PDA

View Full Version : XP Stacking w/Pets & Set Bonuses

kcimythgim
02-23-2021, 01:16 AM
I've received conflicting info about XP stacking, so I decided to run some quick tests to see for myself. I've found This post (https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?110402-Guide-to-XP-Elixir-Stacking) helpful for understanding XP stacking in the past. However, it was created before pet and set XP bonuses, so I wanted to test if these XP bonuses stack as well. I've included my results below and my methodology and conclusion following my data:

Trial Type
Expected Total XP
Observed Total XP
Kills
Total XP
XP/Kill

Base (no modifiers)
1X
1X

Pink 3Pc Valentine's Set (2.5X)
2.5X
2.26X

Pink 3Pc Valentine's Set (2.5X)+Zeke (3X)
4.5X
4.57X

Pink 3Pc Valentine's Set (2.5X)+Zeke (3X)+Daily 2X combo elixir (2X)
5.5X
4.98X

Methodology:
For each run, I would enter The Legend of Ebonthrax I: The Isle of Night and run solo. I would deplete the total enemy count from 81=>41 for a total of 40 enemies defeated. This was done as a lvl 105 with enemy threat level yellow.

Conclusion: These trials show that the XP bonuses from non-vanity sets, pets, and daily elixirs all stack. I observed different multiplier values than were expected, but each additional XP bonus did increase my XP/kill value. Because visible XP counts are whole-numbers instead of decimals, my values may be somewhat inaccurate d/t using display XP values in my XP/kill calculation. Going forward, I'm interested in testing if multiple set XP bonuses can be applied concurrently (e.g. if XP bonuses from Valentine's set and Toy Man set will both apply if both sets are worn since one is vanity and one is non-vanity). But I need to get my hands on a Toy Man set first :) . Hope this helps.

Tpfelblatt
02-23-2021, 12:30 PM
Very nice post. It would be interesting to find out if XP set bonuses can be stacked with elixir bonuses from regular XP elixirs (platinum store/guildhall vendor/elixir kits).

Regarding threat levels (https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?141751-Relationship-between-threat-level-and-xp), yellow threat level grants approximately 1.29XP/kill. And apparently the threat level can drop when killing a certain amount of enemies.

ImRandy
02-24-2021, 09:40 AM
Very good post. The original 4 EXP modifier stack slots (purchased elixir/daily/week long/2x weekend) have obviously changed. Looks like the exp sets value took the place of the 2x exp weekends (2x weekends no longer exist) they were true modifiers as well. But the addition of the pet required the 1 from the base exp, and it’s interesting why the daily 2x exp combo did not give the full 1x as expected. .52exp diff seems like a big error for 40 kills. Wonder where the weird math is?

kcimythgim
02-24-2021, 01:44 PM
Very good post. The original 4 EXP modifier stack slots (purchased elixir/daily/week long/2x weekend) have obviously changed. Looks like the exp sets value took the place of the 2x exp weekends (2x weekends no longer exist) they were true modifiers as well. But the addition of the pet required the 1 from the base exp, and it’s interesting why the daily 2x exp combo did not give the full 1x as expected. .52exp diff seems like a big error for 40 kills. Wonder where the weird math is?

Thanks! Yeah, I was trying to wrap my brain around the 2x combo values as well. If the display XP actually rounded that much, I thought I would have observed more differences in the other XP accruals as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk