PDA

View Full Version : Guide on How to Make a Guide!

Zeus
04-18-2012, 05:40 PM
Hi guys! Today I'm going to teach you the steps on how to make a guide! I mean, none of us where born with common sense, so I'm just making sure you guys get how to create one!

Oh, btw, add to my reputation bar please, it will make me popular! *drools*

1. Make sure your sole purpose for making this guide is for thanks and reputation points.

2. Make sure that it's something everybody knows.

3. Make sure it's a gigantic wall of text in order to make it seem "impressive". Why say something that could be sent in a few short sentences? That's just illogical. The "bigger is always better" rule applies here too, yes?

4. Don't skip out on teh grammars. Itz veryyyyyyy important or you don't know if you're helping uncle jack off the horse or helping Uncle Jack, off the horse.

5. Lots of pictures! Make it artsy! This is for a grade, you guys! :D

6. Try to beat the already wonderful tutorial in game for simple game features!

7. Don't forget to refer them to the forums and STS games!

Oh oh oh! Make sure it's very disorganized and sloppy! It's makes it like a puzzle so only the smart people can understand it! Does that mean no grammar, abbreviations, and misspellings?! You betcha!

http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z355/rangepwnsmeel/f653b494.jpg

http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z355/rangepwnsmeel/8f3eb333.jpg

That's all guys! Please make sure to thank me for enlightening you on this FANTABULOUS guide! xD

~Parth

RedRyder
04-18-2012, 05:44 PM
I love you in the most straightest way possible

Zeus
04-18-2012, 05:46 PM
I love you in the most straightest way possible

Omg! You added to my reputation bar! Can I haz more? I'll thank you too! >:)

Slcinuup
04-18-2012, 05:47 PM
Best guide I've ever seen

RedRyder
04-18-2012, 05:47 PM
Zomgomgomg! Thenkz youz'!

I shal thumbs up you as well!

Edit: damn lol, it looks like that doesn't work anymore?

NECROREAPER
04-18-2012, 05:50 PM
Lol I was gonna do one of these.

I ended up eating instead ._.

undertheradar
04-18-2012, 05:52 PM
That's it, I'm making a guide on making a guide about making guides. Right after I make a guide on how to do that.

Elyseon
04-18-2012, 05:52 PM

Quality decision

dudetus
04-18-2012, 05:53 PM
I thanked u, can I plox get thanks as well?

I needz to grow ma forum weewee.

Appleisaac
04-18-2012, 05:54 PM
This is a little brutal :-/...

Zeus
04-18-2012, 05:54 PM

You could make a guide on how to eat. That's always helpful, after all, it's for the survival of fellow humans, no?

Zeus
04-18-2012, 05:55 PM

I'm out of thanks, maybe tomorrow :)?

The only guide that will never be made is how to get thanks, I think. Can you imagine the irony in that? LOL

Apologies for the double post, I'm on a mobile device.

@Apple, it was meant to be harsh, I mean, it HAS to run through people's heads at one point or another that they are making a guide on something that's common sense, no?

StompArtist
04-18-2012, 05:58 PM
You could make a guide on how to eat. That's always helpful, after all, it's for the survival of fellow humans, no?

Last time I tried following one of those I ended up in the hospital because it wasn't entirely clear on the food swallowing procedure so I suggest breaking it up into several easy to understand smaller guides.

Zeus
04-18-2012, 06:00 PM
Last time I tried following one of those I ended up in the hospital because it wasn't entirely clear on the food swallowing procedure so I suggest breaking it up into several easy to understand smaller guides.

LMAO! Classic, Stomp. :)

dudetus
I'm out of thanks, maybe tomorrow :)?

The only guide that will never be made is how to get thanks, I think. Can you imagine the irony in that?

No prob, I'll make that guide if u promise to thank me for it :o.

Elyseon
This is a little brutal :-/...

