PDA

View Full Version : New Game Mode (Single Player Time Attack) with rewards

djshiro
04-20-2012, 04:07 PM
I was playing the new game Dark Legends and while waiting for Energy to reset i came up with a game mode i like to share with everyone,
But first a little about me Im a Game Design Student working on my Bachelors degree in game design...My Idea

Game Mechanics used: Exploration and Collection

Feature Idea

Player talks to Time Attack NPC to start game.

Single Player Time Attack:

As the game starts the screen shows a small cut scene to where each gem in the stage is located till the camera comes back on the player
(can be skipped on touch of screen)

After the screen comes on to player

- The player will run throughout the map killing enemies while also trying to keep their blood at a full to half ratio.
- The blood of the player will slowly decrease as they progress through the level collecting all the gems.
- Each time the player collects a blood gem the players health increase just enough for them to get the next blood gem.

- At the end of each stage the player gets the experience and gold that will depend on their time of completing the stage. (example below)

1st place: Set time completed: Experience 25 - Gold 255 - 3 energy points - 5% chance of rare drop
2nd place: Set Time Completed: Experience 15 - Gold 155 - 2 energy points - 2.5% chance of rare drop
3rd place: Set Time Completed: Experience - 5 - Gold - 55 - 1 energy point - 1% chance of rare drop

- At end of race players best time is put on Lairs Leader Board.

Foot Note:
This can be done as a single or multi-player and seems like it would be a fun time killer just like PvP has come to be.

Please leave any comments as this will help me to become a better game deisgner thanks for reading my game Mode idea

Gambatte
04-20-2012, 06:14 PM
This sounds like a very interesting idea!

iAmPain
04-20-2012, 11:07 PM
i dont seem to get why this should be approved not that im not cool w/ it. its just i dnt see the point doin it. ppl are having smooth sailing on lvling right now and everyone is still occupied.. overall this could be added if DL players asks for more and they dont have an event for about 3-5months

djshiro
04-21-2012, 10:30 AM
I know the lvling is smooth it's just a add on for people who don't want to just do pvp all the time and do something relaxing to help earn energy, experience and gold

Takezaki
04-21-2012, 10:51 AM
This sounds awesome, I'm all for new game modes.

djshiro
04-22-2012, 12:07 PM
Anymore comment guys?

trixie
04-22-2012, 12:19 PM
I like this idea. I think it's a great idea and sounds very well thought out :)

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

djshiro
04-23-2012, 01:23 PM
anyone's feed back negitive or positive would be nice :)

djshiro
04-27-2012, 10:02 AM
bump xD

Samhayne
04-27-2012, 11:01 AM
The problem with offline or single player modes is that they are very exploitable. Currently, Spacetime Games are relatively secure because of the client/server architecture. We basically don't trust anything the game client sends us. An offline or single player mode like you describe would have to have no rewards for it to remain secure. If there are no rewards, then there is little draw to actually do it.

That's why we haven't gone after such modes.

Your idea also has merit as a new map type. It sounds cool, but we don't currently have tools to create such a mode, so it's on ye olde list of "cool stuff we could do" which is a pretty long list :)

OvigorothO
04-27-2012, 11:15 AM
great idea

djshiro
04-29-2012, 03:11 PM
The problem with offline or single player modes is that they are very exploitable. Currently, Spacetime Games are relatively secure because of the client/server architecture. We basically don't trust anything the game client sends us. An offline or single player mode like you describe would have to have no rewards for it to remain secure. If there are no rewards, then there is little draw to actually do it.

That's why we haven't gone after such modes.

Your idea also has merit as a new map type. It sounds cool, but we don't currently have tools to create such a mode, so it's on ye olde list of "cool stuff we could do" which is a pretty long list :)

No, Sam I think you took the single player thing the wrong way..this would be like a pvp not a offline mode that is not what I was going for.
I said this could be done as a single player mode like the solo mode for missions or like a multiplayer mode same way that is of missions there was nothing about being a offline mode.

HunterSLAYER
05-02-2012, 02:55 PM
I'm pretty sure Mr Game designer didn't mentioned about his idea being an offline one too.
+1 for such an AWESOME idea!

Rare
05-02-2012, 04:16 PM
i dont seem to get why this should be approved not that im not cool w/ it. its just i dnt see the point doin it. ppl are having smooth sailing on lvling right now and everyone is still occupied.. overall this could be added if DL players asks for more and they dont have an event for about 3-5months

Being proactive isn't a bad thing. Its inevitable that people will start to get bored. Why wait until that happens and they start quitting?

djshiro
05-10-2012, 12:25 AM
Bump :)