PDA

View Full Version : My biggest issue with DL / My suggestions.

Moonfiar
04-20-2012, 02:45 AM
Let me start off by saying I am posting from a phone with a shattered touch screen, so please excuse any spelling errors.

I would like to say that I've been a fan of StS for a very long time and a regular on PL. When I saw the news about DL, I did a happy nerd dance and downloaded it immediately.

I noticed that it had a feel of storm8's "live" series in that it's heavily energy/one-click mission based. Now while this is handy for some of my friends who hate mmo's, this is an awesome idea.

Even for me, I can't say I hate this feature. I find it quite helpful and I'm glad it's there. PL involved plugging away at dungeon after dungeon to collect, at times, thousands of kills or items and frankly, no one really has the time for all of that in one sitting.

But I am also seeing a HUGE downgrade in the dungeons. While I understand not everyone can play for hours on end, that does not mean a dungeon should only last a minute or two. Even with a smaller party size, you're still blasting through enemies.

A relatively easy fix for this would be to add in "raids" where the dungeons are longer with harder enemies, tougher bosses and more strategy/teamwork.

That way, people who only have time to check in and start/complete the one-click missions will still have a fun game for coffee breaks or a spare minute in the day, but for those of us that have an hour or two and that loved the grind aspect of PL can have an option to suit us.

I've seen StS reps state that the game isn't for everyone and I'm sure someone will say "if you don't like it, just go back to PL" but I love the theme and LOVE the graphics and combat art of DL.

If DL had raids or similar missions to PL, WHILE keeping the energy/one-click missions for people who don't have the time to commit, it would easily be one of the best games out there.

Lylaise
04-20-2012, 08:50 AM
You make a good point, and one that I've been meaning to bring up.

DL needs more dungeon content. I propose that instead of making the areas bigger, or in addition to, you add more enemies in each area, maybe two to three times as many, and allow up to five people to join multiplayer.

However, for solo I think the amount of enemies should not change. Maybe it could even do with a decrease in some areas, like the gang levels.

Grinding levels was irritating in SL, so I like that in solo mode the levels are short. But multiplayer mode needs more content, for sure.

Also, please for the love of all things vampiric, let us make locked games!! XD

(And locked PvP sessions, too. :P)

LookBehindMe
04-20-2012, 09:05 AM
I think something that needs to be kept in mind is that the lvl cap is only at 21 right now.... I'm sure most ppl felt the same way about pl when it's cap was low as well.

Shuri
04-20-2012, 10:50 AM
Agreed, The "Combat Mission" feature should last a little longer than a set path zone. When I jumped into the game I was a little disappointed at how quick the missions were causing me to solo them most the time instead of doing multi player. In fact the only time I would do multi player is usually either when I'm out of blood packs and wouldn't mind a few extra bucks or if I just miss click. Other than that I usually stick to solo runs, Even thought I think STS has upped the difficulty of the missions itself now it's still easier to just solo run them in my honest opinion.

Also a easy way around fixing this would probably be just making the missions longer in general even if it means making it use more energy I'm fine with that because energy to me isn't really the issue, I like the game play. The experience I get from playing the game and socilizing with people. But the dungeons have to go longer even if it means adding a new over level 20+ map that has team-based missions that are no way in any form solo-able and don't give the option to solo.

+1 thanks to poster :)

Moonfiar
04-20-2012, 11:05 AM
I'm glad I'm not the only one in this boat!

I agree that the levels could be longer in the campaign but some people do like being able to solo or get that quick dungeon in.

I was thinking maybe an extra area on vamp street. Sort of like the pvp zone but for raids set ups.

Maybe the person who goes into the zone will get a screen where there can choose content; this could be by level or party size or both. They could lock games, invite friends..

Maybe make it a room in the style of guild halls in PL where you can buy last minute blood packs.

And for you StS reps: there's money to be made with this idea. Put a buff vendor there selling buff pots that will last the duration of the raid for a few plat.

I might actually buy plat for DL lol.