PDA

View Full Version : Ambassadors of Carvina

Airrie
04-18-2012, 04:15 PM

Welcome both new and experienced players!

With the success of both Star Legends (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?51198-Ambassadors-of-Blackstar-Mission-Statement-and-Guidelines) and Pocket Legends (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?47633-Ambassadors-of-Alterra-Mission-Statement-and-Guidelines) ambassador programs, we would like to introduce to you Ambassadors of Carvina! (tentative title)
If you aren't familiar with any of our ambassador programs, our core mission is welcoming new players into the game. We guide, offer advice, and friend those who have just joined us.

Dark Legends Ambassadors will also sharpen their skills with PVP matches / structured tournaments and host events and parties as a group open to the public!

I'm very excited to present this to you all. :tyrannosaurus:
We expect to have GUILDS soon, and new boards will be created for applications soon as well!

Be sure to check back for more details throughout the week! :cool:

/ / Airrie

RedRyder
04-18-2012, 05:25 PM
Nice, can't wait!

morfic
04-18-2012, 05:27 PM
Now this is an ambassador program that I can sink my f..... no....NO... I am not going to go there.

But I might apply for this. ;p

Aculeas
04-18-2012, 05:29 PM
*shifty eyes*

Lowlyspy
04-18-2012, 05:31 PM
This soon after the game has launched is not a good time for AoC's to come out. Very little is known about good builds, pvp, and things that newbies and experienced (a term I use loosely) players might need to find out, such as execution locations.

Not saying I disagree with the program but this early into the game I just don't think it will do well.

Walkhardd
04-18-2012, 05:39 PM
This soon after the game has launched is not a good time for AoC's to come out. Very little is known about good builds, pvp, and things that newbies and experienced (a term I use loosely) players might need to find out, such as execution locations.

Not saying I disagree with the program but this early into the game I just don't think it will do well.

I agree/disagree

You are right as far as ideal builds for pvp, but I think we know enough about the game to explain it to brand new players.

Cahaun
04-18-2012, 05:44 PM
Yea it's never too early. I just introduced a new player to the things around DL and the other two Legend games. She loves SL now lol! ;)

NYCFanMan
04-18-2012, 05:45 PM
Awesome Can't Wait!!

Late
04-18-2012, 05:47 PM
The series goes on

Elyseon
04-18-2012, 05:56 PM

Agreed, we would just look dumb at this point. Ppl would ask question we dont know yet and we are still figuring it out ourselves

Swords
04-18-2012, 06:05 PM
Wil The aoc also have party hats available to everyone? anyways how much plat will guilds cost? riht now i have 0

Gluttony
04-18-2012, 06:13 PM
Wil The aoc also have party hats available to everyone? anyways how much plat will guilds cost? riht now i have 0

No guilds yet, see I'm helping the means already!

Swords
04-18-2012, 06:18 PM
No guilds yet, see I'm helping the means already!

Means of guilds lol

Late
04-18-2012, 06:25 PM
helping is hard work :p

dugantale
04-18-2012, 06:37 PM
Imma apply! :)

Late
04-18-2012, 07:25 PM
I like how it's pl first SL second and dl third
Aoa, aob, aoc
A B C

Theminecraft
04-18-2012, 09:09 PM
Cant wait for this group of ambassadors :vsmile:

Xionskull
04-18-2012, 09:22 PM
Im going to look forward ta dis!

Phoenixking
04-18-2012, 09:23 PM
Aoa, aob, aoc
A B C
Do you think they did this on purpose? :3

Lowlyspy
04-18-2012, 09:29 PM
So I take it everyone is so preoccupied with the prospect of gaining a title that the ability of the ambassadors to actually do their job is just getting thrown out the window? Come on, no one else thinks we should give the game a little more time to be broken down so the future ambassadors will actually know what they are talking about?

Exar0s
04-18-2012, 09:31 PM
Awesome!

Walkhardd
04-18-2012, 09:47 PM
So I take it everyone is so preoccupied with the prospect of gaining a title that the ability of the ambassadors to actually do their job is just getting thrown out the window? Come on, no one else thinks we should give the game a little more time to be broken down so the future ambassadors will actually know what they are talking about?

Sam has already pointed out a few times that this game is meant for more casual players. It doesn't seem to me like theres a whole bunch of things to break down.

I don't see anything wrong with a group of players willing to help or answer some questions for brand new vampires.

