PDA

View Full Version : The loss of my best PL friend.....

iMaximus
08-12-2010, 09:22 AM
So we all know that PL is a great way to make new, digital friends. Like many others I made a friend with whom I've played PL for quite a while now. We've been through many adventures, quests and hunts for pinks. Over time we built quite a strong friendship in which we shared some personal real-life stories as well. I considered her my best PL friend, until today.....

Since the 1.3 update, it seemed that her game was crashing all the time, especially at AO2 Plasma Pyramid. So we were playing together today and there it happened.....her game crashed. She came back on and tried to join the game (which I wasn't the host of), but as you might have guessed....the room was full. So she says to me: Figures....game crashes and now the room is full. Not knowing how upset she was about it, I made a small joke saying: lol....owwwww (as in poor you...I feel ur pain (as I've been in the same situation so many times)). All of a sudden she lashed out at me saying: Lol? You think it's funny? F*ck you bitch!! And then she logged off. I didn't know what just happened and I thought she was joking.

Later on, I heard from another good friend of ours that I obviously pissed her off that much by saying that, that she gave away her account and decided to quit PL all at once. This struck me so dearly, as I considered her my best PL friend whom I played soooo many enjoyable hours with.

If the concerning person reads this, all I can say it that I'm so sorry and I never intended to hurt your feelings. I wish you all the luck if I never get to speak to you again...:(

Royce
08-12-2010, 09:31 AM
That's a sad tale. I hope it was not true that the person gave up their account. I have also been suffering from the crashes in AO2-5/6, and it is terribly frustrating, especially since it tends to happen right when you get to the bosses. Hopefully the devs will solve it (they already tried though it obviously didn't dothe trick).

Rarefew
08-12-2010, 09:44 AM
Thts why u don't say lol to everything

iMaximus
08-12-2010, 09:51 AM
I've learned my lesson, but of all things.....how could I have ever guessed that such a small....word....(it isn't even a word) could have such an impact? Especially since we have never had an argument of any kind before. Oh well......friends do come and go....but I wished this one hadn't.....

Rarefew
08-12-2010, 09:54 AM
She needs to chill. What did u guys loot in plasma pyramid

Chickdigcookies
08-12-2010, 10:14 AM
:(

sucks to know im part of this...

flaimdude
08-12-2010, 10:19 AM
Cool story, bro.

FluffNStuff
08-12-2010, 10:28 AM
:(

sucks to know im part of this...

How so?
The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters

Chickdigcookies
08-12-2010, 10:35 AM
How so?
The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters

i prefer not to mention, but:

"Later on, I heard from another good friend of ours that I obviously pissed her off that much by saying that, that she gave away her account and decided to quit PL all at once."

KingFu
08-12-2010, 11:14 AM
Are we ever gonna find out who this mystery girl is?

Sorry to hear that, but in all honestly, I think she seemed a little too sensitive, I mean, it's just one game. Still, sucks to hear that. :/

Kalielle
08-12-2010, 11:36 AM
Talk about an overreaction! It's easy to misinterpret things in chat, and "lol" can mean a lot of things just like a real life laugh or smile can mean everything from true amusement to a nervous laugh to an apologetic grin to an oh-thats-just-life-i'm-giving-up laugh. You shouldn't blame yourself for this. If she really was a long time friend, she should have at least stayed on long enough to give you a chance to explain what you meant.

KingFu
08-12-2010, 11:38 AM
I agree with that but I didn't want to post stuff about her saying that she was freaking, and way overreacted, since they just lost their best friend, ridiculous or not.

FluffNStuff
08-12-2010, 11:39 AM
i prefer not to mention, but:

"Later on, I heard from another good friend of ours that I obviously pissed her off that much by saying that, that she gave away her account and decided to quit PL all at once."

So your the middle man eh? And this person said specifically that they quit because of iMaximus, or perhaps they just quit because they were sick of getting disconnected? Oh, and once this person gave away their account, how did you hear from them???

KingFu
08-12-2010, 11:41 AM
So your the middle man eh? And this person said specifically that they quit because of iMaximus, or perhaps they just quit because they were sick of getting disconnected? Oh, and once this person gave away their account, how did you hear from them???

She probably told bean before she gave it away.

iMaximus
08-12-2010, 01:07 PM
Yes indeed, from what Bean told me, she told him that she was so pissed off at me. She helped me getting a thoth talon and now I'm laughing at her (Idk what exactly the link is between them that could cause that kind of reaction) and so Bean told me she gave away her account details.

