PDA

View Full Version : Does stats do anything?

Blaquehaaart
04-19-2012, 12:12 AM
I switched all defense gear for attack gear and it feels exactly the same...

Nick41324
04-19-2012, 12:28 AM
What do you mean?

Blaquehaaart
04-19-2012, 01:02 AM
I'm mean going from a 65att/185def build to a 175att/75def build produced no noticeable difference when it came to damage taken and given.

I saw a difference when I tried to pve with no crystals at all, but that was only in health.

Maybe maxing out health is the best bet after all.

javier995
04-19-2012, 01:13 AM
Depends what class you are, what sets you use, and what you're trying to be.

High STR gives more health and more defense.

Blaquehaaart
04-19-2012, 01:23 AM
There are no classes in this game. There's a vampire class and a vampire class.

I went with the polar opposites of two gear builds, and didn't notice a difference. I'm lvl 19 now (2 lvl's from the cap). A gear builds that dramatically different should have a noticeable difference. It wasn't so different that I noticed anything. I didn't go from crazy survivability to 2 hitting people or anything like that. It really seemed the same. The only difference I saw was when I dropped all the gear besides my weapons, and even then the only difference I saw was how much less life I had.

I thinking maxing health might be the best bet considering that's the only thing I noticed that really changed. I have all vitality crystals banked for when I turn 20, which should be tomorrow. I'm gonna max them to see if it makes a difference.

Teddyache
04-19-2012, 06:03 AM
Keep us posted because this would defeat the whole point of this easy to customize crystal system and therefore seems unlikely. I've been leaning towards health anyway just to use more skill attacks so I'm curious what you find.

Cahaun
04-19-2012, 06:20 AM
Raising health increases the amount lost to a single skill.
I have a single lvl one skill and it doubled the amount lost because of how much health I have. I now focus on armor and damage... maybe attack.

Cahaun
04-19-2012, 06:22 AM
Keep us posted because this would defeat the whole point of this easy to customize crystal system and therefore seems unlikely. I've been leaning towards health anyway just to use more skill attacks so I'm curious what you find.
As I stated, you can increase your health by 500 points and it'll only increase how much you lose. Overall you lose the same percent of blood no matter how big your health gets.

Lady_Pebbles
04-19-2012, 07:13 AM
I noticed that higher health in DL helps a lot in PvP/CtF makes you harder to kill. :)

By the way, a dev has stated in another thread that the stats basically work like this:

Attack increases critical hit chance, a little bit of damage and give a slight bonus to your hit points.

Damage is a straight increase in damage per second.

Same thing for your Powers, Attack increases their crit chance and damage slightly, Damage increases their damage a lot.

Link to posts: Here (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?54931-Damage-vs-Attack&p=618268&viewfull=1#post618268) & Here (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?54931-Damage-vs-Attack&p=618443&viewfull=1#post618443)

Blaquehaaart
04-19-2012, 12:07 PM
I don't believe those posts. I've tested it with my lvl 19 and didn't see a noticeable difference. I have about 900 kills in pvp, so I'd say I've had enough play time to notice the difference.

I'll be 20 today and I'll test it again...I'll it with the lvl 20 vitality crystals as well. I also have lvl 20 defense gear with pink swords, which I'll test, and I can fill the crystal slot with all bashing crystals to test as well.

ArtStar
04-19-2012, 04:07 PM
Totally unrelated, but I havent recieved a power point since lvl13 lol wth. I am lvl19.

Roc
04-19-2012, 04:23 PM
Totally unrelated, but I havent recieved a power point since lvl13 lol wth. I am lvl19.

Auto-level (or whatever it's called lol) is off?

Zel
04-19-2012, 06:15 PM
I gotta say that I run with full pink defence gear atm, and when I switched em out for full green attack gear I noticed it.

On average it takes me 5 or 6 swings to kill an enemy, in full attack gear (even of a lower grade) it only took me 4.

That may not seem like much, but remember we ARE lower levels, the discrepancy between damage and survivability can only increase from here.