PDA

View Full Version : The system to balanced classes.

LIGHTNINGLORD67
08-12-2010, 02:50 AM
Remember this key terms:
Overpowered = +1; Neutral = 0; Underpowered = -1

You are going to see something like this: (0,0,1) The first number is Bear. The second number is the Avian. The third number is the enchantress.

AoE Skills: (0,-1,1)
Single-enemy skills: (0,1,-1)
Buff skills: (1,-1,0)
Debuff skills: (-1,0,1)
HP-MP restore skills: (-1,1,0)
Mana cost for the skills: (1,0,-1)

In the skills section, All classes are balanced. Way to go devs!

AoE DPS: (0,-1,1)
DPS: (0,1,-1)
Critical: (-1,1,0)
Hit Percent Chance: (-1,1,0)
Dodge: (-1,1,0)
Damage (Not DPS): (0,-1,1)
Armor: (1,0,-1)
Mana Regen: (0,-1,1)
Health Regen: (1,-1,0)
Total Health: (1,0,-1)
Total Mana: (-1,0,1)

In the stats section, the avian is neutral, the bear has -1, and the enchantress has +1. Therefore, the enchantress has a slight advantage in the stats section.

I will try to keep this system as updated as possible. Thank you for your time reading this.

Raxie
08-12-2010, 05:08 AM
ok, this makes no sense.
i don't agree with most of the things; how is an avian underpowered in terms of health regen? and how is a mage neutral in health regen.
how is the avian underpowered in damage? are you serious? dex makes your damage go up, not your attacking speed.
i don't get it.

LIGHTNINGLORD67
08-12-2010, 01:03 PM
ok, this makes no sense.
i don't agree with most of the things; how is an avian underpowered in terms of health regen? and how is a mage neutral in health regen.
how is the avian underpowered in damage? are you serious? dex makes your damage go up, not your attacking speed.
i don't get it.

Allrigh, let me explain; no need to yell ;).

Avian is underpowered in health regen because DEX gives NO heLregen nor mana regen. Mage also gives no health regen, but it has a tremendous health restore skill,which makes it neutral. Avian has low DAMAGE, not DPS. It's DPS is high, but it's damage is low.

get it now? :P

LIGHTNINGLORD67
08-14-2010, 12:35 PM
Come on no one believes me? Think for a second, this would make sense....

Chickdigcookies
08-14-2010, 12:46 PM
i understand this...and kinda agree. except the dps, mages are OP cause the dps showend is single target..if you have 5 mobs thats xdps X number of mobs = OP

bmc85uk
08-14-2010, 12:49 PM
Although it's obvious where the classes need to be balanced, it's not quite as simple as rock, paper, scissors. Your system takes into account base stats, some of which actually contribute very little to the bigger picture compared to gear. It also only considers imbalance between pure classes, and I wouldn't necessarily agree with the results either.

To really balance the classes you have to take all 9 builds into consideration, but in my opinion with certain game mechanics the way they are, class balance will be very difficult, especially when it comes to PvP.

LIGHTNINGLORD67
08-14-2010, 01:09 PM
i understand this...and kinda agree. except the dps, mages are OP cause the dps showend is single target..if you have 5 mobs thats xdps X number of mobs = OP

What's OP???

Chickdigcookies
08-14-2010, 02:11 PM
What's OP???

overpowering

LIGHTNINGLORD67
08-14-2010, 08:06 PM
overpowering

Oh....whoa.