PDA

View Full Version : Timing out.

Takezaki
04-17-2012, 03:49 PM
In this game there is alot of ''waiting around'' and I think the timer for getting kicked out of the game to the main menu is way to short.

Often times I find myself browing the forum waiting around in the game to come back and find myself back to the log in menu.

It also happened once in a 3d mission while I was checking an information somewhere else.

I think this timer should be a bit longer. I'm on chrome by the way, not sure if it is the same on handheld devices.

Thanks! I'm having a blast by the way!

Cahaun
04-17-2012, 04:13 PM
Good idea. Sometimes I get kicked off on my phone for checking the time.

Takezaki
04-18-2012, 04:41 AM
Bump, this needs to be adressed.

Takezaki
04-21-2012, 07:29 AM
Up..

Takezaki
04-22-2012, 08:12 AM
Am I the only one facing this annoying problem?

Jugernugetx
04-22-2012, 08:23 AM
I agree.

Jig
04-22-2012, 08:23 AM
Happens to bad droid devices I bet they suck, get an iPhone/iPad/ or iPod!

Takezaki
04-22-2012, 08:26 AM
I have an iPhone 4s, but the issue is happening on Chrome browser.

plmafiaboss
04-22-2012, 08:34 AM
Happens to bad droid devices I bet they suck, get an iPhone/iPad/ or iPod!my droid is perfect ^_^

XchilangopwnX
04-22-2012, 08:57 AM
Umm then he will have to wait to play AT ALL...

Deathpunch
04-22-2012, 05:20 PM

You're right! Lets see if idevices have this issue. Fire up yours and start dark legen... Oh, wait, you can't even play it, can you?

-----
Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

Takezaki
04-26-2012, 06:21 PM
BUMP

Takezaki
04-27-2012, 01:24 PM
Can someone adress this issue? This is severly annoying.

Takezaki
04-30-2012, 01:24 PM

Shuri
05-01-2012, 05:27 AM
I've watched this been bumped without saying anything.. So here goes..

the game logs you out to stop the use of CPU processing on Devices/PCs. with the game still active the animations tend to jump your CPU severely high even more so on android devices causing the battery to die fairly quickly(Such they have a battery level metre)Don't even bother saying "Shuris phone must be crap" Anyway point is. The game logs you because STS doesn't want to be responsible for a pc error or phone melt down let alone a unprofitable scam attempt.

here are a few examples I'm talking about & Reasons:

1. Think of it this way. You have a game going all night on your phone, You have your charger in and it's constantly going 99%...100%..99%..100% it's ruining the battery. Same goes with laptops

2. PC wise the CPU goes the same and it could damage your systems hardware, Also another reason this mechanic is in game is to stop people from Multi-Tabbing and power levelling alt toons. and by power levelling I'm saying a level 3 in a level 20s run would be getting 1/2 the amount a level 20 gets and not what the level 3 usually gets(Money wise)

3. Also, The tabbing mechanic is done on most browser based games to stop the "Seller Bots" as this game has a macro option for text one can easily set a browser/phone overlay and minimize the program while the auto mover clicks the macro to spam the chat and as a lot of little kids play DL also they could be fooled into charging there parents accounts for 19,95 for say.. 9000 platinum and be scammed STS let that happen as its unprofitable on there end, it's labelled MMO after all and these bots are attracted to anything MMORPG related.

Hope this helps!

Takezaki
05-01-2012, 12:59 PM
Still I think 2 minutes before timing out is a bit too quick.

PablobobChan
05-02-2012, 12:23 AM
Yeah, I agree. Happens on my driod!

HunterSLAYER
05-02-2012, 02:43 PM
It doesn't happen on my droid and I have afked for 30 mins once.
I guess it's the network idle problem for non-ROOTED devices that causes ur device to go to slp within a minute or so depending on ur backlight time causing ur network connection on ur device to auto disconnect.

(Just my opinion, I'm not really sure about all devices as they use different kernels and firmwares.)

plmafiaboss
05-02-2012, 02:51 PM

You're right! Lets see if idevices have this issue. Fire up yours and start dark legen... Oh, wait, you can't even play it, can you?

-----
Sent from my HTC Evo 3Dlmfao!

Takezaki
05-02-2012, 06:41 PM
It doesn't happen on my droid and I have afked for 30 mins once.
I guess it's the network idle problem for non-ROOTED devices that causes ur device to go to slp within a minute or so depending on ur backlight time causing ur network connection on ur device to auto disconnect.

(Just my opinion, I'm not really sure about all devices as they use different kernels and firmwares.)

For the 3rd time, Chrome Browser.