Brutally useful is what it is, now i can make pro guides without even trying :D

Suentous PO
04-18-2012, 06:55 PM
How is u to press buttons? Me am trouble havin make butuns press.
Also I was chewin gum an walkin but nao the ground has changed places onto my face people are pointing and my gum is gone. Halp

Irulelol
04-18-2012, 07:00 PM
So how did you know how to make a guide on how to make a guide if there was no guide on how to make a guide for you to follow?!?!?!

Hankomachos
04-18-2012, 07:00 PM
How to read guide? I'm illiterate. :(

Quick, make a guide on how to read! =D

Elyseon
04-18-2012, 07:02 PM
How is u to press buttons? Me am trouble havin make butuns press.
Also I was chewin gum an walkin but nao the ground has changed places onto my face people are pointing and my gum is gone. Halp
That problem happens alot to us normal folk, its a serious condition known as lackin-rep-hakai-iieo
This simple solution to this is to formulate the most basic guides possible while most efficently recieving large chunks of rep, soon u will have large rep bars that u can equip as a sword, chew as gum, become invincible with, poison little kids, unlock the gateway to humania. The possibilities are endless!**

**NOTE- does not allow buttons to be pressed

Elyseon
04-18-2012, 07:15 PM
How to read guide? I'm illiterate. :(

Quick, make a guide on how to read! =D
Sure thing :D

First there is an alphabet, i think it has like 45 letters or something
I will now explain how each letter look and how it sounds-- (looks) and (sounds)
a-a
b-b
c-c
d-d
e-e
f-f
g-g
h-h
i-i
j-j
k-k
l-l
m-m
n-n
o-o
p-p
q-q
r-r
s-s
t-t
u-u
v-v
w-w
x-x
y-y
z-z

EDIT!!!!!OH NOES! i forgot to add pics, to keep it beautiful----here
http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m513/ThePhantomCow/a87b595c.jpg

Also forgot to ask for rep

--SO GIMME SOME NAOW!--

Swimmingstar
04-18-2012, 07:17 PM
Dang, I need a guide on how to follow this guide, I'll make one for personal reference!

XghostzX
04-18-2012, 07:17 PM
Parth, add in as rule number 8, "If u give thank you's, i give u thank you's"

WoundedEagle
04-18-2012, 07:19 PM
Oh oh u shod mace a giyd on how 2 post! will you pl0x?.

Coltona
04-18-2012, 07:23 PM

LMFAO ahahahahaha

Swimmingstar
04-18-2012, 07:37 PM
i donz weeth meh guid on howe 2 folo dis guid

idonzweethmehguidonhowe2folodisguid

Silentarrow
04-18-2012, 08:15 PM
I wonder how many people get the reference ;).

Lowlyspy
04-18-2012, 08:31 PM
I wonder how many people get the reference ;).
Lol, I wondering how many people don't xD

Appleisaac
04-18-2012, 08:34 PM
I think we all get the refference, and it isn't very nice... :( guys seriously stop...

Silentarrow
04-18-2012, 08:35 PM

If only two people in particular posting on this thread knew how hypocritical they're being!

Ardon
04-18-2012, 08:38 PM
Best guide ever. But it needs MOAR COWBELL

Sent from my Droid X

Lowlyspy
04-18-2012, 08:38 PM
If only two people in particular posting on this thread knew how hypocritical they're being!
Only 2? I count 5 :p
OH THE HYPOCRISY!

EDIT: You rang Ardon?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjsUf_oIgp0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Pimpslide
04-18-2012, 08:39 PM

*Thanks*

Because I don't have any left.

WAIT A SECOND BOTH OF THEM MUST BE ME BECAUSE EVERY POST OF MINE COUNTS AS TWO POSTS AND I COUNT AS TWO PEOPUL!

Silentarrow
04-18-2012, 08:41 PM
*Thanks*

Because I don't have any left.

WAIT A SECOND BOTH OF THEM MUST BE ME BECAUSE EV
ERY POST OF MINE COUNTS AS TWO POSTS AND I COUNT AS TWO PEOPUL!

