View Full Version : Combos

Swimmingstar
04-16-2012, 04:55 PM
Has anyone found any combos?

Coltona
04-16-2012, 05:44 PM
It would seem combos are achieved through continuously hitting the enemy with the attack button rather than actually hitting him with an order of skills. I'll be attacking someone and it'll randomly say Combo above the enemy, sometimes 2-3 in a row and maybe some special effect like ice on the enemy as they die.

Growwle
04-16-2012, 05:50 PM
My enemies are always exploding in a shower of blood, so I never notice.

TANKKAAR
04-16-2012, 05:57 PM
I agree with Colt, most combos that I have seen have been melee strike with normal attack? Atleast none that I have noticed have been in cunjunction with skills but have seemed way more random then previous games from STS... I will be trying this out in ctf though...lol

Swimmingstar
04-16-2012, 09:08 PM
Testing can prove useful, but it'll be a pain convincing everyone to sit and help test things.

Econodeath
04-17-2012, 07:39 AM
Ill hold em you hit em til they 3/4 dead.
I been wondering about combos as well in dl.
If we can't figure the combo out I say we bite them hard!

Zel
04-17-2012, 07:43 AM
I thought I'd put in my two cents, I just dinged 19 and I'm finding my 'combos' cause the enemy to burst into flame. It's a rather noticeable animation, so i know i would have noticed it before.

I'm not sure it's because of the TYPE of enemy I'm fighting, or my level though, as my level up coincided with starting a new zone (Red Light District). Fairly certain it isn't the weapon as i was using the same weapon last level.

KillaSkillz
04-17-2012, 07:46 AM
I think it is related to how long you charge the attack, or don't. Like full charge, half charge, tap etc. in successive hits. For sure different charges have different swings, not sure how to get it right all the time.

Zel
04-17-2012, 07:52 AM
I think it is related to how long you charge the attack, or don't. Like full charge, half charge, tap etc. in successive hits. For sure different charges have different swings, not sure how to get it right all the time.

Can you combo a charged attack? I mean, i charge attacks quite frequently but I've never seen one spark the little 'combo' message. You may be right, I just haven't seen it myself. Anyone else able to confirm/deny?

brokenikon
04-17-2012, 08:37 AM
If they're running any similar to the rest of the pocket games, its a mix of a skill, then an attack. Although, so far it's been "attack, attack, attack, COMBO, attack attack COMBO" Mindless button mashing for the win.

Zel
04-17-2012, 08:42 AM
Well, to be fair, attack in DL has been made to be a much more handsome option in comparison to the auto attack of other STS and mmo games...not only do you have to tap attack to strike, but you can mix it up with a charge, and your skills cost life to use, making them more double-edged. All this you know, I'm sure. My point being that it may seem mindless, but it's intelligent mindlessness :P. Combos only sparking off standard attack just sweetens the deal farther (which im guessing is their intention)

Irony
04-17-2012, 05:23 PM
Charged Dance + Charged Force causes target to start bleeding... you're welcome