PDA

View Full Version : An Honour System.

umarrahim
02-10-2021, 03:14 AM
Hi,

As one of my previous post mentioned about the challenges new players face when leveling up, and one of them problem is that not many people are willing to help new players because they have no incentive to do so.

I'd like STS to implement an honour system where people who help others are rewarded with honor tokens or APs, or both.

Each unique person can reward one token to someone daily in return for their help.

With enough tokens, you will be able to purchase items from the honour store.

Example:

1) Inventory Slots: 200 Tokens
2) Stash Slot: 200 Tokens
3) Auction Slots: 150 Tokens.
4) Flameforge weapons: 1000 tokens.
5) SnS, MunchMouth, Toor, Stampy: 2000 tokens.

Extra: Honour Vanity, and the title "Honourable" for 5000 tokens.

Extra 2: The honor vanity can be seasonal, and get removed from inventory at the start of each season so people are willing to help others every season, and so it doesn't become a one-time thing.

I don't think there will be a way to abuse this since 1 account can only grant 1 token per day, and if you are willing to help 2000 times to obtain one of the eggs, I think it's well deserved!

Edit: I have removed the LB Honor idea since many people suggested it will attract botters and scammers!

Sincerely,
Chaleze

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

xsilentninjax
02-10-2021, 03:21 AM
I don't think there will be a way to abuse this since 1 account can only grant 1 token per day, and if you are willing to help 2000 times to obtain one of the eggs, I think it's well deserved!

Botters: it's free real estate

umarrahim
02-10-2021, 03:27 AM
Botters: it's free real estateWhat about the eligible accounts to grant tokens has to be registered with a valid email, and has to be x days old, and at x level.

Botters can't make 2000 registered accounts easily, much less making each account lets say level 30.

And botting doesn't work well nowadays since the map PoV is random now.

Analytical
02-10-2021, 03:44 AM
+1 for the effort to help the new players community!

After being in forum for almost half a year, I noticed there are two main types of commenters when it comes to suggestions like these.

One is people who just point out the problem, they may sound like whatever you are saying doesn't make sense at all.
Two is people who tell you why the problem exist in your suggestion, attempt to give you a solution and hence adds to the discussion/possibility for it to work out.

Goal is to read from group number 2 and not get bothered by group number 1.

dynastygaming
02-10-2021, 03:48 AM
I appreciate that your trying but a man with influences can ask/pay their friends or any persons to give them tokens.

Gaurav Arora
02-10-2021, 05:03 AM
Hmm, interesting idea. It can make a great contribution in attracting and retaining newer player base. I think this idea should be appreciated more so that Dev notice this easily.
+1 from me.

umarrahim
02-10-2021, 06:21 AM
I appreciate that your trying but a man with influences can ask/pay their friends or any persons to give them tokens.It's only 1 per unique individual per day. The rewards aren't that amazing for someone with great influence to ask for some petty honor tokens!

flashio
02-10-2021, 06:31 AM
It's only 1 per unique individual per day. The rewards aren't that amazing for someone with great influence to ask for some petty honor tokens!

Ypu would be surprised what some ppl are capable of doing just to be in a lb.
Sorry this system would open a new window for scams and bottling so it's a - 1 from me.

umarrahim
02-10-2021, 06:41 AM
Ypu would be surprised what some ppl are capable of doing just to be in a lb.
Sorry this system would open a new window for scams and bottling so it's a - 1 from me.Then they can just not add the lb!

gilsooon
02-10-2021, 09:55 AM
Then they can just not add the lb!

just make the underhul/glintone mobs weaker and they wont need help in maps anymore.

arcanefid
02-10-2021, 10:22 AM
Hi,

As one of my previous post mentioned about the challenges new players face when leveling up, and one of them problem is that not many people are willing to help new players because they have no incentive to do so.

I'd like STS to implement an honour system where people who help others are rewarded with honor tokens or APs, or both.

Each unique person can reward one token to someone daily in return for their help.

With enough tokens, you will be able to purchase items from the honour store.

Example:

1) Inventory Slots: 200 Tokens
2) Stash Slot: 200 Tokens
3) Auction Slots: 150 Tokens.
4) Flameforge weapons: 1000 tokens.
5) SnS, MunchMouth, Toor, Stampy: 2000 tokens.

Extra: Honour Vanity, and the title "Honourable" for 5000 tokens.

Honor LB: Players with the highest number of honor tokens gets banner and bade, and maybe have the color of their name changed!

Sincerely,
Chaleze

The LB part is what will push the bad guys to abuse it in any way they can.

How about just help randoms and get no tokens, but each time you do, you get one step closer to heaven? :3

umarrahim
02-10-2021, 10:25 AM
The LB part is what will push the bad guys to abuse it in any way they can.

How about just help randoms and get no tokens, but each time you do, you get one step closer to heaven? :3Yeah, they can, not add LB. The tokens itself should motivate players to help others.

I think the Vanity should be seasonal. The vanity disappears from inventory at the start of each season, but in return the vanity is really cool and well-designed!

This way help will not be limited to one-time only. People will be helping each other every season!

Ohgeezy
02-10-2021, 10:30 AM
Dang i also need help in elite orick and hydra for my daily xp quest, considering im alone player, its hard to do orick and hydra, im currently lvl72 rogue, if anyone doing daily there add me in game ohgeezy/etkay

Saint Jaffo
02-10-2021, 10:38 AM
Ok, this is a great idea. I like it, and I like most of the suggestions you are giving. In my opinion, this would not work. As other players have stated above, this system would open a door to scams, botting, and other things. A good part of the players (me included) don't like to help low-level players on maps. My reason for this, is that I'm tired of running the same maps, and I think that a player level 76 helping a player level 46 in Ren'Gol, just takes away the emotion of playing. Back then when this maps came out, no one complained because it was something new and they were full of people. Nowadays, they are just an obstacle for reaching endgame.

are those maps alone now? -yes, most of the times.
should STS lower their difficulty? -no, they should boost the player with a level 46 gear chest that includes ring, necklace, belt, weapon, armor and helm.

