PDA

View Full Version : Character Slots..

Shuri
04-16-2012, 04:08 PM
Firstly, I'd like to mention this post has nothing to do with energy Missions or anything else but the character slots VIA same account.

Now with that out the window lets get started, Most DL players have seen me, Most know of me. However recently I got "stuck" per-say doing campaign runs. So I thought 'why not' I'll buy a character slot that way I can get another toon up and keep my money & items.. Nope, Not happening. That's a big dissapointment I understand it's a MMO but to restrict a toon of there high priced items? Don't get me wrong I've bought plat. I've done free plat you name it i've done it now. With that said I'd like to mention the "Second/Third Character Slots" this is by far the worse thing to do to someone who's spent real money on vanity items (Platinum ones) not only do you have to buy all these items again but you literally have to start again. really STS? I can't have my Aggression outfit on a new character? Not even my Nosferatou?? What about my Immortalius(Mystery Box).. Nope, I can't so much for that idea. So pretty much 50plat for a character slot just to start fresh and spend so many hours grinding, getting cash and everything else is wasted.

Don't get me wrong I'd be more than happy to wait another 24hours on the outskirts and do all the campaign all over again but to buy more platinum just to get my look back?

I've played PL and SL. Even capped SL without Platinum purchasing. Enjoyed it to the fullest and would gladly go back to it.. However my love is now DL but.. Vanity items and character slots..

Vanity items, Items that have no actual meaning in the game or stats and just a 'showcase' of how far you've got or how much you've spend to support STS.. I have the Raver set thats a 125k coin set besides hair Thats a total of near 300k coin whats around 1000 Platinum. You want me to throw in another $100 or so AUD to get it all again? No, That's wrong. Honestly. Either change the pricing of the vanity sets that have no real benefits in-game or let it be inter-changeable as in account bound character to character.

Character slots, Meaningless and pointless just to throw 50 Plat at if you want to start again..Completely.. See my issue?

Don't take this thread the wrong way STS. Nor comment on how I can "Play other games" because it's not about energy nor wait times it's about meaningless items in-game that have no beneficial attributes than a "look" of a character and how the actual character slot is worthless and pointless. In many other MMO's I've bought items and had them roll-over onto other toons however the only thing that rolls over is Plat.. Sad..

Bebsi
04-16-2012, 11:16 PM
Puuuh, I hope you could relax after this post xD

For your information, the weapons are interchangeable.
I just transferred my immortality weapon to my other char.
But money and vanity is not, unfortunately.
This I don't like either.

I hope that some things change later in the game.
ATM its a high society game or ....

See it from another point...

Many people complained about the waiting hours, yeah.
But what if this was intended from the start?
Meaning... While people get frustrated having to wait for energy they return back to playing PL and SL.
So their old games won't lose as many members as some expected with the release of DL.
While they actually earn a lot with making DL very expensive (to be competitive) they still have their babies save xD

Well, it's just a theory, but hey, there might be other MMOs In the future.
And taking a break from STS games once in a while is good too.
So when you come back there's new content and you are motivated to play again :)

Shuri
04-17-2012, 04:09 PM
Yeah, I know. I just found out the weapons are interchangeable however I just dislike the fact I have to get all my cash again and vanity if I wish to play the other gender :P

As for the wait times. I honestly don't care about them. And as far as energy goes it's going at a steady rate what's giving the balance of having to go back and socialize or log off, Every "Energy" based game I've played to-date has always had a X minute timer on them but that gives you the chance to take a break. Stretch your legs or watch a movie/TV instead of sitting on the pc all day xD

As for the platinum prices.. Honestly, They're fine to me. I see no issue as people need to make ends-meat because at the end of the day STS also have family's to feed, lol.
Anyway, I just wish vanity was transferable is all as it's expensive as is to get it and as Auction prices are excessively high, Hardly anyone buys due to the price in blood packs n_n

Ark
04-17-2012, 09:10 PM
I don't understand how they make people pay for Character Slots after reserving names for DL.. I wasted about 100 platinum on reserving names and then find out that we have to pay for character slots too? I think that's ridiculous. I'm just saying..

bronislav84
04-17-2012, 09:53 PM
Agree with you. I charged the 50 dollar plat option, and after just minutes of getting "the basics" I'm down to half.

Got premium character, a Stash expand by 75 and one character slot just because I have 2 names reserved. I'm basically not gonna use it until bank becomes shared and we have a reason to play alts besides something to do while waiting for main's energy to come back. There's no classes and respecs aren't THAT expensive compared to PL/SL, so once I settle on a build I like I won't need alts really, except to fool around maybe.