PDA

View Full Version : My very plain Jane Dark Legends styled keyboard

Deathpunch
04-18-2012, 04:25 PM
Just sharing a pic and wanted to see what the community thought of it. :)

http://img.tapatalk.com/6c54e168-3189-c075.jpg

Thanks, Sam, for the hook up on the font.
-----
Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

Late
04-18-2012, 04:27 PM
Looks like Dl font :D

Deathpunch
04-18-2012, 04:32 PM
Looks like Dl font :D

It's the font from the game. I made the keyboard myself, though.

-----
Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

Slapjack456
04-18-2012, 04:54 PM
I want how do i get it?

Deathpunch
04-18-2012, 04:55 PM
Not ready for release.

-----
Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

Kaytar
04-18-2012, 05:02 PM
Nice! I like it I'll get it on my phone when you release. Good job

Deathpunch
04-18-2012, 05:13 PM
Well, unless you guys are rooted, the font would be your standard system font. Other than that, it would all be the same.

-----
Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

morfic
04-18-2012, 05:29 PM
nice job death. If you are working on a theme, I have a pretty sweet notification bar I designed. let me see if I can find it.

Ahh, its the wrong format. I'll have to convert it and such later. But its a dark and gritty bloodsplattered background, with a bloody machete at the bottom. Looks awesome once you replace the system notification bar and the transparency takes effect.

Deathpunch
04-18-2012, 05:37 PM
nice job death. If you are working on a theme, I have a pretty sweet notification bar I designed. let me see if I can find it.

Ahh, its the wrong format. I'll have to convert it and such later. But its a dark and gritty bloodsplattered background, with a bloody machete at the bottom. Looks awesome once you replace the system notification bar and the transparency takes effect.

Sounds nice, but all I'm doing is playing around with the latinime. Themes require too much time, and that's something I don't have a lot of right now. Plus, all the people complaining that I did something one way when they would have done it different. I've had a couple posts edited by mods on xda for responding to these people in a way I felt was appropriate. Lol

EDIT: This is what it looks like with a standard system font, roboto in this case.

http://img.tapatalk.com/6c54e168-43ad-0df2.jpg

-----
Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

Growwle
04-18-2012, 06:54 PM
Looks good, just make it transparent.

MrGoober
04-18-2012, 07:01 PM
I want how do i get it?

1st: download almost any addon keyboard app.

2nd: get that font package, could probably ask Samhayne for it. Save to your phone or sdcard.

3rd: go into settings for the keyboard app you downloaded and find the font settings. Most keyboard apps have a "scan for font packages" option. Click scan/install font package.

4th: most all addon keyboard apps have additional settings to change font color, backgrounds & transparency.

iAmPain
04-18-2012, 07:21 PM

2nd: get that font package, could probably ask Samhayne for it. Save to your phone or sdcard.

3rd: go into settings for the keyboard app you downloaded and find the font settings. Most keyboard apps have a "scan for font packages" option. Click scan/install font package.

4th: most all addon keyboard apps have additional settings to change font color, backgrounds & transparency.

well said

Deathpunch
04-18-2012, 07:40 PM

There you go. Find one on the market. I'm sure there are plenty to choose from. I couldn't tell you, as I don't use market keyboards.

-----
Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

trixie
04-18-2012, 08:07 PM
I love it! Good job DP! :)

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Deathpunch
04-18-2012, 08:23 PM
I love it! Good job DP! :)

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Ty, ty!

-----
Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

Slapjack456
04-18-2012, 08:40 PM
Any way to get that for unrooted kindle fire?

Deathpunch
04-18-2012, 09:14 PM
Nope, I'm not releasing this one. I just wanted to share and guage community opinion.

-----
Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

Growwle
04-18-2012, 10:14 PM
Nope, I'm not releasing this one. I just wanted to share and guage community opinion.

-----
Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

Just polish it up and put it in the APP store for $0.99, I will buy it.

Deathpunch
04-18-2012, 10:23 PM

Lol, what phone do you have?

-----
Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

rinzler
04-18-2012, 10:29 PM
Ahhh! That's awesome :D I loveeee red&black.

Deathpunch
04-18-2012, 10:30 PM
Ahhh! That's awesome :D I loveeee red&black.

Ty, ty!

-----
Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

MrGoober
04-18-2012, 11:27 PM
Dont get me wrong OP, I think it is a Dope post, and a great idea! I really do! I am just enlightening people on how they can get the same effect on their phone without having to try and develop and make their own stuff. Even if you are making your own keyboard layout, you still must create a format in order for people to install it. you cant just go into a phone and change fonts, unless you know what youre doing, unless youve got an app, unless you can change general packages in linux(for android) or what ever for apple.

Deathpunch
04-18-2012, 11:43 PM
Dont get me wrong OP, I think it is a Dope post, and a great idea! I really do! I am just enlightening people on how they can get the same effect on their phone without having to try and develop and make their own stuff. Even if you are making your own keyboard layout, you still must create a format in order for people to install it. you cant just go into a phone and change fonts, unless you know what youre doing, unless youve got an app, unless you can change general packages in linux(for android) or what ever for apple.

Sure you can. :-) root and font changer will fix you right up. As far as installing, I have yet to have anyone on here have trouble installing any I've made.

-----
Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

Growwle
04-18-2012, 11:51 PM

Lol, what phone do you have?

-----
Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

Droid x2, do it for a guildie :-)

MrGoober
04-19-2012, 12:25 AM
Sure you can. :-) root and font changer will fix you right up. As far as installing, I have yet to have anyone on here have trouble installing any I've made.

-----
Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

;-) just pointing that out bud. No one needs to wait for a releas since it's not really your font right? I'm just pointing out that anyone can use that font if you shared it ;-) they can use font installer to use it & there change colors & backgrounds/transparency
for that look. So what you're really making is a theme? That's what I'm asking;-)

Deathpunch
04-19-2012, 12:51 AM
;-) just pointing that out bud. No one needs to wait for a releas since it's not really your font right? I'm just pointing out that anyone can use that font if you shared it ;-) they can use font installer to use it & there change colors & backgrounds/transparency
for that look. So what you're really making is a theme? That's what I'm asking;-)

No, I've made a gingerbread latinIME.apk compiled from source and themed by me. This isn't about the font. If you want it, ask for it like I did. But all of this is beside the point because I probably won't be posting it for download. Probably. As an aside, the font is Yataghan.

-----
Sent from my Asus Transformer