PDA

View Full Version : all dex starting out question

forcetactic
08-11-2010, 09:51 PM
Hi, I'm fairly new to this game. I've read a guide about dumping all your points into dex and I've decided to try this build. So far, I'm level 7 and struggling a LOT in the game. My dagger I got from a quest only does ~26 dps, and I struggle to kill monsters while my brother who is starting on a mage has no trouble killing monsters.
In addition to that, I cannot wield any str gear, and my dex gear is pretty limited. Is this normal? And is there a better dagger I can use at this level other than the 3-4 dmg one?

FluffNStuff
08-11-2010, 10:09 PM
Really no items to use at all till you hit level 10, at which point use the best bow you can find, not the dagger, which don't get good till later in the game. If you are really struggling pick up a some level appropriate equipment like a bow and dex leather from Oz the merchant in forest haven. Oh, and by the way, the Dex Bear is a fantastic build, very powerful and a lot of fun. But like all builds, you will be weak at first. As a hint, put all points into Stomp, then Rage, then Iron Blood then Evade (Put all five into one, then move on to the next skill). At that point you should be around level 20 and should have a good feel for what skills you want next.

vulgarstrike
08-11-2010, 11:32 PM
archers will always fail in the beginning.

Cascade
08-11-2010, 11:39 PM
Mages are the most powerful...In the beginning

Raxie
08-12-2010, 05:14 AM
and then mages are the weakest when they reach level 45.

FluffNStuff
08-12-2010, 10:53 AM
Mages are the most powerful...In the beginning

and then mages are the weakest when they reach level 45.

Which is the opposite of every other RPG / MMO I know of.