PDA

View Full Version : Customizations Commence!

Cinco
08-12-2010, 01:24 PM
Now that 1.3 is Live, we are ready to start offering a much wider variety of visual customizations for your avatars. The first round of customizations comes in the form of new hats! We would love for you to try them out and share your feedback (as usual) :)

Today there are a couple of different kinds of hat to buy: some of these hats (like the "Outlaw Cap" and the "Open Face Plate Helmet" styles) provide good armor and stat benefits. Others (specifically the "Rain Hat" items) are purely cosmetic - in that they do not offer any sort of stat bonus nor armor (or stat requirements, or level requirements). You can buy both classes of 'Cosmetic' and 'Non-Cosmetic' items with Platinum.

We are looking forward to feedback on these new items to help us drive decisions about the direction of future customizations. So, please feel free to respond in this thread with your thoughts and feelings about these new hats! We are planning to release a lot more of these vanity-items over time - as we digest the feedback and adjust our designs :)

Thanks a lot!

- Cinco

flaimdude
08-12-2010, 01:29 PM
Sweet! :D Also, first. :)

LIGHTNINGLORD67
08-12-2010, 01:30 PM
W00t w00t!!

kavanah
08-12-2010, 01:52 PM
I know you guys have to make money to live, but what about some cosmetic hats dropping very rarely?

KingFu
08-12-2010, 01:57 PM
Nice, the Merlin, Wizard Harry Potter hat thing looks funny on bears and archers, possibly mages, I like them! Just out of curiosity, how long do you think it would be until AO3? Thanks Cinco.

Royce
08-12-2010, 02:18 PM
I like the new hats. I am going to buy a cloudbreaker hat. Honestly, I think the higher level new hats are a bit overpriced at 10 plat since they will be mostly just for show anyway (their stats are not very good compared to what everyone already has), but maybe if there were matching sets of armor, etc. I would consider buying them. Anyway, the new hats are definitely cool, and it seems like a step in the right direction.

Edit: So I bought a rain hat and it's awesome. One question though, when's it gonna rain?

Iambirdman
08-12-2010, 03:13 PM
At first I was not too crazy about the hats, now that they got polished abit I am begging to like em, so thank you very much for quick fixes :)

FluffNStuff
08-12-2010, 03:30 PM
I like the new hats. I am going to buy a cloudbreaker hat. Honestly, I think the higher level new hats are a bit overpriced at 10 plat since they will be mostly just for show anyway (their stats are not very good compared to what everyone already has), but maybe if there were matching sets of armor, etc. I would consider buying them. Anyway, the new hats are definitely cool, and it seems like a step in the right direction.

Edit: So I bought a rain hat and it's awesome. One question though, when's it gonna rain?

Update 1.4 lol

Snakespeare
08-12-2010, 04:08 PM
Hey, even the hat I'm wearing got upgraded!!!!! It's a mere Dead-Eye Derby of the Eagle, but now it has two colors and textures.

Justg
08-12-2010, 04:09 PM
Hey, even the hat I'm wearing got upgraded!!!!! It's a mere Dead-Eye Derby of the Eagle, but now it has two colors and textures.

Well yeah... all existing hats got upgrades too.

Who loves ya? Spacetime loves ya!

Machinima
08-12-2010, 04:11 PM
A tuxedo and a top hat would look nice maybe a royal cane crossbow random..

Rarefew
08-12-2010, 04:12 PM
Wooooooohoooooo

Snakespeare
08-12-2010, 04:13 PM
Desert Fighter Helm looks cool!!! :-)

Royce
08-12-2010, 04:14 PM
Now there's a free rain hat. Doh! Shoulda bought a different one. Oh well, now I'm super prepared for inclement weather :D

Cinco
08-12-2010, 04:25 PM
The price of the "Windstorm" hat is not correct and will be fixed immediately :)
It will be priced to match other vanity items (like the sombrero)

- Cinco

FluffNStuff
08-12-2010, 04:25 PM
Now there's a free mage hat. Doh! Shoulda bought a different one. Oh well, now I'm super prepared for inclement weather :D

You mean rain hat?? I got the windy hat free, and went looking at the mage's, but nothing free. Either way, my Sunchaser hat is the best!

