PDA

View Full Version : "Muted" for nothing.

Irony
04-19-2012, 12:45 PM
I had a random discussion with a random player, it was going well until I tried to send him this message:

"Nah I saw level 21 guy, it's like getting level 20 10 more times )))" (That's the exact copy of what I tried to send)

The message above didn't get through, instead I got muted for 5 minutes, and couldn't speak, furthermore I got a warning that I might get banned for foul language....

I'm sorry, what foul language? The message contains nothing foul. The foul language recognizer is obviously severely flawed and must be removed from the game immediately to avoid unjustified banning of people. Besides, if you ask me, blood showers and half-nude vampires is a lot more foul compared to any "word" or "language".

So those are my 2 cents concerning the chat filter.

P.S. Could anyone try to find what combination of letters made my message appear foul to the chat filter?

Deathpunch
04-19-2012, 12:49 PM
Could have been a misspelling or autocorrect that you didn't catch. Like replacing the u in guy with an a.

-----
Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

Samhayne
04-19-2012, 12:51 PM
Hey Irony! Thanks for taking the time to post this. We do have a chat filter that, in Dark Legends, is used to mute hate speech. Are you sure that auto correct didn't change something when you typed your message in?

Also, what is the character name that got muted? With that, we can go take a look. If it's a false positive, we can update our system to not catch it again in the future :)

FluffNStuff
04-19-2012, 12:51 PM
How come some of the enemy can keep talking after they use foul language?

*edit, see ^ and hate speech is different from foul language, and I definitely endorse muting / banning for that!

Irony
04-19-2012, 01:47 PM
My character name is Irony, and I was playing on Chrome so I didn't have auto-correct. The message was sent to character called Envy. Would be cool if you could pull out a message and show me what I said =)

Justg
04-19-2012, 01:57 PM
Looks like you misspelled "like" into a derogatory racial term.

Clearly a misspelling, but the chat filter does not know any better.

Slant
04-19-2012, 02:20 PM
yeah had this prolem
maybe you can try this list as a guide, its the naming policy though >> http://spacetimestudios.zendesk.com/entries/20672502-naming-policy

Racial, ethnic, or national slurs.
Extreme sexuality.
Obscenities or vulgarities.
Harassing or defamatory names that insult other characters, players, employees or groups of players either in game or external.
Any Spacetime Studios employees.
References to human anatomy or bodily functions.
Connotations of major religions or religious figures.
References to trademarked or licensed property by a company or individual.
References to out of game advertising or solicitation.
References to illegal drugs or activities.