Later on today, I saw her online again (I guess Bean is so kind not to have changed her login data). We were both joining Bean's game and she didn;t say anything. I felt that I had to leave bc it felt a bit uncomfortable playing with her as if it never happened. Wanting to get a reaction out of her I asked Bean if he could tell her to look at this forum and read my post. Maybe then she could see how I felt and that this is all a BIG, SILLY and UNNECESSARY misunderstanding.
Bean reported back that she couldn't care less so I guess the story is done......
The thing is....she is an adult already (20+).....a reaction like that from someone younger (I know that there are MANY younger players) I maybe could have understood more...no offence to the intelligence of younger people.....but at least....from an adult of her age....I would have expected a reaction as such.
I thought I understood her and vice versa.....I guess people can change in an instant and stab a dagger in your heart.
She really was a dear friend and even despite of this, I still won't say bad things about her, but I officially put an end to our friendship. It didn't need to go this way AT ALL.....but she left me a pain in my heart....that no Isis helmet or Isis leather can regen! EOS

~Itchybird~

FluffNStuff
08-12-2010, 01:20 PM
Yes indeed, from what Bean told me, she told him that she was so pissed off at me. She helped me getting a thoth talon and now I'm laughing at her (Idk what exactly the link is between them that could cause that kind of reaction) and so Bean told me she gave away her account details.

Later on today, I saw her online again (I guess Bean is so kind not to have changed her login data). We were both joining Bean's game and she didn;t say anything. I felt that I had to leave bc it felt a bit uncomfortable playing with her as if it never happened. Wanting to get a reaction out of her I asked Bean if he could tell her to look at this forum and read my post. Maybe then she could see how I felt and that this is all a BIG, SILLY and UNNECESSARY misunderstanding.
Bean reported back that she couldn't care less so I guess the story is done......
I thought I understood her and vice versa.....I guess people can change in an instant and stab a dagger in your heart.
She really was a dear friend and even despite of this, I still won't say bad things about her, but I officially put an end to our friendship. It didn't need to go this way AT ALL.....but she left me a pain in my heart....that no Isis helmet or Isis leather can regen! EOS

~Itchybird~

Well, the good news is she obviously did not sell her account. Send her a message in game yourself and apologize. Say that you were wrong and you are sorry.

iMaximus
08-12-2010, 03:02 PM
I just wanted to say that the person I am referring to in this thread and I have made amends. I knew that it wasn't as superficial as I thought. There were underlying circumstances in this persons life which I think built up to a climax where (sorry to say girl :p) I got victimized by. We just spoke again to each other and now I understand why she reacted the way she did and I'm at piece with it. So I guess I have to thank Isis for the regen :p

~Itchybird~

FluffNStuff
08-12-2010, 03:13 PM
I just wanted to say that the person I am referring to in this thread and I have made amends. I knew that it wasn't as superficial as I thought. There were underlying circumstances in this persons life which I think built up to a climax where (sorry to say girl :p) I got victimized by. We just spoke again to each other and now I understand why she reacted the way she did and I'm at piece with it. So I guess I have to thank Isis for the regen :p

~Itchybird~

Dude, do you crave punishment or something? LOL

iMaximus
08-12-2010, 03:16 PM
What???? I don't understand you. And I'm a girl :p

FluffNStuff
08-12-2010, 03:33 PM
What???? I don't understand you. And I'm a girl :p

Totally sorry, never mind. Was just suggesting if you were a guy, then apologizing to a girl like that would be dangerous.

iMaximus
08-12-2010, 03:35 PM
you and your dirty mind :p whahahaha

FluffNStuff
08-12-2010, 03:38 PM
you and your dirty mind :p whahahaha

Maybe my mind is also slow. How was it dirty?

iMaximus
08-12-2010, 03:40 PM
nvm...i don't think I understood what you meant :p Let's keep it to that :p

Furrawn
08-12-2010, 04:27 PM
IMAX-
Glad you made up with your friend. You did nothing wrong. I'm a girl and am sensitive. I'd not have been upset. If a game is full, it's full. It's not personal. And the best way to handle it is to shrug & say "lol" since she seemed to be making fun of the situation first.

There are adult ways to express anger and hurt. What she said to you at the end (**** you *****) was unacceptable. I've never had a friend say that to me- at least not say it and actually mean it lol:D

Glad you're friends with her again if it makes you happy. Just be careful. A true friend doesn't usually go off the rails at the first little bump...

Chickdigcookies
08-12-2010, 04:34 PM
zomg, i was mentioned...i feel important EVERYONE GET SOMEBREROS!!!!

KingFu
08-12-2010, 04:35 PM
zomg, i was mentioned...i feel important EVERYONE GET SOMEBREROS!!!!

Way ahead of ya, get the purple one with the cheetah print. Can you say P-I-M-P?

Chickdigcookies
08-12-2010, 04:36 PM
Way ahead of ya, get the purple one with the cheetah print. Can you say P-I-M-P?

nowai, black pl0x