Nope, not you!
:)

Pimpslide
04-18-2012, 08:42 PM
Nope, not you!
:)

hyprocrite!

Wait, WHAT?

Sryyoulose
04-18-2012, 08:43 PM
You forgot to note: Have somebody work hard on a guide, copy it, change 2 words, and repost WHILE asking for Reputation.

Lowlyspy
04-18-2012, 08:46 PM
You forgot to note: Have somebody work hard on a guide, copy it, change 2 words, and repost WHILE asking for Reputation.
Ah right, plaigerism is essential.

Piosidon
04-18-2012, 08:48 PM
Hi guys! Today I'm going to teach you the steps on how to make a guide! I mean, none of us where born with common sense, so I'm just making sure you guys get how to create one!

Oh, btw, add to my reputation bar please, it will make me popular! *drools*

1. Make sure your sole purpose for making this guide is for thanks and reputation points.

2. Make sure that it's something everybody knows.

3. Make sure it's a gigantic wall of text in order to make it seem "impressive". Why say something that could be sent in a few short sentences? That's just illogical. The "bigger is always better" rule applies here too, yes?

4. Don't skip out on teh grammars. Itz veryyyyyyy important or you don't know if you're helping uncle jack off the horse or helping Uncle Jack, off the horse.

5. Lots of pictures! Make it artsy! This is for a grade, you guys! :D

6. Try to beat the already wonderful tutorial in game for simple game features!

7. Don't forget to refer them to the forums and STS games!

Oh oh oh! Make sure it's very disorganized and sloppy! It's makes it like a puzzle so only the smart people can understand it! Does that mean no grammar, abbreviations, and misspellings?! You betcha!

http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z355/rangepwnsmeel/f653b494.jpg

http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z355/rangepwnsmeel/8f3eb333.jpg

That's all guys! Please make sure to thank me for enlightening you on this FANTABULOUS guide! xD

~Parth
This is solid GOLD!!!

Pimpslide
04-18-2012, 09:01 PM
you forgot to note: Have somebody work hard on a guide, copy it, change 2 words, and repost while asking for reputation.

woohooo

Elyseon
04-18-2012, 09:04 PM

Why thank you for noticing, that was gonna be my next guide topic ;D

Pimpslide
04-18-2012, 09:05 PM

I will copy and paste it and change two words tomorrow ASAP!

Windwaiker
04-18-2012, 09:10 PM
I believe someone has beaten you to the chase: Hmmm... (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?54746-Making-a-guide-Read-this!)

I have to say, your guide does have a tad bit more info than the one I linked to.

Elyseon
04-18-2012, 09:17 PM

I will copy and paste it and change two words tomorrow ASAP!
Sounds like a plan

Elyseon
04-18-2012, 09:25 PM
I believe someone has beaten you to the chase: Hmmm... (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?54746-Making-a-guide-Read-this!)

I have to say, your guide does have a tad bit more info than the one I linked to.
well if u wanna be all technical about it (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?53165-GUIDE-How-To-Make-A-Guide-A-lesson-brought-to-you-by-Elite-Guidemaster-Pro!&highlight=make+guide)
Mine was slightly lacking on the sarcasm, and obviously due to the low rep count was almost worthless

EDIT: Oh cool i just double posted

Zeus
04-18-2012, 11:20 PM

._. *facepalm*

This is what I get for not being as active on the forums as of late.

Thanks, Wind! I truly didn't see his guide, lol, and nothing came up in the search. ._.

Anyways, sorry, dudetus! My sincerest apologies! You get all the credit on this one, bud. :)

Everyone'sFavMage
04-19-2012, 01:48 AM
Ely Im now tanking every pasta I find of yours cuz they so damn useful NAOW ples vote me more tks on my pastas

Everyone'sFavMage
04-19-2012, 01:50 AM
EDITed I forgot I'm out of tanks to loan out plays forgave me for nit giving u more praises

gotrocks420
04-19-2012, 02:59 AM
LOL i didnt even read through all the reponses on here.
You guys are goofy as hell. Im looking at you, chew bubblegum while walking guy -everyone knows u need to b a superhero or have seal team six backing you up to pull that off what were u thinking?

