PDA

View Full Version : What is this level 20+ killer combo?

Ripper McGee
04-20-2012, 05:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AKiyZlIM1U

Please note, I had full health (699) and she took me from full health to knocking me all the way across the room, stunning me and dead from a Vermin Swarm DoT within seconds. Wickedly cool (for the pitcher, not the catcher), but over powered?

Big ups to Neoxdeath (who was kicking my butt) and Vlad Ducantes (my teammate). It was a fun match and Neoxdeath did a superb job of defending the keep against Vlad and I (it was only her versus us at the end). She kept taking us both out pretty easily even though my stats are comparable to hers and I'm sure Vlad's are, too. That points to how overpowered some skills and/or combos are in PvP (and this is post Vermin Swarm nerf).

FYI ,I've been knocked back a lot farther than that, but the corner stopped my progress. It's crazy getting knocked back across what seems like 1/2 the map!

Zerious
04-20-2012, 05:39 PM
you did grab the flag... which starts draining you as soon as you pick it up, so it may have exaggerated the impact of the combo a bit. That and you did pretty much nothing to counterattack... So... Yeah i'm not sure if it's "OP", just a misplay on your part... no offense...

Ripper McGee
04-20-2012, 05:46 PM
you did grab the flag... which starts draining you as soon as you pick it up, so it may have exaggerated the impact of the combo a bit. That and you did pretty much nothing to counterattack... So... Yeah i'm not sure if it's "OP", just a misplay on your part... no offense...

No offense taken. To address your comments:

1) The flag drains health over time. Not enough time had passed for it to have drained any health significantly. It's not like she hit me after I'd drug the flag halfway across the map.
2) This was at least my 20th death to that combo (or others like it) in that match already, so I went in with fraps to record it, which is why I didn't fight back. Not that it matters, because nothing I did all match could counter her (and I tried a lot). Also, I was basically stun-locked. I couldn't do anything until you see me start to move again, which was obviously too late, since the vermin were still feeding on me...

Beanmachine
04-20-2012, 06:07 PM
Im taking that she is lv20, which means she has access to leap, vermin swarm, and fatal burst.
No hell blades were activated so the order must have been-Charged Fatal Burst, Leap, finished by Vermin Swarm.

neoxdeth
04-20-2012, 07:46 PM
Heyo im famous lol, yes I am 20 bean your wrong, im the only one that uses this combo
Yes its op this needs a rebalancing imo, and because of the access to these op skills we lvl 20s need our own bracket in pvp its unfair to those 6 or less lvls than us, vermin swarm hasnt really been nerfed as a pvp mechanic, I understand fast action pvp is the aim but that vid is stupid. Back to the point lol, this was fun, I did die a few times due to the pro teamwork, but I got 47 kills.

Otukura
04-20-2012, 08:38 PM
I think it was just fatalburst --> leap --> vermin. Not even 4 skills.

Cahaun
04-20-2012, 08:45 PM
Heyo im famous lol, yes I am 20 bean your wrong, im the only one that uses this combo
Yes its op this needs a rebalancing imo, and because of the access to these op skills we lvl 20s need our own bracket in pvp its unfair to those 6 or less lvls than us, vermin swarm hasnt really been nerfed as a pvp mechanic, I understand fast action pvp is the aim but that vid is stupid. Back to the point lol, this was fun, I did die a few times due to the pro teamwork, but I got 47 kills.
You can't be sure you are the only one who uses that combo. -_-'

Ripper McGee
04-20-2012, 10:30 PM
I'm sure she's not, because I've been killed by it in a lot of matches. Basically, it goes like this:

1) Hey, there are some enemies up ahead, I'm going to charge up and and meet them head on!
2) Why am I flying from the center of the map all the way to the wall by the spawn point from what appears to be a single hit?!?
3) Dead/Respawn
4) Happens about 30 more times if there are 20s in the match.

Late
04-20-2012, 10:31 PM
swarm and charged slash thingy

Blaquehaaart
04-20-2012, 11:05 PM
I've played against someone that uses this combo and it'll send you across the entire board if there is nothing obstructing you. I'm not sure if it was nexodeath that did it to me. It might of been birdgirl(sp?).

Who ever the person that says, "fly away" when they do it. I think it's a keyboard macro or something. Lawlz...it's kinda funny.