As I said before, there's some of us that don't like helping around maps, but as there's people like us, there's also people that gladly helps, and I admire that people because I have no patience XD. Putting a system like this, is like telling people to be good with others so they'll be rewarded and will be heroes for the community. And helping is not about that. If you are going to help someone, it's because it comes out of your heart.

I know this is a game and some of you might think different than me, but helping to get rewards is not on my vibes. Therefore, I will say -1 to this idea.

umarrahim
02-10-2021, 10:46 AM
Ok, this is a great idea. I like it, and I like most of the suggestions you are giving. In my opinion, this would not work. As other players have stated above, this system would open a door to scams, botting, and other things. A good part of the players (me included) don't like to help low-level players on maps. My reason for this, is that I'm tired of running the same maps, and I think that a player level 76 helping a player level 46 in Ren'Gol, just takes away the emotion of playing. Back then when this maps came out, no one complained because it was something new and they were full of people. Nowadays, they are just an obstacle for reaching endgame.

are those maps alone now? -yes, most of the times.
should STS lower their difficulty? -no, they should boost the player with a level 46 gear chest that includes ring, necklace, belt, weapon, armor and helm.

As I said before, there's some of us that don't like helping around maps, but as there's people like us, there's also people that gladly helps, and I admire that people because I have no patience XD. Putting a system like this, is like telling people to be good with others so they'll be rewarded and will be heroes for the community. And helping is not about that. If you are going to help someone, it's because it comes out of your heart.

I know this is a game and some of you might think different than me, but helping to get rewards is not on my vibes. Therefore, I will say -1 to this idea.Giving players better gears, or lowering the map's difficulty are both great options.

But I feel that would be boring. MMO's truly shine when players work together, and help each other.

As you mentioned, it's annoying to play the same map over and over to help new players, it's because it doesn't benefit you.

If your are getting rewarded for helping others. You can both feel good about helping someone, and be rewarded for it!

The honor tokens are just a way of saying "thank you"

The problem comes when people are willing to bot and scam right? Well, scam and bots are still happening, there is not much of a reason for someone to bot, or scam for just inventory space!

I feel I should edit, and remove the lb portion. The lb portions are gonna be attracting most botters.

dynastygaming
02-10-2021, 10:48 AM
imo they should just

1. lower the difficulty of glinstone/underhul.

2. less xp to level up.

3. bring back the good ol days like loci farming in bracken, not necessary locks and bracken but the analogy of there is something for the new players to grind. since most grinding/ earning money is on endgame. It wont hurt aye?

umarrahim
02-10-2021, 10:52 AM
imo they should just

1. lower the difficulty of glinstone/underhul.

2. less xp to level up.

3. bring back the good ol days like loci farming in bracken, not necessary locks and bracken but the analogy of there is something for the new players to grind. since most grinding/ earning money is on endgame. It wont hurt aye?Those are good suggestion, but they seem kinda boring, no?

MMOs are supposed to be where the whole community play collectively, and have fun together!

Saint Jaffo
02-10-2021, 10:54 AM
Giving players better gears, or lowering the map's difficulty are both great options.

But I feel that would be boring. MMO's truly shine when players work together, and help each other.

As you mentioned, it's annoying to play the same map over and over to help new players, it's because it doesn't benefit you.

If your are getting rewarded for helping others. You can both feel good about helping someone, and be rewarded for it!

The honor tokens are just a way of saying "thank you"

The problem comes when people are willing to bot and scam right? Well, scam and bots are still happening, there is not much of a reason for someone to bot, or scam for just inventory space!

I feel I should edit, and remove the lb portion. The lb portions are gonna be attracting most botters.

You have 2 good points, and I will tell you which they are.
1. MMO's shine when players work together. That's the magic of this type of games, and the reason why I play some others, because in AL I don't run maps anymore. The problem in AL is that the new player community is low, or they don't know much about the game nor that a forum exist.
2. Botters and scam are still happening. You are right, this happens every day so I can not throw a counter argument to that part.

dynastygaming
02-10-2021, 11:01 AM
Those are good suggestion, but they seem kinda boring, no?

MMOs are supposed to be where the whole community play collectively, and have fun together!

teamwork will follow because the retainment of new players will boost and they will meet in maps and help each other :). tokens are ok idea but practically wont work because new player can only reward 1 token daily? that means he can only be helped once and on what degree? practically some new player would ask to "hi help me for 10 maps and Ill give token" and practically I wont help and sweat doing that for 1 token and surely most really wont.

umarrahim
02-10-2021, 11:21 AM
teamwork will follow because the retainment of new players will boost and they will meet in maps and help each other :). tokens are ok idea but practically wont work because new player can only reward 1 token daily? that means he can only be helped once and on what degree? practically some new player would ask to "hi help me for 10 maps and Ill give token" and practically I wont help and sweat doing that for 1 token and surely most really wont.Yup, both players can make an agreement before the "help" starts.

If the new player ends up not giving away the token, well atleast you helped someone, right?

dynastygaming
02-10-2021, 11:48 AM
Yup, both players can make an agreement before the "help" starts.

If the new player ends up not giving away the token, well atleast you helped someone, right?

nope, no will help lol even if its 10 tokens, also are bored in glintstone/underhul those stunning beatles and sticky pool which slows.