PDA

View Full Version : Hiding blood option?

Mastercon
04-16-2012, 08:06 PM
Hey guys I had a question. My 10 year old sister may start playing DL when it comes out for iOS, and when she tried it on my kindle, she didn't like all of the blood that sprayed from enemies. So, (title says it all) could you guys add a "hide blood" option? (I know, I know, its for older people than 10 years old.)
But anyway, there's my question. Thanks!
-Mastercon

Otukura
04-16-2012, 08:10 PM
+1, not for the same reasons, I just think its overdone.

Corpser
04-16-2012, 08:13 PM
but...but its a 17+ game :(
lol its a good idea but it is 17+ thats why theres so much blood

Fyrce
04-16-2012, 08:30 PM
I thought the whole idea of this game was the blood. That's why I was looking forward to it. Those who do not want blood can play the other games.

Otukura
04-16-2012, 08:33 PM
I thought the whole idea of this game was the blood. That's why I was looking forward to it. Those who do not want blood can play the other games.

The whole reason I like this game is the mechanics. The skills are unique, it's not all about grinding, it's nothing like PL/SL.

Shaocalur
04-16-2012, 08:41 PM
The game is rated 17+. Your 10 year old shouldn't even be playing in the first place. The game was rated 17+ because of the blood, lack of clothing, and the unrestricted chat. If you can't handle the blood there are plenty of other games with ponies and pretty rainbows.

Otukura
04-16-2012, 08:42 PM
The game is rated 17+. Your 10 year old shouldn't even be playing in the first place. The game was rated 17+ because of the blood, lack of clothing, and the unrestricted chat. If you can't handle the blood there are plenty of other games with ponies and pretty rainbows.

What about people who are over the age limit, and would like maybe half the blood there is?

Deathpunch
04-16-2012, 08:46 PM

Not to mention that by allowing someone underage to play on your device puts you in violation of the ToS and could result in a device ban. Coming on the forums and admitting it probably doesn't help, either. Just a word to the wise.

With that said, the blood splatters sometimes get in the way of the action, especially if you're carving up a fairly large mob.

-----
Sent from my MIUI HTC Evo 3D

RedRyder
04-16-2012, 10:00 PM
It's a bit much, but it doesn't block my view. So doesn't bother me.

Otukura
04-16-2012, 10:06 PM
It's a bit much, but it doesn't block my view. So doesn't bother me.

I guess the blood isn't my main gripe, its the red on the sides that obscures your view in PvP. Countless times I've had it so I can only see the middle eighth of my screen because of low hp, which becomes a real pain.

Blaquehaaart
04-17-2012, 03:53 AM
Frankly, I think all MMO's should be rated 17+

It's all just filled with racist hate speech, sex talk, trolling, and mom jokes. It's the inherent nature of MMOs and the internet in general.

Mastercon
04-17-2012, 06:22 AM
Yeah, I know this request is kinda stupid, but I was doing it for my sister's sake.
Thanks guys!

Shaocalur
04-17-2012, 06:49 AM
What about people who are over the age limit, and would like maybe half the blood there is?

Well, it's debatable. If people over the limit don't like all the blood then it can be removed. But I don't see the point in listening to a person that isn't even suppose to be playing in the first place.

Rare
04-17-2012, 08:54 AM
Frankly, I think all MMO's should be rated 17+

It's all just filled with racist hate speech, sex talk, trolling, and mom jokes. It's the inherent nature of MMOs and the internet in general.

Maybe its just me... but I rarely hear any of that.

Ripper McGee
04-17-2012, 10:26 AM

Not to sound trite, but play a different game. That's like going to a Rate R movie and complaining about the swearing and nudity. The blood is part of the theme of this game.

morfic
04-17-2012, 10:39 AM
there are plenty of other games with ponies and pretty rainbows.

*CLEARS THROAT*

Ponies and pretty rainbows just HAPPEN to be in DL as well. I would appreciate it if you did not talk about us with a condescending attitude.

TYVM SIR!

Wolves
04-17-2012, 10:45 AM
Even if the blood could be switched off there would still be mass decapitation and dismemberment.

If you can't handle the blood there are plenty of other games with ponies and pretty rainbows.

This game DOES have Pwnies and pretty rainbows... of BLOOD

Edit: ninja'd by the bloodiest rainbowiest pwnie of them all

*Zero*
04-17-2012, 11:15 AM
Lmao turn blood off?
Thats like going to watch Gladiator or 300 and saying wow great movies but wished the blood was turned off.
oh and there is alot of ponies aka Pwnies in DL spreading rainbows and sparkles to all.

Fyrce
04-17-2012, 12:11 PM

Yeah, that's why I like the 17/18+. Keeps more of that stuff out of DL.