Zerious
04-21-2012, 12:58 AM
so i looked carefully at the vid and saw Leap right into UHstrike for the knockback (similar to Stomp sms in PL), then Fburst to vermin during the knockback. Nice

neoxdeth
04-21-2012, 01:21 AM
As far as im aware I am the only one using the modified version of this, ive played all the top players, and it is fb somtimes charged vermin leap and uf, if you time it perfectly it one shots and all ur skills hit, it appears as though u use one skill, im considering using the charge instead of uf, but alot of player's use this

mydragoon
04-23-2012, 04:18 AM
sorry to OT... but how did you guys record the session? is there a function available on Android?

birdqueen
04-23-2012, 04:40 AM
many ppl like the combo, Baked/ Uk**/ Atti** etc..

I ve no plat, so it's hard to win 1v1, coz I can't buy plat in my country now Lol

Ripper McGee
04-23-2012, 09:19 AM
sorry to OT... but how did you guys record the session? is there a function available on Android?

I'm playing on Chrome (Windows 7) and used FRAPS. I then used Windows Live Movie Maker to compress the file to HD 1080p format and uploaded it to my Youtube acccount.

Cero
04-23-2012, 02:45 PM
the skills she used are

Charged Fatal Blast(stuns/root for 5secs?) > Leap ( coz the push back) > Swarm (rats , DoTs)

-----------------------------------------

Charged Swarm + fatal Blast = Combo. That will surely pops "combo" on target.

neoxdeth
04-23-2012, 03:16 PM
Lol, cero your wrong I stated my combo above

Cero
04-24-2012, 07:17 PM
ic, i shoudve read all the post :P

nice quick hands.

Swede
04-26-2012, 02:59 PM
We're looking in to the stacking push problem that makes you fly all over the place as multiple Powers are used on you.

Also, remember that using Unholy Blessing as soon as you get hit by Vermin Swarm will remove it, stopping the dot damage.

I'm in the process of making Unholy Blessing also interrupt a Charged Fatal Burst attached to you.

Ripper McGee
04-26-2012, 04:35 PM
What about implementing a delay (say .5 seconds), before another power can be activated?

TANKKAAR
04-26-2012, 05:33 PM
What about implementing a delay (say .5 seconds), before another power can be activated?

If you want GCD go play PL ...lol ... Please no global call downs on DL too :(

Blaquehaaart
04-26-2012, 08:32 PM
We're looking in to the stacking push problem that makes you fly all over the place as multiple Powers are used on you.

Also, remember that using Unholy Blessing as soon as you get hit by Vermin Swarm will remove it, stopping the dot damage.

I'm in the process of making Unholy Blessing also interrupt a Charged Fatal Burst attached to you.

Are you sure about this? I've been using UB when I get vs'd or FB. It doesn't seem like it does anything.

Ripper McGee
04-26-2012, 08:49 PM
Are you sure about this? I've been using UB when I get vs'd or FB. It doesn't seem like it does anything.

I respecced to it today after the patch to test it. It works, but only once you're able to actually click it (which isn't right away). It's basically completely worthless, IMO. It's really only useful in a "best case one-on-one" scenario, otherwise it doens't do much to mitigate damage and it's cooldown is far too long to have it slotted. After one match using it, I respeced back out.

Blaquehaaart
04-26-2012, 09:19 PM
I just tested it. It works, but it doesn't do much against the fb/vs/stomp combo because they are chaining all the the snares together and you can't activate it through the stomp stun. Also, teams spam charged fb so even if you use it to counter one, the next sticks. So you have to eat the first stun, or burn ub, for one.

I suggest just giving ub full stun/snare immunity. Snare in this game are way too op because they also do tons of damage. Also, you lose the charge of utility of ub because you are save it as a snare breaker. Thus, in most cases you're only getting the 15 sec buff. Ub also has the longest cooldown in the game.

Sarge
04-27-2012, 02:01 AM

I kinda like the multiple push combos.

From what I've seen, you only get pushed a really long distance if you let the leap hit you after the FB and VS. If you keep out of the 6m range of the leap then you only get pushed back half as far (approx 12 - 15m).....which imo adds an extra strategic element to the game play.

Blaquehaaart
04-27-2012, 03:26 AM
I kinda like the multiple push combos.

From what I've seen, you only get pushed a really long distance if you let the leap hit you after the FB and VS. If you keep out of the 6m range of the leap then you only get pushed back half as far (approx 12 - 15m).....which imo adds an extra strategic element to the game play.

I don't think it's the intension of the. Stacking the snares is way too op, it's basically an I-win combo. It's definitely something that needs to be tuned down.