PDA

View Full Version : C'mon Man (mages)

timeismoney1
04-17-2012, 12:21 PM
Whats up with all these mages who never bother to heal teammates. Frustrating!

dudetus
04-17-2012, 12:24 PM
Ur thread title is misleading.

Go figure ;)

Walkhardd
04-17-2012, 12:35 PM
A simple "heal please" should do the trick. If youre mean about, don't expect a heal. :)

timeismoney1
04-17-2012, 12:50 PM
Lol i do say that when i need healed :D

But when your battling a large group as a bear and a mage cant heal makes for a rough time

wvhills
04-17-2012, 12:54 PM
Lol i do say that when i need healed :D

But when your battling a large group as a bear and a mage cant heal makes for a rough time

What level are you? If the mages are brand players (they don't have any other high level toons) and low levels they may not be able to afford mana pots. At low levels they don't have any regen and need pots to replenish their mana. Also at low levels their heal isn't really that powerful and may not be able to keep up with the amount of damage you are taking. Once you get to level 25-30 there's not any reason they shouldn't be healing constantly though.

Walkhardd
04-17-2012, 12:55 PM
I feel ya. When I use my bear, I just make sure I have tons of pots. I don't expect to be healed in a random pug.

MrKrone
04-17-2012, 01:29 PM
When I make mates, the first six points I get I put into heal.

slaveleia
04-17-2012, 01:44 PM
Wow, here we go again....

:-/ Mages don't do their job, bears don't tank, birds dont kill!

Keep in mind, Mages do have to multi-task in battle like buffing, de-buffing, nuking, & resing besides healing. Maybe some don't heal enough but you can't rely on just mages healing you all the time. That's why every class carries health pots....u gotta spam those when the battle gets rough, some bad guys attack hard-fast.

Shellkaz
04-17-2012, 06:15 PM
I agree with you. I ran across a bear the other day who asked me if I knew that I could heal during a run. ?!?!? I told him of course I knew that and that he could count on me for heals. Turns out that poor bear had just finished running with a Mage who was running fang and didn't t know that they could heal during a run. !?!?!?! Now u know that to just get into fang u should be level 58 (im not counting the anywhere access pot) One of the sorry results of power leveling for new players.

Appleisaac
04-17-2012, 08:21 PM
For all you people who say he should spam pots: why should he have to spam more health pots then mages do mana pots? O.o

Rare
04-17-2012, 09:45 PM
I feel ya. When I use my bear, I just make sure I have tons of pots. I don't expect to be healed in a random pug.

Very true

Rare
04-17-2012, 09:46 PM
For all you people who say he should spam pots: why should he have to spam more health pots then mages do mana pots? O.o

Shouldn't "have" to. Its an unfortunate reality a lot of times.

Mothwing
04-17-2012, 10:01 PM
Of course this thread would be brought up again. You do not understand the duty of a mage. I think it is mine, and most of the mage community's biggest peeve to have players constantly say: "HEAL ME!", "REV!" Honestly, its annoying. We are not responsible for your deaths. If you're stupid enough to run out into a giant mob, I would be happy to let you die. Potions are probably the cheapest useful item in the game, i think you can get 1k easily from a few runs of CTK, and with that buy 100 health potions, after that SPAM THEM. I will take some responsibility though, I understand it is our duty to heal, but please, dont yell at us, boot us, blame us, for your deaths. It is hard enough to keep ourselves alive with half the health, armor, and dodge of a bear. So please, keep these threads GONE.

Nick41324
04-17-2012, 10:04 PM
I hate being in a FFA match on my tank bear bear and ALL I NEED MAGES TO DO IS HEAL!.. do they?... No. They run up, get nuked, and die within .0000003 seconds by dex birds. Do they learn by their mistakes? HELL NO! they run up and try it again lmao.

Same thing in PvE. You kind of expect the mages to do 1 of their very very few jobs. Heal, debuff, and rev. Maybe even throw in a few fire skills.

Mothwing
04-17-2012, 10:06 PM
I hate being in a FFA match on my tank bear bear and ALL I NEED MAGES TO DO IS HEAL!.. do they?... No. They run up, get nuked, and die within .0000003 seconds by dex birds. Do they learn by their mistakes? HELL NO! they run up and try it again lmao.

I think you should pvp with me :) the only spell i know is heal.

