PDA

View Full Version : The temptation

saool
04-20-2012, 01:12 PM
I had said I was going to refrain myself from buying platinum for a while...well thanks to this evil temptation STS has made with 2k platinum for $60 (rounding off), I couldn't resist. I'm ashamed, but content lol now I'll wait a while...well after I possibly buy the 800 pack on DL...tsk tsk...anywho happy gaming to you all and hope you have fun this weekend.

P.S. (A R G) Expect to see me ig a lot more throughout (specially during the weekends) been busy with teaching music ugh lol but I love it just as much as I love my guildies.

RedRyder
04-20-2012, 01:28 PM
I contemplated buying plat yesterday, sober, but decided not to. I got home around 3am, drunk, and purchased 800. I woke up in the morning with my account 34.99 lower, pissed, and was about to attempt a refund until I noticed the red dragon flying around.

Crap.

Then I figured I'd need it all for Humania anyway.

Lowlyspy
04-20-2012, 01:54 PM
Yay sao! Well, not for the plat, but yay for you being on more :D

saool
04-20-2012, 05:37 PM
I contemplated buying plat yesterday, sober, but decided not to. I got home around 3am, drunk, and purchased 800. I woke up in the morning with my account 34.99 lower, pissed, and was about to attempt a refund until I noticed the red dragon flying around.

Crap.

lmao that happens to me too ugh it sucks but oh well...

Haha

saool
04-20-2012, 05:54 PM
Yay sao! Well, not for the plat, but yay for you being on more :D

Hehe love you Mr. Low <3

Suentous PO
04-20-2012, 06:51 PM
Wow, teaching now also?
Grats, you rock!
Uh and jazz, an funk an spin ect...

saool
04-20-2012, 10:20 PM
Wow, teaching now also?
Grats, you rock!
Uh and jazz, an funk an spin ect...

Haha yesh I'm giving somewhat private lessons (somewhat in the sense that it's free and not for pay) and I'm helping out with a marching band, color guard drumline and also concert band.

I focus on low brass instruments and guitar/bass guitar for jazz. Funk I do on my own ;) haha

Growwle
04-20-2012, 10:41 PM
I broke down and bought plat too, had to have the scout gear.

saool
04-21-2012, 07:00 AM
I broke down and bought plat too, had to have the scout gear.

It happens lol trust me

Artentreri
04-21-2012, 10:38 AM
I'm too poor to buy plat. Hey red, hook it up! :p

Irulelol
04-21-2012, 10:43 AM
I focus on low brass instruments and guitar/bass guitar for jazz. Funk I do on my own ;) haha

Bass Clarinet for the win :p

saool
04-21-2012, 10:58 AM

In-doo-bah-tah-lee...
Tuba haha
They don't call me an oompa-loom-pah- just because ;)

But I do know how to play a bass clarinet lmao

Irulelol
04-21-2012, 11:13 AM

In-doo-bah-tah-lee...
Tuba haha

Lol any tips on playin the upper octave? I can get it sometimes but most of the time I cant :) lol

RedRyder
04-21-2012, 11:19 AM
I'm too poor to buy plat. Hey red, hook it up! :p

Trade ya some plat for a choco Taco!

Roc
04-21-2012, 12:23 PM

Crap.

Maybe we should hear more of your amusing life decisions while you were a bit of a spoony bard :biggrin:

saool
04-21-2012, 12:59 PM

In-doo-bah-tah-lee...
Tuba haha

Lol any tips on playin the upper octave? I can get it sometimes but most of the time I cant :) lol

In (and I mean) 6th grade my audition piece was the tuba-teer polka....lol
At that grade I was playing high school (college music) I'm like I said a freak when it comes to music. I love it. And so I teach it But best tecknick for higher register in brasswinds is to pull your lips from the mouthpiece. Kinda like saying eeh-oh and keep it at the eeh part. For most brasswind instruments. I tried the bagpipe last night and I got most off the notes.

Anywho jazz trumpet is eeeeeh- unlesss you have a shallow mouthpiece to give you a higher register

But for bass clarinet try putting less of the mouthpiece in your mouth

saool
04-21-2012, 01:21 PM
another thing practice your major and minor scales
Along with the arpeggios in different keys.

There's a pattern in music. B flat major scale on a bass cleff only has one flat, and that's b flat. Which means you can you play a pattern of 5-7-9, 5-7-9 ,6-7-9 to make a scale on any fret. I may be mistaken and if anything you can hear it, but if I am try the pattern I gave you with only the penultimate octive higher.

E flat major has three flats b e g I believe any major or minor scale will take the last note from a scale that type of thing lol

Artentreri
04-22-2012, 09:41 AM
Trade ya some plat for a choco Taco!

50 plat for a bite, 350 for the whole thing.

Swords
04-22-2012, 03:19 PM
i would get mad if i bot plat with all my itunes money the day before sale -_-

Sryyoulose
04-22-2012, 08:06 PM
Hey red, I'll trade you my WHOLE cookie only 999,999,999,999 Plat. Good deal^_^