Machinima
08-12-2010, 04:29 PM
Can these items only be obtained with platnium?

Royce
08-12-2010, 04:30 PM
You mean rain hat?? I got the windy hat free, and went looking at the mage's, but nothing free. Either way, my Sunchaser hat is the best!
No way dude, the sunchaser makes you look like the morton salt girl. Cloudbreaker ftw! (plus the name reminds me of Men Who Stare at Goats)

Edit: Whoops I meant rain not mage.

FluffNStuff
08-12-2010, 04:35 PM
No way dude, the sunchaser makes you look like the morton salt girl. Cloudbreaker ftw! (plus the name reminds me of Men Who Stare at Goats)

Edit: Whoops I meant rain not mage.

Paddington bear look for the win, with the yellow hat. Just need some goloshes. Yeah, another English bear, go figure. Actually, if the bear could wear the petty coat style the bird wears, that would be perfect.

Royce
08-12-2010, 04:42 PM
The price of the "Windstorm" hat is not correct and will be fixed immediately :)
It will be priced to match other vanity items (like the sombrero)

- Cinco

Man, now I can't shake the feeling that I've stolen from STS... :(

Snakespeare
08-12-2010, 05:57 PM
It's not stealing! You are playtesting and you found something they can fix. If you hadn't mentioned it, they wouldn't be able to fix it until one of them noticed it, right? So, you should think of it like you got paid. :D

Dizko
08-12-2010, 06:32 PM
I'm liking the purely cosmetic/not purely cosmetic mix.

Already been complimented twice on my new black sombrero for my mexican birdy.

I saw Justg running around in his boy-George style shiny purple hat. I kept my distance.

jonboy
08-12-2010, 10:02 PM
But the purple hat is great

Blazedout
08-12-2010, 10:53 PM
I like the new cusomizations, however having them all purchased thru platinum to me makes them very unappealing. All I think when I see a hat is cool he spent 3-8 plat on that. To not be able to earn the hat, in my eyes, loses it's appeal. If there is a way in the future to earn the hats thru completed quest lines, achievements, feats of strength, possible boss drops or random rare trash drop item, then I would see the desire to want one. Until then, I would probably not purchase one with just plat.

I am referring to cosmetic hats only.

Nouda
08-12-2010, 11:02 PM
i looks like a boss

http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/zz189/noudapl/760c40e2.jpg

Leach
08-13-2010, 01:17 AM
Guess it's not my thing. I'll be excited with more content, not complaining just anxious.

Violentsaint
08-13-2010, 01:21 AM
i looks like a boss

http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/zz189/noudapl/760c40e2.jpg

i look exactly the same only with PL shield

Pimp hats FTW!

ratava
08-13-2010, 06:51 AM
My archer's got a robinhood type of hat, jolly good!

Duke
08-13-2010, 02:21 PM
What would be nice, especially as other sorts of customizible items come on line, is if you can equip a "town" set of accessories and a "battle" set. That way, any time you're in town, you can by stylin' in whatever fashion you desire, without having to manually make all of the switches every time you go from town to game and vice-versa.

And rare drops for unique and colorful "town" accessories would be pretty nifty, too.

Vynnr
08-15-2010, 12:35 AM
Expanding on the above idea, these customizations should be set as a "cosmetic" item and be able to overlay the standard "battle items" - say, you released a rubber chicken or something as comestic, and that would overlay any weapon I was currently holding - so my rubber chicken appears to do fearsome damage, though it's actually my weapon that I got for myself.

Kurlz
08-26-2010, 11:36 AM
Expanding on the above idea, these customizations should be set as a "cosmetic" item and be able to overlay the standard "battle items" - say, you released a rubber chicken or something as comestic, and that would overlay any weapon I was currently holding - so my rubber chicken appears to do fearsome damage, though it's actually my weapon that I got for myself.

pleasepleaseplease?
lol

jacademia1
04-30-2012, 08:49 PM

Jcyee
05-07-2012, 09:22 PM
hate to break it to ya jaca, but this contest has been over for almost 2 years.
next time, be sure to check when the threads started and ended