PDA

View Full Version : choices for twink builds beginner lvl 19s

Staffed
08-11-2010, 11:02 PM
I really like twinking if you haven't noticed and I'm going to try and help people get started. For each build i will give a persons name that has done well with the build.(not to say there the only person just one im remembering the name of)

DEF OF TWINKS: A level 19 character designated to pvp. They have 18 skill points to spend and fight other twinks in pvp arenas.

STR BEAR: This is a good build to start out with because it is the most common. STR bears are great, they have high health for a level 19 and are hard to kill fast. There are also options, people like to use a plat axe and a shield while others use a sword. This is a sturdy build for beginner to expert. (Wartrix)

INT BEAR: INT bears are so good partly because of their range, that's why in some circumstances it puts them above STR bears. The INT bear also can use a level 19 fire blaster which i believe can cause extra damage from the fire. One thing about the INT bear is with the wrong items you will not stand a chance.(brainsmasher)

DEX BEAR: the DEX bear is a favorite of mine for the range and for the dps. A lot of the time shot spurts of damage is batter than one big hack. I haven't seen many dex bears but myself.
(staved)

BEARS
Bears are overall very good as twinks ANY type works great and can win
SKILLS YOU CANT GO WITH OUT: Iron blood, Rage

STR BIRD: the best type of bird at pvp the others really dont work. This is the only option but it is a very good option. with my STR bird i can kill some of the worse twinks in one hit, along with some of the better ones. You can deal mass damage at one time. Then after you use your spells you can finish them off with a good sword. Id like to put a pug in for banned(thundro) he made half the twinks respect with his build of a great str bird. (Thundro)

DEX BIRD: ILL ADMIT i have not seen a dex bird with a bow but i can imagine they would have a hard time. They would need the extra push of the sword to finish off the enemy because with a dex bird if you get past the first wave you made it and will probably win. UNLESS its a talon bird and ive seen them hold up fairly well.(not seen)

INT BIRD: no comment... just kidding but these guys have no chance no health or dodge. GOOD BYE BIRDY!(I hope for that persons sake i never see)

Basic overview if your going to be a archer be a str archer. Fast damage strong attack.
SKILLS YOU CANT GO WITH OUT: Blast shot, thorn root, and the big R

STR MAGE: Pally power!!! good choice the heal is nice and can attack strong. The hard part is knowing where to put your skill points there are many options. These guys go hard. Many people are trying pally. The debuffs are really good( how you take away from enemies stats.)(hunnystorm)

INT MAGE: There basically just to weak and need a lot of ms to work. These guys are probably not your best bet but could work. (sweetserenity)

DEX MAGE: I have not seen one but i can imagine the potential, again there is a a health problem but could work SOMEONE TRY THIS!

over all good i like the heal factor be careful with the int mage or go into the unknown with the dex mage.

SKILLS YOU CANT GO WITH OUT: Heal, buffs

dex items: platinum bow, auto-crossbow ,pirate snipers helm,jewel thief armor
str items: ursan battle sword, platinum axe, ursan helm, any forest chain
int items: wizards cap, nature Mage robes, dark bolt blaster of mastery

thanks for reading
please comment

Kalielle
08-12-2010, 06:42 AM
Wow. Thank you for the excellent guide! I'm new to PVP and was thinking of making a twink. This is extremely helpful.

Staffed
08-12-2010, 10:46 AM
great glad i helped!

Staffed
08-13-2010, 10:47 AM
Leave comments!!! Everyone want to see what you think

Kalielle
08-14-2010, 01:27 PM
DEX MAGE: I have not seen one but i can imagine the potential, again there is a a health problem but could work SOMEONE TRY THIS!

I actually just finished my first twink yesterday and she's a lev 19 bowmage. :D Add me and let's see how she does. Name is EveningFire.

FluffNStuff
08-14-2010, 02:10 PM
I actually just finished my first twink yesterday and she's a lev 19 bowmage. :D Add me and let's see how she does. Name is EveningFire.

