PDA

View Full Version : Yay! Vermin Swarm got nerfed...

Blaquehaaart
04-20-2012, 03:41 AM
Seriously, did you not think it was bound to happen? It was so cheap!!!

Dartagnian
04-20-2012, 03:55 AM
Sarcasm +1?

8)

Can never rely on those rats and squirrels anyways.

Zerious
04-20-2012, 11:49 AM
just leap on shizz you'll be k

Ripper McGee
04-20-2012, 12:41 PM
Seriously, did you not think it was bound to happen? It was so cheap!!!

I still get stunned every time for at least a second or two, after which I'm snared. As far as I'm concerned, long distance stuns are a cheap tactic. I don't mind getting stunned when I get hit with a weapon or am in melee range, but locking me down before I have a chance to even get close to you is ridiculous. It needs to not stun at all, AFAIK, otherwise it's still a level 20 vs. everybody else game... My last match stats showed that completely - it was a great long match, but it was players with 20 to 40 kills vs. players with 90+ kills.

Vlad DuCantes
04-20-2012, 12:52 PM
Hey Ripper! I was in that match as well was quite long and the most skilled 18-19s had 30~40 kills while the skilled 20s had 80~90. Although facing 20s with Swarm has only helped me improve my pvp game.

Ripper McGee
04-20-2012, 02:58 PM
Hey Ripper! I was in that match as well was quite long and the most skilled 18-19s had 30~40 kills while the skilled 20s had 80~90. Although facing 20s with Swarm has only helped me improve my pvp game.

Hi Vlad! Yeah, I quickly changed up my strategy. I realized I was the lowest level player in the match, so rather than try to kill , I switched to distract and defend suicide mode. If somebody on the other team is wasting time on me, they're not somewhere else trying to get the flag.

Blaquehaaart
04-20-2012, 11:10 PM
You can shadow dance through swarm now though...and it doesn't completely lock down charging skills.

I don't think it's swarm that's stunning you it must be another skill.

Eh, I'm not using any stun tactics anymore...it was a boarding play style.

BATHORYARIA
04-28-2012, 10:42 AM
You can shadow dance through swarm now though...and it doesn't completely lock down charging skills.

Been going through same thing trying to just figure it out. So when 20 swarm maxed out? Leap looks kick *** if maxed too having fun though but 20's are dominating.~ Evildead

Blaquehaaart
04-28-2012, 01:28 PM
Been going through same thing trying to just figure it out. So when 20 swarm maxed out? Leap looks kick *** if maxed too having fun though but 20's are dominating.~ Evildead

Swarm is a high dps aoe dot as well. If a higher lvl player with good gear drops it you are going to die.

Although, what's op is that people are chaining charged fb, stomp, swarmm which complete immobilizes, sends you flying across the board, and if the person out gears you you'll die, without having the chance to fight back.

Otukura
04-30-2012, 12:34 AM
Swarm is a high dps aoe dot as well. If a higher lvl player with good gear drops it you are going to die.

Although, what's op is that people are chaining charged fb, stomp, swarmm which complete immobilizes, sends you flying across the board, and if the person out gears you you'll die, without having the chance to fight back.

Unholy blessing, if you can afford a point, will completely nullify swarm.

If you can't, like me, instead of using fb/stomp first vs a person with this combo, kite them. Right at the 12m range, use vermin, and back away. They can only get in fb when timed right. The next fight your fb+stomp is normally enough to finish them. You'll generally have swarm back. Carry hell blades(or brimstone when the cap increases) so that you may add a little more damage while still being able to kite. If they can't get in that 6m range for stomp, they can't kill you.

Blaquehaaart
04-30-2012, 01:19 AM
Unholy blessing, if you can afford a point, will completely nullify swarm.

If you can't, like me, instead of using fb/stomp first vs a person with this combo, kite them. Right at the 12m range, use vermin, and back away. They can only get in fb when timed right. The next fight your fb+stomp is normally enough to finish them. You'll generally have swarm back. Carry hell blades(or brimstone when the cap increases) so that you may add a little more damage while still being able to kite. If they can't get in that 6m range for stomp, they can't kill you.

If you drop the combo right you can't block it. Stomp locks out your skills, you'll eall all the damage, and it'll push you far enough away to give them a chance to charge up a skill. The reason every one runs that combo is because it's basically an I win button.

Otukura
04-30-2012, 01:21 AM
If you drop the combo right you can't block it. Stomp locks out your skills, you'll eall all the damage, and it'll push you far enough away to give them a chance to charge up a skill. The reason every one runs that combo is because it's basically an I win button.

Stomp may stop it, but it can't stop it if you stay out of its 6m range.

Blaquehaaart
04-30-2012, 01:25 AM
Yeah, that might be doable 1v1 but it's not so easy when an entire teams drops it at once.

Also, that doesn't get around the issue that it's way too op.

Otukura
04-30-2012, 01:28 AM
Yeah, that might be doable 1v1 but it's not so easy when an entire teams drops it at once.

Agree there. When the next DoT becomes available, I feel we'll be seeing a whole lot of blessings to cancel both these spell's effects.

Blaquehaaart
04-30-2012, 01:33 AM
Blessing doesn't work against chaining. That's the problem, it'll only drop one effect. It doesn't really work against the current combo either. That's my point. If someone drops on you right UB doesn't do anything, you'll eat all the damage before you can activate it.

UB should just give full snare and stun immunity while it's active.

Odemus
04-30-2012, 06:28 PM
I like the skills I leveled to 21 with. I refuse to be a cookie cutter lemming and respec to VS and UB. I still fair well against the insta win combo.

Blaquehaaart
05-01-2012, 05:41 AM
Eh, I just respec'd for it and the build is retardedly overpowered. Not only is it more efficient on blood, but it also gives you more survivability. It's so dumb...

Odemus
05-01-2012, 11:47 AM
It basically boils down to everyone running around with the same cookie cutter spec. Charge FB, hope to get it off first, slam VS, Leap and hell blades, grab a heart before your next victim or die. Spawn, rinse and repeat. Not a whole lot of diversity or strategy even.

Blaquehaaart
05-01-2012, 11:57 AM
It basically boils down to everyone running around with the same cookie cutter spec. Charge FB, hope to get it off first, slam VS, Leap and hell blades, grab a heart before your next victim or die. Spawn, rinse and repeat. Not a whole lot of diversity or strategy even.

Yep, it's skilless spec that boils down to gear. Unfortunately it is the most blood efficient spec which provides the best survivability, with ranged, aoe snares, skill lock down stuns, knock back, and great damage that cannot be countered if you chain it together right.

The entire skill system needs to be reworked.

Odemus
05-01-2012, 01:14 PM
I have a feeling that when they raise the level cap there will be a bit more diversity in specs but as of right now it's pretty straight forward what you have to do if you want at least a 2 to 1 kill ratio.

Cahaun
05-01-2012, 02:11 PM

Swarm stuns when it is charged, and it charges fast.

Blaquehaaart
05-01-2012, 02:14 PM
Swarm stuns when it is charged, and it charges fast.

Yeah, you can stunlock with a fb/vs/stomp build as well.