PDA

View Full Version : IGN Buying

CursedGuyAL
02-02-2021, 02:11 PM
I believe sts should look more into this, there's tons of bought igns. No one is willingly going to give up a op 3-5 letter ign that's an actual word. Those people are going against the ToS and talking outside the game to buy igns with gold or real life money. This is just what I've noticed lately.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

picklewickles
02-02-2021, 02:25 PM
The problem is that there is no proof. I believe the only way for sts to determine IGN buying is the ingame chat because sts can read (and detect?) illegal activities. But if communication is going outside the game for example on discord sts has nothing to proof it was a purchase of an ign, it could have been a person quitting the game and giving the ign to a (real life) friend.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Oakmaiden
02-02-2021, 02:39 PM
Imo, one shouldn’t be able to change names. That would end this.

CursedGuyAL
02-02-2021, 02:51 PM
Imo, one shouldn’t be able to change names. That would end this.I agree, once an ign is on your account it's bound and can only be changed to other toons on your account.

Zeus
02-02-2021, 02:56 PM
I believe sts should look more into this, there's tons of bought igns. No one is willingly going to give up a op 3-5 letter ign that's an actual word. Those people are going against the ToS and talking outside the game to buy igns with gold or real life money. This is just what I've noticed lately.

While I don't disagree IGN buying is occurring, there are people (like me) who do give away IGNs that are pretty OP. I don't want to be put in the same basket as those IGN sellers.

I agree, once an ign is on your account it's bound and can only be changed to other toons on your account.

Some of my IGNs are bound to my account and this is a good way to go about things, IMO.

Redjellydonut
02-02-2021, 03:32 PM
Its gonna happen no matter what [emoji2371] its been happening since the beginning of the game. Remember that mass ban around 2016ish? Thats pretty much why. Imo they should just create a scroll in game where you can stash a name and make it tradeable. That way we can just eliminate third party sellers all-together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rare
02-02-2021, 03:40 PM
I agree, once an ign is on your account it's bound and can only be changed to other toons on your account.

Seems like it would be super easy to allow special characters and or numbers. That would probably alleviate a lot of the desire.

Oakmaiden
02-02-2021, 03:46 PM
Seems like it would be super easy to allow special characters and or numbers. That would probably alleviate a lot of the desire.
No ty, I don’t want to see my ingame name plus 1,2,3 on another player.

Rare
02-02-2021, 03:48 PM
No ty, I don’t want to see my ingame name plus 1,2,3 on another player.

well I mean its difficult to have originality and uniqueness but only a limited pool of names to choose from.

CursedGuyAL
02-02-2021, 05:21 PM
Its gonna happen no matter what [emoji2371] its been happening since the beginning of the game. Remember that mass ban around 2016ish? Thats pretty much why. Imo they should just create a scroll in game where you can stash a name and make it tradeable. That way we can just eliminate third party sellers all-together.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI disagree with tradeable names, one person could be a known scammer with that ign(As for a known scammers ign being passed around right now) and that causes alot of problems.

Redjellydonut
02-02-2021, 05:59 PM
I disagree with tradeable names, one person could be a known scammer with that ign(As for a known scammers ign being passed around right now) and that causes alot of problems.

Oh good point!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dualray
02-02-2021, 06:04 PM
Just take away the name changing.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

Encryptions
02-02-2021, 07:38 PM
well I mean its difficult to have originality and uniqueness but only a limited pool of names to choose from.Dictionary helps find many unused words.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Rare
02-02-2021, 07:48 PM
Dictionary helps find many unused words.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I guess. If that suits your fancy. Do people actually do that? Maybe once you’ve been playing for a while. But if you’re new to the game...

I’ve dropped games before even starting because it’s taken me more than a few minutes to find a free name.

Oakmaiden
02-03-2021, 07:55 AM
Knot creative? I made a new name recently,wasn’t difficult. Wasn’t taken. Was easy af. Maybe all new toon should get a generator name for 24 hours til your thought process kicks in and can pick a new name once.

Rare
02-03-2021, 11:06 AM
Knot creative? I made a new name recently,wasn’t difficult. Wasn’t taken. Was easy af. Maybe all new toon should get a generator name for 24 hours til your thought process kicks in and can pick a new name once.

Me? no I'm knot kreativ atol.