Gonna be squishy.
Lvl 19 PVP should start with a bear for buffs.
I went with Enchantress to see if it could be done, and this is what I found:
Pure Mage / Dex Mage: Lack the health and armor to survive the initial shots, and don't pack enough power in spells for a 1 blast kill.
Paladin: This is the best I could find. The debuffs which knock 50 off of armor and damage render any bird build harmless and defenseless. The problem comes against the bears. Iron Blood raises armor by 50, so the debuff just knocks off that buff. And Rage increases damage by 25 points, so the debuff knocks 25 points off of initial damage but there is still that high risk of crit. This esentialy creates an even damage and armor fight between paladin and bear. Now the bear starts with 100 more health points then the paladin, but the paladin can heal, and paladin lightning is fighting bear stomp. It's a hell of a fight, and I come close, but more tweaking is needed. Hope this helps.

Staffed
08-14-2010, 05:06 PM
Thanks hunny

PhatNinja
08-14-2010, 05:23 PM
i dont get this "twink" thing your talking about... im a level 10 enchantress and ive put all my skill points on int, can you explain what i should do?
thanks

Kalielle
08-15-2010, 03:56 PM
i dont get this "twink" thing your talking about... im a level 10 enchantress and ive put all my skill points on int, can you explain what i should do?
thanks

A twink is a lower level character that higher level players use only for player vs player games. If you're new to the game you don't need to worry about any of the above strategies at this point. All int is fine for level 10 but as you go on I'd suggest putting only enough into int to wear the enchantress gear for your level, and the rest into dex and str. But that's just my opinion and others choose to go all int.

Oh, and welcome to the game! :)

Grankledude
09-17-2010, 09:48 AM
I'm making a pally/pure Mage. I guess I'll make him more of a pally than a pure anyway. I'll tell u when he's lvl 18 (no campaigns) and a later advice when he is lvl 19.

GaZz
09-17-2010, 10:11 AM
PL seems to have adopted the general term twink and applied it to level 19 characters only.... how odd.

smoae
10-23-2010, 05:46 PM
great guide very helpful!

CanonicalKoi
10-23-2010, 06:09 PM
Thanks very much for this! It's very helpful for those of us who want to give PvP a try. I've got two in the making--a straight Str. Bear and a Dex. Bear. Should be fun!

setec
10-23-2010, 06:28 PM
Great post, again though, I'm going to disagree with your definition of Twink in general for MMORPGs. Do you mean to say a Twink is ONLY for PvP or in this instance one of your Twinks is for PvP only? Because you can have Twinks for PvE or just Twinks for looks. If you have a 50 main and you use all the gold and farming experience of that main to buy great items for your level 21 character, then that is a Twink. I could have a level 21 character that I obviously played to get to level 21 but didn't really invest the time to get great items. Then my main buys my alt the great items and bam, my level 21 has all pinks. That level 21 is now a Twink by definition.

Dip
10-23-2010, 07:02 PM
hmm from my short pvp experience... i made a pally twink for they just aint good enough...

seems like its owned by int bears and pure dex archers.;

Staffed
10-24-2010, 12:22 PM
yeah pallys have problems because they are not that strong

Drewl90
10-24-2010, 12:43 PM
thanks so much. plenty of us really need this as a guide.
a million thanks to you.

i hope it gets stickied! it'd be great if you could put up some pictures as well though. :)

Carter
10-24-2010, 04:06 PM
im going into strength and dex is this is smart thing i wanna be able to use bows how should i have my stats by lv 19?

Staffed
10-25-2010, 08:02 AM
Yeah I'll think about putting up some pictures as for the strenght and dex I'm guessing that would mean a bowbear. Bow bears work well, you'll do fine with that build. It might be hard to stand up to some of the int bears , but you'll be origianal.
Stats would be only on str and dex. I would probably do half and half but you could also try all dex and 11 str you would have very high crit and dodge.