Bilaxman
04-18-2012, 09:53 PM
Aoa, aob, aoc
A B C

Will the next ambassador group for STS' new game be called aod? That would make it A, B, C, and D!

Lowlyspy
04-18-2012, 09:58 PM
I don't see anything wrong with a group of players willing to help or answer some questions for brand new vampires.
Neither do I, I support the program wholeheartedly. However, having been an AoA myself, I can attest from personal experience that people will ask a wide variery of questions and wouldn't it be better if we can be sure that the future applicants have the knowledge to be prepared for all sorts of questions?

Airrie
04-18-2012, 11:11 PM
Hi Lowly (and everyone else),

I definitely do see your point and everything said is put to consideration. The process from a technical side does take a bit of time (getting everything setup) so there's definitely a little more time before everything is up and running.

Keep in mind that even with the other programs, we never alienate less-experienced players. It's never expected for anyone to know everything. I think right now what the community team is looking for is the right kind of attitude. All of this and more will go into the application board where people can read through before applying.

As always we appreciate the feedback. Keep 'em coming! :)

TYRANTO
04-19-2012, 12:19 PM
im gona apply!!!! :)

ninjaduck
04-19-2012, 12:22 PM

I second AND third this.

Late
04-19-2012, 12:31 PM
Im going to apply for sure

*Zero*
04-19-2012, 01:01 PM
May apply also.

Shuri
04-19-2012, 01:02 PM

Sorry to say, But I agree.
The games to new to bring out Ambassadors right now I have 5 Executions and it was all mainly by "Luck" that and literally thinking about the Execution riddles they have on the Lair board, However point is most people will ask numerous things about what's the best skills all the way up to best build and the little in between I.E how can I level faster, Get faster money all without platinum. So I agree to Spy it's a bit early as no ones literally found anything as of yet.

Even though Executions are random and on a certain combat zone too not many know exactly how to read between the text per say of the riddle.

However hosting events would bring a lot of people off map watching. However it's to early to be honest..

FluffNStuff
04-19-2012, 01:20 PM
The games to new to bring out Ambassadors right now I have 5 Executions and it was all mainly by "Luck" that and literally thinking about the Execution riddles they have on the Lair board, However point is most people will ask numerous things about what's the best skills all the way up to best build and the little in between I.E how can I level faster, Get faster money all without platinum. So I agree to Spy it's a bit early as no ones literally found anything as of yet.

Even though Executions are random and on a certain combat zone too not many know exactly how to read between the text per say of the riddle.

However hosting events would bring a lot of people off map watching. However it's to early to be honest..

The role of the Ambassadors is to deal with much more basic questions then the ones you are thinking. It is more about what does the auction do, where can I fight other players, how do I use skills, why do I keep dying etc. Just by the fact that players are on the forums and have leveled to 10 makes them able to answer these questions.

Underworld
04-19-2012, 01:39 PM
Oooo I'll definitely be applying for this, got elected in PL maybe I could get a role here in DL too.

Walkhardd
04-19-2012, 02:02 PM
[/QUOTE]

The role of the Ambassadors is to deal with much more basic questions then the ones you are thinking. It is more about what does the auction do, where can I fight other players, how do I use skills, why do I keep dying etc. Just by the fact that players are on the forums and have leveled to 10 makes them able to answer these questions.[/QUOTE]

This is along the lines of what I was thinking. I'm not aoa, but still try and help new players in pl. I never hear them ask, "hey I was thinking about being a dex mage. Should I use an auto bow, and sacrifice some dmg for the ability to kite at 13m?"

Popular
04-19-2012, 02:34 PM
Waiting ㅂ.ㅂ

octavos
04-19-2012, 03:13 PM
Where do I sign... :p but making alts isn't exactly cheap anymore...so i think help will be limited. :(
Edit solution...make another email account for an alt specifically for AoC

Underworld
04-19-2012, 03:15 PM
Where do I sign... :p but making alts isn't exactly cheap anymore...if we get chosen how about giving us a slot to make an alt.

I second that!

Elysony
04-19-2012, 06:55 PM
Where do I sign... :p but making alts isn't exactly cheap anymore...so i think help will be limited. :(

I second that.

