PDA

View Full Version : Need help with my character [What kind of]

NiZii
04-18-2012, 01:15 PM
So, since i've been playing this I enjoyed the game a lot!
But now my question is, what's the best character or account type?
Are it hybrids? tanks? (if you even have that in this game)
I want your opinion and give me some reasons why, so I can choose wisely.:highly_amused:

1 Problem I have a mage lvl 32 with BASE STR 1, BASE INT 152, BASE DEX 12.
So I have 3 platinum and can change these stats.
First I was thinking about a mage but with maxed dex.
But what's really the best?

Please help me out.:semi-twins:

Windwaiker
04-18-2012, 03:01 PM
There is no best, because each class is balanced. Just play whatever you like most, or play all of them! :D

From what I know, Str increases survivability(health and armor) and dodge.
Dex increases hit%, critical, and damage
Int increases mana, mana regeneration, and slightly less damage than dex.

So, for mages, pure int is awesome for spell damage and healing, but then you're the least protected and most vulnerable. Adding strength can help survivability, but of course, damage will be less. Adding dex will give you better weapon DPS, but not so much spell damage.

As you can see, this game has a lot of checks and balances to keep each class fair. If you want to be a tank Mage, then you can go Str/int hybrid. There's a ton of options to go. The only thing I wouldn't recommend is a bear or bird with all Int.

Appleisaac
04-18-2012, 04:37 PM
So, since i've been playing this I enjoyed the game a lot!
But now my question is, what's the best character or account type?
Are it hybrids? tanks? (if you even have that in this game)
I want your opinion and give me some reasons why, so I can choose wisely.:highly_amused:

1 Problem I have a mage lvl 32 with BASE STR 1, BASE INT 152, BASE DEX 12.
So I have 3 platinum and can change these stats.
First I was thinking about a mage but with maxed dex.
But what's really the best?

Please help me out.:semi-twins:

I'm no expert on mages; however, I'm pretty sure that int should be your number one priority :). When I'm in a group (as a bear) I can usually tell when a mage doesn't have enough int. Int will raise your healing spells and nuking abilities.

IMO you shouldnt go int/str. I like pure int and int/dex, but str mages just don't seem as effective. (if your an str Mage don't be offended ;) I might have just not met any of the good ones.)

timeismoney1
04-19-2012, 09:04 PM
Most mages i run with have crazy int

Swampy
04-19-2012, 09:26 PM
Most mages i run with have crazy int
For mages go full int. Awesome damage and skill damage. Nuke mage FTW!!!

If you have a bear go int/str because I AM an expert and know int bears are THE BEST. :D Lol

Ambrogino
04-19-2012, 09:39 PM
There is no best, because each class is balanced. Just play whatever you like most, or play all of them! :D

From what I know, Str increases survivability(health and armor) and dodge.
Dex increases hit%, critical, and damage
Int increases mana, mana regeneration, and slightly less damage than dex.

So, for mages, pure int is awesome for spell damage and healing, but then you're the least protected and most vulnerable. Adding strength can help survivability, but of course, damage will be less. Adding dex will give you better weapon DPS, but not so much spell damage.

As you can see, this game has a lot of checks and balances to keep each class fair. If you want to be a tank Mage, then you can go Str/int hybrid. There's a ton of options to go. The only thing I wouldn't recommend is a bear or bird with all Int. Dont mean to troll but the classes arn't balanced at all. The mages are they strongest class after level 23 IMO especially in pvp.

KingFu
04-20-2012, 01:38 AM
For mages go full int. Awesome damage and skill damage. Nuke mage FTW!!!

If you have a bear go int/str because I AM an expert and know int bears are THE BEST. :D Lol

Int/dex is far more effective all around...

Griffinfan
04-20-2012, 09:22 AM
I would say go full Int, when you have full int your health and mana regeneration is unrivaled, also your mana itself is insane, which helps when you are running things like the mana shield.

As far as "Tank Mage" or "Dextrantress" in all reality these setups are mainly used for PvP, I don't see many mages in fang with these set ups, its mostly full Int. Its up to you though!

Windwaiker
04-21-2012, 09:56 AM
Dont mean to troll but the classes arn't balanced at all. The mages are they strongest class after level 23 IMO especially in pvp.

Hmm, I dont pvp at all so I'm only speaking from a pve perspective. But I don't think mages are that much stronger in terms of skills and stats.

Appleisaac
04-21-2012, 08:21 PM
Dont mean to troll but the classes arn't balanced at all. The mages are they strongest class after level 23 IMO especially in pvp.

Actually I would say that's completly false ^_^ A party full of mages will die instantly. You need bears and burdies.

Phoenixking
04-21-2012, 08:23 PM
Str bird, int Mage int dex Mage int str Mage, that's the only ones that are In my opinion op

birdmasta
04-29-2012, 06:25 PM

ummm...they are pretty balanced in pvp at lvl 40 and up. at 30-35 unbalanced 20-26 bear and mage rule, 30 balanced(bird is a little hard but i did pretty good so...) 10-20 bear and mage (mage is pretty hard to handle but youll get there) and yea thats it