many players have, and continue to, support Skel to improve his content and 'step up' to being the helpful player he is trying to be. Unfortunately, for whatever reason, this has fallen short of some people's expectations.

Personally, I think this guide needs much more content and detail. Location, screenies, some examples, some tips and tricks of using CS and even some more detailed listing/searching examples. There are many guides on the forums which can be looked at as great guides, and generally they are well written, well layed out and contain a lot of info.

That being said, it doesn't excuse the negative comments from some senior members, no matter how frustrating repeated poor posting appears.

Skel, take the constructive feedback you've been given and use it to improve your guide, include as much detail as you can and include images to support the knowledge your trying to impart. But also be aware of the difference between a really helpful detailed guide and a few paragraphs of your thoughts on CS.

I will, I will be adding screenies hopefully tomorrow, and more detail :)

Thanks for your feedback red!

I can't please everyone, but I try my best :)

Elyseon
04-17-2012, 03:43 PM
Hayabusaz the second

Lol I'm sorry but I just died
Im sorry :(
When the viewing?

I admit it was a bit harsh, my feed back just is, to put as nicely as i can, sometimes parts of the games dont always need a guide, and the forum should be more that a compilation of guides covering every aspect of gameplay, even if you really want to help, sometimes its better to wait for a question to pop up before you provide the answer, you have to realize when the majority join the forums, they already have played the game long enough to get atleast a basic view of the game. Your guide could help new players, but this is not the ideal place for targetting that audience

Silentarrow
04-18-2012, 06:16 PM

Here are my suggestions:

Wounded, we live in a day and age where kids can't accept criticism because their parents flood them with compliments and praises. I think Skele should be able to accept this criticism and maybe we'll see a great guide from him one day.

I myself am not the best guide writer, so this criticism may not be that valid, but I think I speak for most of the community in saying this.

-First off, addressing Wounded and Skeleton, the CS DOES NOT take awhile to learn, any one who is able to read and has a fifth grade education in economics can easily figure it out. From my own experience, the CS took about 1-5 minutes to learn.

-Regarding Skeleton, here's my opinion on your guide. I've read through twice now and if you think that what I'm saying is invalid I'll type this again, but Every single "chapter" seemed to be Pointing Out The Obvious. Lets use an example,

if you have the required amount, when you go to purchase the item, it will allow you to buy the item.

Hmm... -_-

You go on describing the process of buying and selling items in the shop which IMO is pretty straight forward to anyone with a fifth grade education.

-Skeleton, I suggest that work on some guides that revolve around more "hard core" parts of the game (ex. Boss Battle mechanis).

Oh, and by the way, in no way do I hate SkeletonLord, hating people is a bad way to live life. His ways just sometimes get on my nerves ;).

Have a good day!
-Silent

Swords
04-18-2012, 06:28 PM
So much arguing! Give skeleton some credit for his guide, Some of these comments seemed like off-topic.
and if people are saying "wow" sarcasticly then good 4 u, This guide was meant to help.... NEW players, not all you experienced players. Thats what guides are for, there is nothing wrong at making guides for NEW and EXPERIENCED PLAYERS. Of course some players dont know how to use CS and sell a item of the wrong price.

There i said it!...

Silentarrow
04-18-2012, 06:33 PM
Lol I get annoyed as much as any of you guys, but you're being a bit harsh on the poor kid. Let's remember he's still pretty young, so ease up a bit. I'm just not saying a thing on anymore of these posts so feelings don't get

Like I said above, kids need critisicm these days, parents are too easy! I like you Red, but I'm going to have to disagree! I think if Skeleton is getting really upset from all these commets then e needs some more self confidence.

Swords
04-18-2012, 06:36 PM
Like I said above, kids need critisicm these days, parents are too easy! I like you Red, but I'm going to have to disagree!

The other fact is that if kids get critisicm then it will put pressure on them and will one day become Violent, I have heard many people do suicide because of bullying,critisicm and many other things. Kids are easliy follow and look up to people they think is important to them or is popular

Elyseon
04-18-2012, 06:48 PM
This guide was meant to help.... NEW players, not all you experienced players. Thats what guides are for, there is nothing wrong at making guides for NEW and EXPERIENCED PLAYERS.
This is the wrong place to address that audience, its like going before your varsity soccer team and explaining the basics of how to kick the ball to someone

Like I said above, kids need critisicm these days, parents are too easy! I like you Red, but I'm going to have to disagree!

