PDA

View Full Version : Best DPS Weapon

kinawarrior
08-12-2010, 03:39 PM
What is currently the best dps weapon, combining all classes together? I am wanting to create a character that does the absolute most dps. I am thinking a enchanter archer would be the best dps with all their AE spells and DD spells.

Or, do full int elves get an item that is better dps than the blasters / talons / bows?

Are plasma swords in the same realm? I think they are quite a way's below in terms of dps.

I currently have a bear with plasma, bird with talon, and a little elf. I know very little of the int class, so wanted to make sure I spec them correctly while leveling up.

I do understand that when the stat conversion comes out, it will be different results. But, until then, I am wanting to know what the best dps weapon in game is!

kavanah
08-12-2010, 03:42 PM
Well I can only speak on a Bear's behalf since I'm not a 45 with the other classes. It seems that mages do the most aoe dmg while birdys tear up single target units.

Bear's with djinn spear however, break armor and therefore add dps to everyone who hits that target!

So djinn spear on bear may not be the best single dps, but overall it adds to your teams dps greatly. I've seen some high dps dagger weilders too bears and birds.

iMaximus
08-12-2010, 03:42 PM
From what I've seen....Daggers and Khopesh's (?sp?) have the best dps in the game.

kinawarrior
08-12-2010, 03:45 PM
Unless kopesh has some sort of proc on it, plasma is still superior.

The lack of dps from the spear is so large that I don't even bother with the break armor proc. Having to rely on a proc to get damage is not a good idea.

Dagger is good, but probably need to be a bear I'm guessing so you don't die every 30 seconds :)

I'm thinking dex chanter is best dps, but now to get the best weapon...

kavanah
08-12-2010, 03:48 PM
From what I've seen....Daggers and Khopesh's (?sp?) have the best dps in the game.

Plasma in fact does more dps by a marginal amount 1-2dps more than Khopesh.

Djinn spear I think does more damage than all, especially after you take into account the team hitting a target you have broken armor on.

kinawarrior
08-12-2010, 03:50 PM
I'm looking for a single character and dps, not the ability to have other's add dps. Basically, for soloing.

Royce
08-12-2010, 04:12 PM
Highest DPS weapons are daggers by a wide margin. In addition they have a bleed proc that causes even more damage over time.

Snakespeare
08-12-2010, 04:16 PM
Dagger, and not only that, you get to use a wing shield for more armor.

But DPS does not take into consideration armor, and daggers get their DPS from their 0.3 speed, not from high damage. In the end, when opponent armor is high, DPS may be a very misleading stat, and you'd want a slower weapon that actually cuts through the armor.

kinawarrior
08-12-2010, 04:17 PM
I was afraid of daggers being the highest dps. With dagger's being the best, that means you will need a lot of survivability, aka, bear. Bear's have the worst dps special attacks, so, consider that into the equation.

For a pure range attack, dex mag with a bow of some sort?

For best solo dps solo, bear with dagger?

Couple examples to compare to:

Solo AO2 map 3 with the fastest setup, using the least amount of pots
Solo balefort maze with the fastest setup

The balefort maze would probably be faster with mag and bow because you can range on the way to the target.

FluffNStuff
08-12-2010, 04:18 PM
Highest DPS weapons are daggers by a wide margin. In addition they have a bleed proc that causes even more damage over time.

Add to that with a bear rage adds 25 pts to actual damage of a .3 speed weapon which shoots its DPS from 244 to 316!

Chickdigcookies
08-12-2010, 04:19 PM
I'm looking for a single character and dps, not the ability to have other's add dps. Basically, for soloing.

Bowtress with full Thoth/Talon..thats 25 MS, bye bye mana pots...unless u use mana bubble, then a couple mana pots are good. :O

build:

row 1:5-5-5-1
row 2:5-2-0-5
row 3:5-1-5-5

but dont tell anyone...

kinawarrior
08-12-2010, 04:19 PM
Dagger, and not only that, you get to use a wing shield for more armor.

But DPS does not take into consideration armor, and daggers get their DPS from their 0.3 speed, not from high damage. In the end, when opponent armor is high, DPS may be a very misleading stat, and you'd want a slower weapon that actually cuts through the armor.

The whole speed vs dmg to higher armor has been a heated debate since the beginning of mmo's. I'll always choose the lower delay item to get more hits.

kinawarrior
08-12-2010, 04:20 PM
Bowtress with full Thoth/Talon..thats 25 MS, bye bye mana pots...unless u use mana bubble, then a couple mana pots are good. :O

build:

row 1:5-5-5-1
row 2:5-2-0-5
row 3:5-1-5-5

but dont tell anyone...

What do those builds and the row mean?

I find that around 10m/s is sufficient to spam while killing :)

Chickdigcookies
08-12-2010, 04:24 PM
What do those builds and the row mean?

I find that around 10m/s is sufficient to spam while killing :)

rows = skill rows...?

like when you look at the skills, theres 3 rows. the number (example, 5-5-5-1) means max the first, second and third on that row, and add one on the last skill of that row...

Snakespeare
08-12-2010, 04:24 PM
I was afraid of daggers being the highest dps. With dagger's being the best, that means you will need a lot of survivability, aka, bear. Bear's have the worst dps special attacks, so, consider that into the equation.

For a pure range attack, dex mag with a bow of some sort?

For best solo dps solo, bear with dagger?

Couple examples to compare to:

Solo AO2 map 3 with the fastest setup, using the least amount of pots
Solo balefort maze with the fastest setup

The balefort maze would probably be faster with mag and bow because you can range on the way to the target.

Well, there you have another reason why DPS is not the end all and be all.

Use an auto-crossbow. I think the first drops around 19th level. Speed is 0.9 and the range is awesome!

Later levels use the battle crossbow for more damage...

kinawarrior
08-12-2010, 04:30 PM
DPS is damage per second on average. Aka, 500 dmg weapon with 10 delay is going to be an average of 50dps. 400 dmg weapon with 8 delay is going to be the same. Each MMO has other attributing factors to what raises and lowers dps, but that is the general idea.

So, from what I'm gathering, dagger dex elf is best dps, but survivability will be pretty low. So, off set survivability with a bear, but sacrifice dps.

Or, do a range item with dex elf. That appears to be the best combo for raw dps on a solo basis, would everyone agree? If so, then the question comes, what is the best range dps item? I have red the scarab bows are the best, but I personally thing they are not anywhere near as good as a thoth talon / ryloxx blaster, I have used all 3.

kinawarrior
08-12-2010, 04:30 PM
rows = skill rows...?

like when you look at the skills, theres 3 rows. the number (example, 5-5-5-1) means max the first, second and third on that row, and add one on the last skill of that row...

Gotcha, I was thinking something along those lines. I'll go find a screenshot of all the skills now :)