Elysony
04-19-2012, 06:56 PM
I seriously do think problems will come with 50 plat. For character.

octavos
04-20-2012, 09:18 AM
I seriously do think problems will come with 50 plat. For character.
Plan B "make another email account" problem solved :p onward to becoming an AoC

Matutd
04-20-2012, 09:34 AM
I have to say, I agree with lowly. It seems to me most people just want the title. If people want to help out, then great, that's awesome. But with the ambassador title? Seems way too early for me. People know stuff about the game, they've played it, but enough to be an ambassador? It doesn't seem right to me. I mean, I encourage helping in any form, it's a great thing to do. But this, to me, seems as though they are helping for the title only. Helping, in my opinion, should be a process in which the helper expects nothing in return. The original ambassadors were chosen because they helped, they didn't begin to help because they were chosen.

Just my 2 pence (I'm English, I don't even know what 2 cents looks like :P)

Shuri
04-21-2012, 12:02 AM
The role of the Ambassadors is to deal with much more basic questions then the ones you are thinking. It is more about what does the auction do, where can I fight other players, how do I use skills, why do I keep dying etc. Just by the fact that players are on the forums and have leveled to 10 makes them able to answer these questions.

Lol, I know Fluff. I'm seriously considering it though as a lot of new people that come across me ask these sorts of questions you're saying and they mistake me for a "mod" or "dev" what's a little weird. However I do correct them I'm not. But as I'm usually on frequently apart from when I have my job going I usually sit around and answer questions.

However on the other side I'm vary of participating for one for a few reasons one is the way the chat systems set up due to the lack of enabelability and without the "tabbing" functions you can't jump from regular chat to whispers so I could miss a lot of people. lmao.

Lordtuesday
04-21-2012, 09:14 AM
I'm looking forward to this! Can't wait!

TYRANTO
04-21-2012, 11:01 AM
so when can we apply :)

Skeletonlord
04-21-2012, 11:32 AM
so when can we apply :)

Applications will probably be available when guilds are available (coming very soon!).

Of course I don't know for sure but that is what I guess. You will need to ask Airrie.

javier995
04-21-2012, 11:51 AM
I agree with Lowly, it's much too early for this type of program.

If the problem is helping new people with questions, well the people who will apply can help now.

There shouldn't be a problem with going out of their way just to answer a few questions that new players have, that is if they are doing this for more than just the title.

There shouldn't be this program this early in the game, it can wait until we have players that can answer vast amounts of questions. Rather than saying "Oh sorry, idk that" for every couple of questions.

If the thing is helping new players, than people won't mind it right now.

Let me emphasize this, you don't need a title to help. You can help right now instead of waiting for this program to start.

Late
04-21-2012, 11:53 AM
DL questions are pretty simple :p

Jig
04-22-2012, 04:54 AM
Cool I did an Application in PL hope I get in :)

Airrie
04-23-2012, 03:10 AM
I'll be sure to make an announcement when we open up applications. :)

Whirlzap
04-23-2012, 10:43 PM
Hmm, sounds nice.
I think I'll give some effort and thought to this.

maneatingtree
04-23-2012, 10:52 PM
The game isn't even out for ios is it?

Commanderkeen
04-24-2012, 02:31 AM
The game isn't even out for ios is it?

Nope not yet pretty sure they will post here, twitter, and probably FB hours before it releases for IOS.

Commanderkeen
04-24-2012, 02:35 AM
I agree with Lowly, it's much too early for this type of program.

If the problem is helping new people with questions, well the people who will apply can help now.

There shouldn't be a problem with going out of their way just to answer a few questions that new players have, that is if they are doing this for more than just the title.

There shouldn't be this program this early in the game, it can wait until we have players that can answer vast amounts of questions. Rather than saying "Oh sorry, idk that" for every couple of questions.

If the thing is helping new players, than people won't mind it right now.

Let me emphasize this, you don't need a title to help. You can help right now instead of waiting for this program to start.

Yes Javier your right you don't need a title to help if you see someone that's asking for help and you know the answer just tell them.

Econodeath
04-25-2012, 08:42 AM
I have to say, I agree with lowly. It seems to me most people just want the title. If people want to help out, then great, that's awesome. But with the ambassador title? Seems way too early for me. People know stuff about the game, they've played it, but enough to be an ambassador? It doesn't seem right to me. I mean, I encourage helping in any form, it's a great thing to do. But this, to me, seems as though they are helping for the title only. Helping, in my opinion, should be a process in which the helper expects nothing in return. The original ambassadors were chosen because they helped, they didn't begin to help because they were chosen.

