PDA

View Full Version : Mage spell weakness bug?

Shellkaz
04-17-2012, 06:26 PM
A guild mate and I were in tiny tombs pvp map today testing the Mage spell nightmare.

Now first off neither of us are pvp players so if spells act differently I apologize in advance.

So we are testing nightmare and I was actually doing more damage to him without casting it that when I had cast nightmare. This was to the tune of over 100 points on a consistent basis, fire storm without the debuff - 309 was the max dmg we saw with several crits. Firestorm with the debuff - 168 was the max dmg we saw, and no crit.

My archer friend did not buff, and I could see the nightmare spell hit. And when he was credited with a dodge. The spell actually acted more like a buff than a debuff.

** I apologize for the wrong name in the title. After I posted I realized my mistake. I tried to change the title but I couldn't edit it :-/. Correct spell tested was nightmare.

Swords
04-17-2012, 07:30 PM
Maybe mob or boss did it? if it is a bug then contact support@spacetimestudios if needed

Shellkaz
04-18-2012, 06:04 AM
Nope, no mobs or bosses we were in a locked PVP map. It was just the 2 of us.

Appleisaac
04-18-2012, 06:19 AM
...wierd...

Buster
04-18-2012, 06:22 AM
Even though it dodged it still semi hit happens all the time with my mage

Shellkaz
04-18-2012, 01:54 PM
@ Buster, yep we understand that and that damage is reduced by armor, and that there is rarely the chance of a full damage, However in over 30 min of testing we never saw damage of higher than the 168 mentioned when the debuff was in effect. and no crits.

Straight firestorm with no debuff had damage that was almost doubled over the debuffed damage, AND, there were at least 2 crits.

I'm going to try and round up some friends for some more testing tonight. I'll be sticking with level capped archers & mages to try and recreate what happened originally.

Ixillicus
04-18-2012, 02:55 PM
So we are testing nightmare and I was actually doing more damage to him without casting it that when I had cast nightmare. This was to the tune of over 100 points on a consistent basis, fire storm without the debuff - 309 was the max dmg we saw with several crits. Firestorm with the debuff - 168 was the max dmg we saw, and no crit.

Nightmare doesn't have any effect on whether or not your attack will be a crit or not. The fact that you landed a crit of 309 and a regular shot of 168 don't really mean this doesn't work.

A crit doubles the damage you would have done. So think of it this way...
You did 309 (crit) without having debuffed him using nightmare.
When you did use Nightmare... If you're shot of 168 actually crit it would have done 336 damage. Which is more in-line with what you'd expect.

Or

If your shot of 309 (no nightmare) didn't crit, it would have done 154.
Compared to the 168 with the debuff.

I would have to go on and test to see for myself, but it doesn't necessarily sound broken. Keep in mind that even with extensive testing you might just be unlucky and see all hits at the low end of the damage range.

also: for the instance with the bird, if it said dodge, it means it didnt hit (even though it still shows the same little animation).

Shellkaz
04-19-2012, 06:31 AM
Yup, we understood all that when we started. :-). New question, is the debuff only good for the party members and not the Mage casting it? That could also have an impact on the results.

wasn't able to get in more testing last night. Pl was pretty deserted yesterday. Lots of people must be checking out Dark Legends.

Ixillicus
04-19-2012, 10:12 AM
Yup, we understood all that when we started. :-). New question, is the debuff only good for the party members and not the Mage casting it? That could also have an impact on the results.

wasn't able to get in more testing last night. Pl was pretty deserted yesterday. Lots of people must be checking out Dark Legends.

Well, the spell shouldnt have any effect on anyone in the party. It will only effect your enemies. It would reduce their armor and dodge for anyone who is attacking them