PDA

View Full Version : Stats Please

FluffNStuff
04-17-2012, 11:42 AM
Some of us like figuring out the mechanics of games but the lack of data is making it quite tough. Don't understand why regen, hit percent, crit and dodge are hidden. I do understand why the flow of fight data is no longer streamed as that could be a lag inducer.
So, what I ask is for either stats to be unhidden, fight data to be an option to turn on in single player mode, or if easier, y'all could just tell us the relationship between the stats shown and the hidden stats.

Thanks!

flashbackflip
04-17-2012, 02:14 PM
Yeah! I've been askin in game - noone knows anything

and for us, old school rpg hardcore gamers such understanding is very important

morfic
04-17-2012, 02:24 PM
I agree. Please let us see our stats so we can break this thang down!

Snakespeare
04-17-2012, 03:34 PM
begiin... pleeeeease.... babywon'tyoucomeonehome... Stats please

Takezaki
04-17-2012, 04:03 PM
Agreed.

FluffNStuff
04-18-2012, 10:25 AM

bronislav84
04-18-2012, 12:23 PM
I wanna see all my stats and data floaters please.

Samhayne
04-18-2012, 12:35 PM
Sorry gang, the game was designed with a light to mid-core gamer in mind. As such, we don't bog them down with all those numbers. It's like, math, ya know?

morfic
04-18-2012, 12:39 PM
default = off. With an option to enable the math! :(

flashbackflip
04-18-2012, 02:20 PM
Sorry gang, the game was designed with a light to mid-core gamer in mind. As such, we don't bog them down with all those numbers. It's like, math, ya know?

Ok, agree, we might not need the dice rolls showed in console, but could u at least EXPLAIN the meanings and references of stats IN A POST?

FluffNStuff
04-18-2012, 02:39 PM

Making me do everything myself I see ;)

Got Regen (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?55666-Analysis-of-Health-Regen) Done!

undertheradar
04-18-2012, 02:51 PM

I completely agree. Let's leave the math to the other games (:

Conradin
04-18-2012, 02:57 PM
Couod you tell us the relationship on here?

flashbackflip
04-19-2012, 03:53 PM
I will bump it until we are given decent answers

The answer Sam gave us is not informative, if not to say rude (imo)

I think we have the right to know the relations of stats. It's not that much of a deal to post em here or in a separate post

csb
04-19-2012, 05:29 PM
I get the feeling that when DL was designed, the engineers were locked out of the room. All the useful stuff that an engineer would want is either hidden or missing. So, we have nice art, and the ugly practical things like numbers are hidden as much as possible. I'm sure some people prefer it that way.

I would actually like to be able to option on stats numbers displayed everywhere for everything, and it would be great to generate a log file during a fight so I can see the numeric details of the fight later in the log file. But, I think hell will freeze over before we get that.

flashbackflip
04-24-2012, 08:55 AM
And again - bump

Cjon
04-24-2012, 08:45 PM

Doesn't mean you can't make a post on the forums. And one reason that this information should really be provided is because of Curse/Dark Binding. If we don't know how much armor a person has, how can we know whether or not the effect of these abilities is significant? What's -10 armor if they have 1000 armor? Abilities say their damage don't they (although Fatal Burst makes no mention of the stun it has), why can't they say how much of an effect the -armor has?