PDA

View Full Version : Winning CTF gives 3 Energy to each team member.

Irony
04-19-2012, 01:40 PM
So yeah, suggesting to add this system, if you win CTF you get 3 energy...

Late
04-19-2012, 01:42 PM
so if you have 0 energy and u win do u have 3/25 or 0/28?

Irony
04-19-2012, 01:57 PM
lol ofcourse 3/25, Im just suggesting, because right now you get no rewards for completing CTF

Cahaun
04-19-2012, 02:05 PM
Sounds good with me

Gluttony
04-19-2012, 02:17 PM
Based on the time it may take to complete a CTF match, you would prolly have 2-3 energy waiting at that point. I think competing against other fellow players is supposed to be it's own reward, do we really need to add additional complications to an already greedy situation? Meaning: players stack now, they rush, they spawn kill, they do whatever it takes to get stats in the arena (and perhaps that's how it should be), but once there is a reward component the play will get downright ugly.

Irony
04-19-2012, 04:49 PM
Based on the time it may take to complete a CTF match, you would prolly have 2-3 energy waiting at that point.

Exactly, so the winning team gets 6 total energy in 15 minutes. A good deal in my opinion. People might farm the kill count achievement less and try to get those flags. Then again people might start to ignore killing anyone altogether and just win trade for energy...

ArtStar
04-19-2012, 11:25 PM
Loll, ctf is already something to keep you occupied while your energy recharges.
By the time a match ends you probably will gain one or two energies already.L

Ripper McGee
04-20-2012, 10:24 AM
Based on the time it may take to complete a CTF match, you would prolly have 2-3 energy waiting at that point. I think competing against other fellow players is supposed to be it's own reward, do we really need to add additional complications to an already greedy situation? Meaning: players stack now, they rush, they spawn kill, they do whatever it takes to get stats in the arena (and perhaps that's how it should be), but once there is a reward component the play will get downright ugly.

Playing devil's advocate, spawn-camping is a legitimate PvP tactic. It's not "greedy". I hate being killed as soon as I spawn, too, but that's PvP. Sometimes somebody was deliberately camping me and sometimes I just happened to spawn right in front of them as they came around the corner. That being said, the current PvP system needs enhancements with things like dropout penalties, fixing the team counter and putting in a tie-breaker team mechanic, a 5-second spawn immunity for immobile, non-charging players, etc... (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?54773-Official-Dark-Legends-Feedback-Thread-Player-vs-Player&p=625499#post625499)

With a more refined and "fair" PvP system, I'd be down with rewards. Personally, since I seem to spend more time PvPing than PvEing, I wouldn't mind (examples of rewards follow):

* earning experience through PvP
* having a chest spawn for the winning team with a % chance for legendary drops (just like combat mission rewards)
* earning gold
* earning blood packs
* earning energy