PDA

View Full Version : Returning Player Qs

kcimythgim
02-01-2021, 04:15 PM
Hey y’all, I’m returning after a long hiatus. I haven’t played since the lvl 76 cap, and it seems like a fair amount has changed since then. I’ve seen players talk about ESB, a “knock-off” ESB in the lvl 80s, and some new Max level ESB. How many different weapons have the cannonball proc now? Also, have these “knock-offs” tanked ESB prices, or is the ESB still a very sought-after item?

Spullllll
02-01-2021, 10:43 PM
Esb 71 is still a sought after item especially if its unenchanted. Enchants is a whole other topic, but it didnt do much to the value. Only weapons with the cannonball are the variations of the esb.

kcimythgim
02-01-2021, 11:14 PM
Do you know what the ESB variations are called? I heard one called something like Ironsides, but the other was just called "lvl 80 ESB knockoff" on forums

Spullllll
02-02-2021, 01:28 AM
Do you know what the ESB variations are called? I heard one called something like Ironsides, but the other was just called "lvl 80 ESB knockoff" on forums

The l110 version of the ESB is called "Old-Platinum Sides", and its rarity is arcane. The l80 one is pretty much the exact same thing as the 71 version except for the level.

Stephencobear
02-02-2021, 09:56 PM
Wcb! As another returning player, I have a couple things to add....

Merchers will swarm on U if they think u have old stuff n tell you stories about prices hoping to work you over.
I can imagine someone telling you the old esb isn’t important because there are new ones, or “it’s not rare now” to try to come up off you.

Also, some normally rare things aren’t worth much due to varying reasons like twink levels declining.
On top of that there are some ppl who regularly list things in auction at waaay overprice who make it hard for a new person to evaluate prices..
Be cautious.

Many things have changed.
Have fun, wb lel

kcimythgim
02-03-2021, 01:52 AM
Wcb! As another returning player, I have a couple things to add....

Merchers will swarm on U if they think u have old stuff n tell you stories about prices hoping to work you over.
I can imagine someone telling you the old esb isn’t important because there are new ones, or “it’s not rare now” to try to come up off you.

Also, some normally rare things aren’t worth much due to varying reasons like twink levels declining.
On top of that there are some ppl who regularly list things in auction at waaay overprice who make it hard for a new person to evaluate prices..
Be cautious.

Many things have changed.
Have fun, wb lel

Thank you! The economy definitely looks weird compared to when I last played. Lots of items also aren't on CS, or don't have many listings on CS, which does make it hard to determine accurate prices.

Spullllll
02-04-2021, 02:17 AM
Thank you! The economy definitely looks weird compared to when I last played. Lots of items also aren't on CS, or don't have many listings on CS, which does make it hard to determine accurate prices.

If you are looking to sell anything id be willing to pay reasonable prices if youve got some old rare stuff. Ill even wait a bit for you to get used to prices before i buy as well.

Vapourised
02-04-2021, 05:23 AM
The EWT is probably the best option if you want to get ur hands on a 71 elite. ESB is quite hard to sell because the main reason why poepoe wanted it was cos of the cannonball proc. You can just buy the old platinum sides for much less and get the same proc.

EWT on the other hand hasn’t ever been brought back as a recolour or anything. And it is the only weapon that can proc in towne

kcimythgim
02-07-2021, 04:12 AM
Ty, I appreciate it :)

Alphasemana
02-09-2021, 10:59 AM
You can proc other weapons in town by auto attacking the physical ewt proc. Not easy but do-able for sure :)