PDA

View Full Version : New arcane dragon pet is not a dragon??

jazzbloonist
02-19-2021, 12:11 PM
It sure looks like a dragon, feels like a dragon, moves like a dragon. Even STS in their screenshot called it arcanite dragon.
BUT the name??? Yinshe... in chinese, it means Silver SNAKE! (银蛇)
How come its cousin Zhulong got to be named Marble-red Dragon (珠龙) whereas this boi is a snek??
STS please change it, its probably bugging all of us chinese players XDDD

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

looiaqop
02-19-2021, 12:28 PM
It sure looks like a dragon, feels like a dragon, moves like a dragon. Even STS in their screenshot called it arcanite dragon.
How come its cousin Zhulong got to be named Marble-red Dragon (珠龙) whereas this boi is a snek??

Sent from my SM-G610F using TapatalkIt kinda does look like a snake but i guess its meant to be a dragon like the others and and arms and legs

Sulph
02-19-2021, 12:32 PM
levitating sky worm +1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jazzbloonist
02-19-2021, 02:28 PM
It kinda does look like a snake but i guess its meant to be a dragon like the others and and arms and legsIt is what a chinese dragon looks like. Our dragons dont have wings like those western dragons

Bluehazee
02-19-2021, 04:01 PM

Technically speaking...

jazzbloonist
02-19-2021, 04:29 PM
Technically speaking...
229873Thats the western dragon... this is the chinese dragon i am speaking of. And this is a chinese event.

looiaqop
02-19-2021, 06:06 PM
Does yinshe have an aura like the other dragons? A passive one

Cinco
02-19-2021, 06:09 PM
Does yinshe have an aura like the other dragons? A passive one

Yes. Yinshe has a passive that regenerates Mana. I don’t think it was added anywhere in the description. I’ll get that fixed when I can.

Stephencobear
02-19-2021, 08:48 PM
Technically speaking...

>.< ima history nerd, I can’t allow non technicality on this one...

Quetzalcoatl is one god (w a twin sibling), not a wyvern, drake, wyrm, snake, or dragon.
That pic should have said “feathered serpent “ so it didn’t refer to one of several gods (Tohil, Gukumatz, or Kukulcan), who all are represented that way visually.
Also, I could pick apart the word fae, but won’t here
Had to, sorry
XD

Bluehazee
02-19-2021, 09:24 PM
>.< ima history nerd, I can’t allow non technicality on this one...

Quetzalcoatl is one god (w a twin sibling), not a wyvern, drake, wyrm, snake, or dragon.
That pic should have said “feathered serpent “ so it didn’t refer to one of several gods (Tohil, Gukumatz, or Kukulcan), who all are represented that way visually.
Also, I could pick apart the word fae, but won’t here
Had to, sorry
XD

Yes, you are right. I also noticed they included a god but i thought it was an example of wyrm type, since its most famous of them (no wings, no legs. Just feathers)

UltimateUnicorn
02-20-2021, 02:20 AM

Exactly bro long(龙) means dragon, she(蛇)means snake, and in chinese culture snake is never a 吉祥物 meaning its not something that would give us good luck. Dragon would however do so, dragon represents power and is said to bring good luck as well. Hence i'd think introducing a "snake" during lunar event would be hella weird. Plus all the previous dragon pets are all named properly e.g shenlong(神龙)zhulong(珠龙)fuzanglong (dunno what it translates to mandarin but i'd say its 俯藏龙)STS pls do a bit of research next time even tho chinese community is small

jazzbloonist
02-20-2021, 03:01 AM
Exactly bro long(龙) means dragon, she(蛇)means snake, and in chinese culture snake is never a 吉祥物 meaning its not something that would give us good luck. Dragon would however do so, dragon represents power and is said to bring good luck as well. Hence i'd think introducing a "snake" during lunar event would be hella weird. Plus all the previous dragon pets are all named properly e.g shenlong(神龙)zhulong(珠龙)fuzanglong (dunno what it translates to mandarin but i'd say its 俯藏龙)STS pls do a bit of research next time even tho chinese community is smallThats what im saying. All the dragon, then suddenly POOF a snek.

dualray
02-20-2021, 07:53 AM
It is certainly dragon looking but the name doesn’t reflect to its look.
Even yinjiao 银蛟would be much more appropriate

jazzbloonist
02-20-2021, 09:00 AM
It is certainly dragon looking but the name doesn’t reflect to its look.
Even yinjiao 银蛟would be much more appropriate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk银蛟 is a nice name

Bbking
02-20-2021, 10:25 AM
银蛟 is a nice name

Agree, yinshe (银蛇or淫蛇[emoji276])is not good name.

synoptix
02-20-2021, 11:29 AM
Yes. Yinshe has a passive that regenerates Mana. I don’t think it was added anywhere in the description. I’ll get that fixed when I can.

Can it be buffed pls? it regen mana as outdated arcane mishi :/

dualray
02-20-2021, 04:45 PM
Agree, yinshe (银蛇or淫蛇[emoji276])is not good name.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

dvlong
02-21-2021, 12:50 AM
If the snake can fly then it is a dragon.

jazzbloonist
02-21-2021, 01:05 AM
Agree, yinshe (银蛇or淫蛇[emoji276])is not good name.Basically all chinese pinyin can become something else completely. And thats only mandarin. Adding in dialects and everything is more chaos.

Ilove_Poopoo
02-21-2021, 01:42 AM
My take on this topic. This is an example of cultural appropriation. Such that you inaccurately portray another culture and their customs, not to mention that Sts is benefiting from this event.

They should've done more research about it, furthermore, unsure why they haven't address the issue yet despite Cinco had already left a comment here?

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Stormydragon
02-21-2021, 08:08 AM
If you ever think your thread is useless, remember these guys are discussing about changing the name of a pet because the name isnt that good.

Nah honestly, guys its just a name... if you have a cat named Carl, you dont call the cat Carl because it is a Carl, nah its still a cat. You dont use the name as a definition. Yinshe is a dragon, with the name Silversnake. Calling it silversnake doesnt make Yinshe to a snake.

jazzbloonist
02-21-2021, 12:53 PM
If you ever think your thread is useless, remember these guys are discussing about changing the name of a pet because the name isnt that good.

Nah honestly, guys its just a name... if you have a cat named Carl, you dont call the cat Carl because it is a Carl, nah its still a cat. You dont use the name as a definition. Yinshe is a dragon, with the name Silversnake. Calling it silversnake doesnt make Yinshe to a snake.Names of previous dragons describe them. But this dragon's name describing it to be a snake. How offended is he... think about his feelings.

looiaqop
02-21-2021, 01:02 PM
I mean u can change the name of it for free