Nick41324
04-17-2012, 10:09 PM
I think you should pvp with me :) the only spell i know is heal.
IGN please!!! Lolz

I was beating bears (in fair 1v1's) wearing crafted sang and orlok today on my L61 orlok tank :P

Int Mages are usually a piece of cake in 1v1's :D

Swimmingstar
04-17-2012, 11:04 PM
IGN please!!! Lolz

I was beating bears (in fair 1v1's) wearing crafted sang and orlok today on my L61 orlok tank :P

Int Mages are usually a piece of cake in 1v1's :D

I'm afraid you haven't vsed some of us then...

Nick41324
04-17-2012, 11:20 PM
I have 1v1'd many mages in a public match. I have only 1v1'd 1 L66 Mage in a priv match tho. IiBlitz's L66. I probably shouldn't give the exact score, but I won

timeismoney1
04-17-2012, 11:38 PM
Whats ign mean?

razerfingers
04-17-2012, 11:39 PM
I have 1v1'd many mages in a public match. I have only 1v1'd 1 L66 Mage in a priv match tho. IiBlitz's L66. I probably shouldn't give the exact score, but I won

Dont judge blitz... He's my fwienddd :D

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Walkhardd
04-17-2012, 11:42 PM

He'd probably beat your 61 bear with his voodoo tho....haha

modredd
04-18-2012, 12:55 AM
I had this problem today were somebody called me stupid because I wasn't healing in time.
First off if you are dexterity bear and you are in Mount Fang with an amor of 85 don't come crying to me.
And do not expect me to heal you when you just called me stupid I have a mage that's lvl 66 and just because I'm playing a level 58 character don't assume I do not know what I am doing.
I never yell at any players nore tell them how to play buy your own potions and quit crying
:hopelessness:

CodyBearr
04-18-2012, 02:20 AM
This has always been a topic that kinda gets out of hand, as a Mage I have ran into some of the most annoying people yelling at me "REV!" and it's a pre set, some hit before they even completely die lol or saying heal over and over when I am non stop but I'm only Mage in party... I always spam heal, buff, & rev but when I'm told to or commanded to I'm not gonna and I'll prob leave party if they are the host

Appleisaac
04-18-2012, 05:42 AM
Whats ign mean?

In game name

Zamu
04-18-2012, 09:08 AM
I never seem to have anyone shout at me, i guess i do my job too well ;D

I understand it is our job to keep everyone healed up and bring you back ASAP, but please dont rely on us too much. By lvl 50+ you should have your own potions ready to use and know how to keep yourself running. Sure theres times when you will go down, but please be patient while we try to cope with the increased damage against us. Bears should take the damage, the mage keeps the bear healed up, and the bird kills the stronger mobs.

Dont shout at us when we die either, we dont have as much armour and nowhere near as much hp as you do. Aside from the "Mage's Curse", the bear is supposed to be the one tanking.

Just me 2 cents :)

modredd
04-18-2012, 09:19 AM
Has anyone ever seen somebody die inches from the beginning of the game and want to be resurrected and not just use the free resurrection at the entrance? Lol
:bee:
I've actually been told I'm a very good mage on my level 66 but when you get lower in lvl and mana regeneration it plays a big part and it becomes a little difficult.
I am a mage and I usually have 300 of each potions with me at all times.

razerfingers
04-18-2012, 05:49 PM
Has anyone ever seen somebody die inches from the beginning of the game and want to be resurrected and not just use the free resurrection at the entrance? Lol
:bee:
I've actually been told I'm a very good mage on my level 66 but when you get lower in lvl and mana regeneration it plays a big part and it becomes a little difficult.
I am a mage and I usually have 300 of each potions with me at all times.

You're a wonderful mage. :D

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Windwaiker
04-18-2012, 09:25 PM
I love when mages spam heal, but not everyone does. It's distracting to be attacking, healing and revving so I understand, but in special circumstances, I expect mages to heal. For example, we're fighting Nuri and the party is made of two birds and three mages. I've taken up the job tanking despit being a dex bird, and the first time we fought, I died from not being able to spam pots fast enough lol. The next fight, they realized that if I died they get aggro, so they healed without having me to tell them.

i still spammed a ton of pots that fight, so not everyone is stingy

Phoenixking
04-18-2012, 09:33 PM
Lol :o mages aren't supposed to heal pffft where did you hear this nonsense from, just kidding, but what if you die right infront of a Mage? Is it there fault they died, even if they where careful? No :o and they need Revive :o yeah, I think I explained myself enough :3