Just my 2 pence (I'm English, I don't even know what 2 cents looks like :P)

Matt this is one of the reasons I am so proud to stand next to you and lowly as well for his comments above.
ARG for life brothers!!! No need for fancy badges. Just milk, cookes, and hugz work for us.

Elyseon
04-25-2012, 09:23 AM
Yeh...sry but all this ambassador stuff has just become a fame thing, i think even more for a logo on forums that the hat,
I might consider this program if there is nothing other that the Ambassador guild in game, please, no special avatar, no title, and absolutely no exclusive vanity

As for starting this soon, idk, u say we are supposed to answer just basic question, ive already been asked at least 10 times about where to get execution achievements, I only have 2 atm, and only remember where one was from. It would be stupid to just jump into this, atleast wait for a second cap to come out, just for the sake of time to get thourough understanding, idk how many ambassadors ive seen pouring out wrong info, its like they think as an ambassador their word becomes absolute truth

Zeus
04-25-2012, 10:08 AM
Kinda excited for this! Can't wait! :D

octavos
04-25-2012, 10:09 AM
Kinda excited for this! Can't wait! :D

Me too :D

captaintuttle
04-25-2012, 01:19 PM

It's never too early to be honest.

Jugernugetx
04-26-2012, 11:47 AM
Im awaiting new aoas from pl. As i failed in SL:(
But, this is my chance to become aoc!
Sts, i wont fail u this time!
Trying best activation on!!!:)

Naga
04-26-2012, 12:03 PM
Is it too late already?
Form is up but i don't know where to apply.

Commanderkeen
04-26-2012, 12:13 PM
Is it too late already?
Form is up but i don't where to apply.

Their not taking applications yet. Their just getting the word out.

ANGELDRAGO
04-26-2012, 10:33 PM
Hi ur the master of aoa and I have put in an application and it's been a longtime and am just wondering if I can join aoa my ign is xxdarkcashxx and tanking merch please and thank you

Airrie
04-27-2012, 01:30 PM
Application boards are officially: OPEN! :D

Good luck guys, and have fun!
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/forumdisplay.php?95-Dark-Legends-Player-Volunteer-(AoC)-Applications

Fyrce
04-27-2012, 05:52 PM
It's probably good to start helpers early, since DL is getting a lot of new players right now.

Are there really that many people that need help? I've stood around town and only been asked twice about where stash is or auction. Mostly I get propositioned... which I am guessing is not what ambassadors are for...

ArtStar
04-28-2012, 07:35 PM
Sent in my application for Akeldama, good luck everyone!

ANGELDRAGO
05-01-2012, 10:51 PM
Hey can you help me out I have sent applications in for aoa and have waited a long time like 5 months so can you please help me out

Skeletonlord
05-02-2012, 02:59 PM
Hey can you help me out I have sent applications in for aoa and have waited a long time like 5 months so can you please help me out

Applications dont always mean that you will get in 100%. We look over all our applications and pick out the best ones!

Please post in the correct forum, this is for Ambassadors Of Carvina (Dark Legends ambassador). You need to be directing your questions towards me and posting in the Pocket Leends forums!

Ivan Johnson
05-02-2012, 03:13 PM

Applications dont always mean that you will get in 100%. We look over all our applications and pick out the best ones!

Please post in the correct forum, this is for Ambassadors Of Carvina (Dark Legends ambassador). You need to be directing your questions towards me and posting in the Pocket Leends forums!
Of course his asking here couldn't possibly have anything to do with the fact that the person who made the thread is the mod in charge of all 3 programs.

You should definitely cut it with the condescending tone and get off your high horse mr. "Ambassador."

KingFu
05-02-2012, 05:48 PM
Still waiting for Dark Guard. Even though I don't play lol.

morfic
05-02-2012, 05:58 PM
Still waiting for Dark Guard. Even though I don't play lol.

Haha. I already reserved the name "Darkguard" So that hopefully one day I can be the Dark Guard Darkguard

KingFu
05-02-2012, 06:02 PM
Haha. I already reserved the name "Darkguard" So that hopefully one day I can be the Dark Guard Darkguard

http://i821.photobucket.com/albums/zz133/therealdavid/Snapbucket/b4eea1db.jpg

Otukura
05-02-2012, 06:16 PM

Watch it be Vampiric Guard, or something else :D

ArtStar
05-03-2012, 12:12 AM
lol I like my title ;]
Morfy you're silly!