PDA

View Full Version : Analysis of Health Regen

FluffNStuff
04-18-2012, 02:37 PM
I decided to do an analysis of the relationship between health, defense and regen. To accomplish this, I needed to have a known amount of health regenerate, and to time it for various combinations of health and defense. To get the value, I used my skills to wipe out my health until none of my skills were accessible. I then waited for my lowest cost skill to become active, and timed the amount of time it took from that point till when my next skill became active. This gave me a basis to calculate regen for a number of different combinations until I found a trend. So, enough of that, on to the results:

Your health regen is solely based on defense
You start with 1 health per second regen
You get to 2 health per second at [128-132]* defense
Regen Rate can be calculated as 1 + (Defense/130*)

*I can not positively say the exact number between 128 and 132 due to click delay effects on the timing.

Edit: I adjusted for the click delay using the intercept and got closer 130 for regen number.

Irony
04-18-2012, 03:03 PM
Nice Job! Does defense have any effect on health regen if it's below 130?

FluffNStuff
04-18-2012, 03:06 PM
Nice Job! Does defense have any effect on health regen if it's below 130?

Yup, it is a scale, so at 0 defense, you have 1 regen, at 32 you have 1.25 regen, at 65 you have 1.5 regen etc.

Cahaun
04-18-2012, 03:29 PM
I have 170 armor so what regeneration speed should I have?

FluffNStuff
04-18-2012, 03:44 PM
I have 170 armor so what regeneration speed should I have?

~2.3 health per second

Iaceden
04-18-2012, 04:13 PM
Awesome! Nice work:)

Zel
04-18-2012, 09:28 PM
FluffNStuff, your work always impresses me.

I find it interesting that in a game where just about every mechanic surrounding health works as a %, that this would be a static number. My immediate thought was the viability of stacking defense when playing as more of a support role (using Curse, Dark Binding and Vermin Swarm), to allow for maximum casts in a taking-no-damage senario (in a group, for example). Especially given that these 3 "support" abilities don't scale with the damage (and by extension attack) stat and stacking health is moot for a more ranged vamp.

Exar0s
04-18-2012, 09:51 PM
Good work friend! Now if only we could figure out Attack vs. Damage

Lady_Pebbles
05-04-2012, 04:07 PM
Good work friend! Now if only we could figure out Attack vs. Damage
Dev posted in another thread a while back saying dmg adds hella dmg to skills and weapon where as atk adds critical chance, some dmg, and aim.

Lady_Pebbles
05-04-2012, 09:44 PM
I was really curious about this so I gave it a shot with all regular dropped level 20 protective pinks gear which gave me 845hp & 190def at level 21. Also, all of my skills are level 1 with the exception of my passive skills. It was great for PvE but sucks for PvP.

In PvE the hp regened good enough that while on a solo & with a friend in The Cultivist mission, I did not have to feed. However, after it was completed I had half hp full. When standing still it regened faster than when moving.

In PvP I was more vaulnerable, died faster & had less kills. I played the way I normally do and used the same strategy/strategies in both CtF & DM while testing it out. My hp did -not- regen fast enough, in fact it drained faster.

The defense and attack combo was also tested and had pretty much the same results so I still think the best bet is a balanced out stat build for both PvE & PvP. If you have lets say 1k hp, a def of 135-150 seems to work pretty good with atk and dps around 80s+ and dmg at around the 50s+.

Hope this helps ya out with the hp regen info! >__<

HunterSLAYER
05-14-2012, 01:18 PM
POST can't be seen on Xparent Tapatalk. Lady_Pebbles

Change the color?

Sent from my LT26i POWERED BY DOOMKERNEL! via Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk
~Making Snapdragons fly HIGHER and FASTER! :D

Physiologic
05-21-2012, 12:47 AM
Nice observations Fluff. Seems like regen will make more of difference when the level cap rises, at least for PvE. Probably not as much for PvP since skills are so overpowered even at lower levels that regen is negligible. This was probably already asked and answered before, but will there be visible numeric damage rolls for this game?

FluffNStuff
05-21-2012, 09:25 AM
Nice observations Fluff. Seems like regen will make more of difference when the level cap rises, at least for PvE. Probably not as much for PvP since skills are so overpowered even at lower levels that regen is negligible. This was probably already asked and answered before, but will there be visible numeric damage rolls for this game?

First off, WELCOME BACK (Assuming you are back).
Unfortunately, got this in another thread:

Sorry gang, the game was designed with a light to mid-core gamer in mind. As such, we don't bog them down with all those numbers. It's like, math, ya know?

Which is what is making it really hard to get a grasp on what actual stats do.

Physiologic
05-21-2012, 06:00 PM
An option in the options menu to Disable Damage Counter would be nice.