PDA

View Full Version : dex/int?

markus
08-12-2010, 02:21 AM
Iam a android user who can not wait for this game to come out for my moto droid. I've been reading up so iam ready to roll when it dose and havnt seen any posts about a int/dex mage. Just wondering wouldn't that up the heals and dps by a lot. I fig int duh mage but the dex if you got enough would boost your crit rate by a lot? Higher crit/hit rate more dps hps? Just curiousso I know what class and spec to roll when it hits the droids. My wife made me quit wow and I was pretty heavy into the theory crafting side with my rogue.

Raxie
08-12-2010, 04:52 AM
well right now, pure intel mages suck because they can't get high armour, nor high dps. (mage weapons have high damage but have a slow attacking speed compared to other weapons)
until the new skill conversion update that is; which is boosting your skills/spells by having stats that is your character type. (eg. warrior with strength or eagle with dex)
i would suggest a dex mage or a strength mage. dex mages have the extra dps, critical and dodge while strength mages have the extra health and armour to tank hits.

markus
08-12-2010, 05:29 AM
The slow weps make up for it with high dmg and if said dmg crits it should be hot but is a dex mage very viable? I freaking wish I could play this game so I could try it out. I would think it would do ok, plus dodge for some defence.

Kalielle
08-12-2010, 01:36 PM
I have a dex mage and yes, they're viable. :D I changed from int mage to 48 int, 16 str and 190 dex (equipped) and found that with 2 Thoth (mana regen) items I can still use spells all the time like I did before, with only very occasional use of mana pots when things get really crazy. And now I can also do some decent damage with my attack while I'm waiting for the spells to recharge. Basically I still have my mage but gained an archer on top of that, and yes I'm somewhat fragile at 16 str but not any more so than a pure int would be.

You should get an iDevice and come play. It's a good game. :-D

markus
08-12-2010, 01:46 PM
I would but just got my droid and can't afford a new toy right now lol. Ill just have to wait for it to get to the droid market.......