The other fact is that if kids get critisicm then it will put pressure on them and will one day become Violent, I have heard many people do suicide because of bullying,critisicm and many other things. Kids are easliy follow and look up to people they think is important to them or is popular
Lol thats whats wrong with todays society, u become what u make of urself, ur surroundings dont make you, your responses do

Silentarrow
04-18-2012, 06:52 PM

Kids need to grow up on criticism which is the parents and medias fault. I'm still a "kid" and I get about 10-20 sentences of criticism daily, I don't care what they say though, why? Because I've learned to take people's opinions who'm I don't respect with less than a grain of salt. If a person who'm I do respect throws a criticism at me I learn to Improve myself. If a person who'm I respect becomes a "hater" of me, I learn to not respect them.

(When typing this I invisioned myself walking into the lunchroom with everyone booing at me and I just stood there smiling and cheering them on :))

RedRyder
04-18-2012, 07:41 PM
Off topic thread is off topic. Ib4l!

Skel, if you still have it in you, request for this thread to get locked. Take days to prepare a guide, collecting as much information as possible for you, write your ideas out, make some type of format, use Microsoft excel, outlook, or anything else to make your guide look crisp and clean. If you don't know how to, find a guide online.

Look at it as writing a school paper. The more hard work done and in the most concise fashion possible as to not bore anyone, the better you target your audience, the more personality your guide has, the higher the grade.

After all of that, start over in a new thread. Try to get some peer revision done from another forum member (not me lol) to get another take on it and so they can pick up on mistakes that you might have missed. Get it revised twice by two different people minimum, but the more the better. Then post your new gem of a guide.

If your legit cause for making a guide is to help, then follow those steps and youll be A-OK

Elyseon
04-18-2012, 07:49 PM
This threads not getting locked without me!!!!! >8D

Silentarrow
04-18-2012, 08:00 PM
I see nothing wrong with this thread.

Pimpslide
04-18-2012, 08:03 PM
Sorry lold reading comments with thread.
Spittake.

Lowlyspy
04-18-2012, 08:07 PM
Hehe im certain you did enjoy it pimp, nice to see you out and about ;)

Pimpslide
04-18-2012, 08:13 PM
Hehe im certain you did enjoy it pimp, nice to see you out and about ;)

Yes my sibling was being rather secretive and changed all of his passwords for everything...weirdly... for a bit but i get it out of him.

Skeletonlord
04-18-2012, 08:14 PM
Look, I know that you aren't enjoying this thread.

There isn't any point having a video or pictures in it because you won't like that either. I can't make a guide, everything is taken, from guilds to pink guides. What is there to do a guide on?

Silentarrow
04-18-2012, 08:17 PM

There isn't any point having a video or pictures in it because you won't like that either. I can't make a guide, everything is taken, from guilds to pink guides. What is there to do a guide on?

Possibly new team play styles.

Pimpslide
04-18-2012, 08:23 PM

Look bro, it's good you wanna help I do to so i'll help you.
Dude (did you know in the 60s dude meant panty waist I did not know that), don't make guides.
There's enough unless you discover something REV OH LOO SHUN ULL.

It's hard your first few months on forums, take it from an old forumer.

You're not helping yourself by making so many, sorry, very sorry don't mean to offend, obvious and not really helping guides.

You seem like you can make a positive by just browsing through threads and answering peoples questions.
If you get flamed you have my support but there is no point in supporting you if you don't have your own views. Don't mold yourself to other people's needs, mold yourself to your own personality, it seems you are doing to much of the first thing.

Thanks plawx i really need em i only have 4 ;)

Sorry for incoherency and babble I am kind of tired and dizzy.
Have fun dont try to help always but dont make it feel fake be natural be yourself.

Lowlyspy
04-18-2012, 08:25 PM
Or you don't have to do a guide. You could just look around the forums and in game and help out where you can. Even helping a little bit is still helping, don't have to do huge things to make a positive impact on on people.

(Ok now im done skel, good luck. Remember what I said in that pm.)

EDIT: doh, pimp ur such a noob for ninja-ing me ;D

Pimpslide
04-18-2012, 08:28 PM
Or you don't have to do a guide. You could just look around the forums and in game and help out where you can. Even helping a little bit is still helping, don't have to do huge things to make a positive impact on on people.

(Ok now im done skel, good luck. Remember what I said in that pm.)

EDIT: doh, pimp ur such a noob for ninja-ing me ;D

Blow My Cover O Meter - 3 out of a possible 20.

lol

Elyseon
04-19-2012, 10:58 AM
The forum isnt a game to see who can make the most guides---
At least not yet ;D

Samhayne
04-19-2012, 11:46 AM
The forum isnt a game to see who can make the most guides---
At least not yet ;D

Indeed!

Thread closed.