In all seriousness though these joke guides need to stop almost as bad as the useless guide threads. I say the next person to post a useless guide (funny or not) gets zapped by ball lightning!

Zaltiar
04-19-2012, 03:06 AM
guideception.

dudetus
04-19-2012, 03:36 AM
._. *facepalm*

This is what I get for not being as active on the forums as of late.

Thanks, Wind! I truly didn't see his guide, lol, and nothing came up in the search. ._.

Anyways, sorry, dudetus! My sincerest apologies! You get all the credit on this one, bud. :)

Haha no worries at all :D! I love this guide :D!

I did my thing just about the search function while this covers it all :).

And yes, I am very lazy at putting tags. Does it make me a hypocrite :hypnotysed:?

wvhills
04-19-2012, 07:27 AM
It makes it even better if there's a guide already. haha.

step 9. Make sure there's either a guide already in existence or the topic is so self explanatory no guide is needed.

Also, I'd like to get all the credit for making the first satirical guide poking fun at all the common sense guides...
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?53538-Guide-on-how-to-play-Pocket-Legends

I'm on the cutting edge.

P.S. Please give me thanx
P.P.S I'm not really sure how to spell satirical.
P.P.P.S. Really, don't forgot to thanx me meow.
P.P.P.P.S. Lol.

dudetus
04-19-2012, 07:32 AM
It makes it even better if there's a guide already. haha.

step 9. Make sure there's either a guide already in existence or the topic is so self explanatory no guide is needed.

Also, I'd like to get all the credit for making the first satirical guide poking fun at all the common sense guides...
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?53538-Guide-on-how-to-play-Pocket-Legends

I'm on the cutting edge.

P.S. Please give me thanx
P.P.S I'm not really sure how to spell satirical.
P.P.P.S. Really, don't forgot to thanx me meow.
P.P.P.P.S. Lol.

I gave u too thanks can u plox give me too?

Edit: Ty, My internets weewee is growing nicely now :)

Noodleleg
04-19-2012, 08:56 AM
Oh parth...maybe one day...

Elyseon
04-19-2012, 09:54 AM
Ely Im now tanking every pasta I find of yours cuz they so damn useful NAOW ples vote me more tks on my pastas
You like my pasta that much? The spaghetti or linguini?

dudetus
04-19-2012, 10:11 AM

pls if i thank u will u thank me pls?

Pls I needs dem thanks to grow my internets weewee more.

LwMark
04-20-2012, 04:48 AM

dudetus
04-20-2012, 05:15 AM

Well that wasn't nice.

If u don't like the guide u should post constructive critisism or don't post at all.

It is only going to hurt Parth's feelings if the only responses he gets are like that. He worked rly hard on this one.

LwMark
04-20-2012, 06:32 AM
sorry i was leaning on my keyboard

RedRyder
04-20-2012, 07:36 AM
Well that wasn't nice.

If u don't like the guide u should post constructive critisism or don't post at all.

It is only going to hurt Parth's feelings if the only responses he gets are like that. He worked rly hard on this one.

I.... Love you

Carth
04-20-2012, 08:11 AM
A guide on how to make a guide? There's no hope left, is there? :p

LwMark
04-20-2012, 08:28 AM
Hmm maybe try asking a aoa or goa they seem to know everythin

Buffedbear Pl
04-20-2012, 06:23 PM
I'm out of thanks, who wants an IOU?

Samhayne
04-20-2012, 10:22 PM
This is a troll post. We ask that you not create baiting or insulting posts designed to stir up negative discussion.

In the future, if you see posts that you feel are "fluff" or in violation of the Forum Rules, please use the report post functionality to call attention to it for the Moderation Team.

Thread closed.