PDA

View Full Version : engi without rev?pffff....kill him)))

PurrPurrPurr
04-18-2012, 05:07 AM
Hi guys,its Alice.one more time writing here))today i laughed a lot))i decided to use experemental pure dps build for my engi-without revive))ye,without rev and heal))just to have fun))its just a game,yeah?but when i was partying and telling others that i have no rev some ppl told me that I'm selfish,stupid,etc.why?because no rev))so as i can see engineering r kinda slaves,yea?just heal and rev...blablabla...and if i don't want to heal and rev,but still want to play engineering?(gloves r really nice;))so guys-r engineering slaves of other??and how bout remembering that its just a game?))everybody plays as he or she wants))with love,purr)

OvigorothO
04-18-2012, 05:40 AM
I think it completley up to you whether or not you want these skills mapped but the reason you have them is not to be a slave but to make sure that the team isn't falling apart. when someone dies and has to run back this really slows things down since you have one less person doing damage for a while. (especially important UN. in big maps). I'd have to say engineers have a very important role in the game, but its still completely up to you whether you want those skills.

PurrPurrPurr
04-18-2012, 05:53 AM
Just the same thing that in pl)btw pure dps build sux XD.so now I'm playing support lol.maybe now i will not be stupid and selfish lol ;)

Mitchturbo
04-18-2012, 05:59 AM
Lol *stabs ALICE... Twice... Three Times...* Dieeee!!

Welcome to the Dead! Now you shall have to join us! :-D

Congratulations on being an Independent Engineer! You'll be truely free to do whatever you like now, but you might find yourself having to mute certain players and find your self randomly booted back to Blackstar! LOL It's all Good Ya! Excellante!

KillaSkillz
04-18-2012, 06:35 AM
An engineer without revive is about as useful to a team as a commando that doesn't tank, or an operative that doesn't separate hard targets an focus kill them. I wouldn't name call or say it wrong to play the way you want, but I would boot a player like that from my game who is not playing as a team player. I would expect that would happen alot or people leave the game early, especially in a random party run. I think I saw an engie on the weekend said that they didn't have rev. Or heal, maybe it was you? :)

Anyways you may have noticed by not reviving, people laid there a bit then left the game after they died. And it kept happening over and over. You can't expect people to want to play with you (although they don't have to be mean or nasty about it) in a game if that is how you decide to build your toon.

PurrPurrPurr
04-18-2012, 07:18 AM
No)i was in dL this wekend)btw,now playing as full support makes my party just running through lvl without deaths as fast as wind)so NOW i think that support engi is the best)but playing dps was fun XD

morfic
04-18-2012, 08:25 AM
Lol. PurrPurrPurr, who cares who doesn't like it?

My engi hasn't had revive in months! I swapped to a pure PvP build, and I hate CTF, so revive is worthless. I LOVE when people get all pissy because I am not reviving them in a dungeon. It's one of my small joys in SL.

Enjoy it, and laugh at them as they rot.

Kanozaki
04-18-2012, 09:45 AM
Lol. PurrPurrPurr, who cares who doesn't like it?

My engi hasn't had revive in months! I swapped to a pure PvP build, and I hate CTF, so revive is worthless. I LOVE when people get all pissy because I am not reviving them in a dungeon. It's one of my small joys in SL.

Enjoy it, and laugh at them as they rot.

note to self boot morfic on sight (:

lol and pur its upto you but even i would get mad if an engi in my team didnt have the important skills for an engi. The only time i would make exceptions were if they were a pvp engi like morifc or a solo toon for kills. If you plan on playing in teams please have empathy and revive lol because our basically useless if you dont have those 2 skills.

PianoWizzy
04-18-2012, 10:57 AM
*alarmed by topic title*

*makes note to self to ensure instant booting*

So that..... I won't ever have to work with you.... and have game rage for the entire day....

PurrPurrPurr
04-18-2012, 11:17 AM
lol)i liked the comments)now I'm playing with rev and empathy))soloing is not so fun as teamplaying,cuz just for me its necessary to talk and communicate))i really luv people XD so luv me pleeeeeease)) XD btw add me in pl dl sl)

Commanderkeen
04-18-2012, 11:19 AM
I say go for it its your toon and you can do whatever you want. All these comms and ops need to get in their minds that a rev & heal come by are grace only if we don't wanna rev or heal we're not gonna rev or heal.

morfic
04-18-2012, 11:24 AM
+1 keen. Seriously, who cares if you have to revive at the entrance?

All engi's should have empathy... thats a given. There is not a single reason NOT to have empathy.

But revive is conditional. There are reasons an engi MIGHT not have it. If you boot an engi, because you are too lazy to walk back from the start of the mission (Like engi's have to do if they die), then you are doing us a favor by booting us! I'd rather not team with such nonsensical people. ;p

I might start a movement to kick any OP/Mando who doesn't have a particular skill that I like. Preferably one that is not that useful to that class.

Mitchturbo
04-18-2012, 03:38 PM
Like The op and commando push tech when facing Mysterious Figure!

Slant
04-18-2012, 03:47 PM
yeah pretty much had a "dodge tank" build for engie when slouch-o was cap, no rev, no prot, no emp...
stopped being fun real quick. but a lot of times just use decay or wither first and you dont really need to worry about anything else later.
few engies in runs who dont pot but use tranf beautifully

iAmPain
04-18-2012, 06:49 PM
i dont like u naming engi's as slaves.. idk y some ppl are like that, but in my l40 engi alt i had no problem. it had no heal and rev.but still i was loved by other players (cus i help speed up the game lol)

akfury
04-18-2012, 09:12 PM
+1 keen. Seriously, who cares if you have to revive at the entrance?

All engi's should have empathy... thats a given. There is not a single reason NOT to have empathy.

But revive is conditional. There are reasons an engi MIGHT not have it. If you boot an engi, because you are too lazy to walk back from the start of the mission (Like engi's have to do if they die), then you are doing us a favor by booting us! I'd rather not team with such nonsensical people. ;p

I might start a movement to kick any OP/Mando who doesn't have a particular skill that I like. Preferably one that is not that useful to that class.

sounds fun !

Cahaun
04-19-2012, 06:48 PM
lol Morfic

Morfic - "Hey, op! You have Lurch?"
Op - "No. Why?"
*Boot*

ThousandSun
04-20-2012, 09:41 AM
Nice Fudge them. Rev is a gift not a rite besides the one holding the power of life should be protected not left to dodge mines or get targeted cus a com decides he/she is to important to die for some reason.

Taipan
04-20-2012, 04:51 PM
This is why it annoys many ppl (including myself) when an engineer doesn't have rev... or heal
When an operative or commando dies, they have no power to help the group... especially for commandos, they cannot tank, therefore ops are getting all aggro from a mob (he'll be dead in a matter of seconds) the whole group will end up dead, and on large levels (such as Voleria) people that don't have 24 hours a day to waste on a game (or $$$/platinum to waste on revive/revenge) will have to walk back wasting time, and possibly enhancers.

flashbackflip
04-20-2012, 05:33 PM
I'm sorry to tell ya, but yes - engies and coms are slaves lol

The only independent class is operatives

leaf420
04-22-2012, 11:42 AM
Want to Dps? Roll an operative. The 3 classes have a symbiotic relationship in group instancing. Everyone depends on the engineer to keep their asses alive while they either absorb damage (com) or deal damage (op). An engineer that doesn't heal or revive doesn't have a place in current group dynamics. Each class is a "slave" to their role on the team. Ultimately, play how you want, but don't get upset if you get booted for taking up a space in the group.