PDA

View Full Version : New, help?

Mohawkski
04-20-2012, 10:26 PM
I'm new to DL and I don't play PL or SL. I'm pretty active and love the game but I have one question...when it comes to stats what should I focus on? For example health or attack? Obviously your answers will be opinions of what you yourself prefer so if you let me know exactly why you prefer it I'd appreciate it. (:

Xenu
04-21-2012, 09:29 PM
I'm pretty new too but have looked into it. Attack adds to your health and damage, so it's kinda secondary. Pretty much always go for damage over attack. Health is just health and defense is much more important from what I've gathered. I think that the most important stat is defense followed by damage. Also, go to Lair and click Powers and turn off auto levelling so you can spend power points as you wish. I think the passive powers are important and auto levelling won't put points into one. I went with the defense one. Hope this helps some.

FluffNStuff
04-21-2012, 09:32 PM
From what I have seen, 'go' health till you get in the areas with a lot of gun shooters. At that point switch to defense because you are going to take a lot of hits.

ArtStar
04-30-2012, 07:08 PM
For PvE go with all offensive gear that focuses on your attacks.
For PvP, I am not expert but what I've seen is people max out their health and focus on defensive gear.

Welcome new member!

Ebecoar
01-11-2014, 11:52 AM
For PvE go with all offensive gear that focuses on your attacks.
For PvP, I am not expert but what I've seen is people max out their health and focus on defensive gear.

Welcome new member!
Actually we focus a lot more on DPS

Contravention
01-11-2014, 02:50 PM
Lol don't focus on DPS lol DPS means nothing xD I use low lvl gems and low lvl status just to proof to people status don't matter

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Contravention
01-11-2014, 02:54 PM
Low lvl stats I play against lvl 36 and yet I still do better then 90% of the players

deathbydesign
01-11-2014, 02:59 PM
yea but those r good stats

Contravention
01-11-2014, 05:15 PM
Lol really people say they aren't since I don't use form gems lol and IDC about the health either

hellprince
01-12-2014, 11:32 AM
mate i have been playing pvp for nearly 2 years now and i can assure you it doesn't matter how much your stats are what matter is how you use your powers and how to coordinate your attack ^_^

Contravention
01-12-2014, 01:15 PM
What I do spam spam spam hahah and tactical running

Ebecoar
01-14-2014, 10:11 PM
Aaaaaaaa noob runner lol

Ebecoar
01-14-2014, 10:12 PM
Lol don't focus on DPS lol DPS means nothing xD I use low lvl gems and low lvl status just to proof to people status don't matter

R U SERIOUS??? Look at other pvp players stats most of the got over 200 DPS

Contravention
01-14-2014, 10:12 PM
runner huh 1v1 me anytime kinghellish :)

doomdoomdoom
01-15-2014, 12:23 PM
From a PVE standpoint with my current build, I usually equip items that give me the most dps and damage. If I am doing some of the later levels and I see myself using a lot of bloodpacks, I might switch to a weapon that gives me more health. But like FluffNStuff mentioned....I have noticed that higher defense does seem to help on levels where there are a lot of shooters.

Ebecoar
01-17-2014, 08:53 PM
runner huh 1v1 me anytime kinghellish :)

PVP u im Ebecoarr lv 36 sent u request already.

Contravention
01-19-2014, 03:18 PM
PVP u im Ebecoarr lv 36 sent u request already.

lol resend i delete all my friend requests

Ebecoar
01-20-2014, 08:47 PM
done

Phantomas
01-21-2014, 10:09 AM
From a PVE standpoint with my current build, I usually equip items that give me the most dps and damage. If I am doing some of the later levels and I see myself using a lot of bloodpacks, I might switch to a weapon that gives me more health. But like FluffNStuff mentioned....I have noticed that higher defense does seem to help on levels where there are a lot of shooters.

Agree wth Doom, with a few additions.
Take into account that the skills u use also do or don't benefit at all from your stats. What I mean is that skills like Fire Aura , Vermin Swarm and Dark Binding dont get any bonuses from ur DMG Stats. These skills have a fixed DMG.
On the other hand skills like Leap, Ghost STrike, Fatal Burst and Hellblades ( and other skills ) DO get a bonus from ur DMG stats.
High defense is good against 'shooters', having lots of health is always helpfull to keep u alive, high DMG/DPS helps u kill quicker ( especially ) end bosses.
High defense gives u more added health than high Attack, but high ATT gives more DMG/DPS.

There is much more, but let me end wth pointing out that learning which skills to use against diifr enemies, and timing ur activation of skills is more effective than having high stats.
In general playing PVP or PVE means u want diffr stats and difr skills.

Castdown
01-21-2014, 11:41 AM
Don't let this guy fool yah with his "low" stats. You go play against him in the arena he won't be wearing that ecliptic gem (necklace) or that eternal shadow gem (purple bracelet). You will see him with the high attack crimson gem (red bracelet) and glacials. Also keep in mind when he took that photo he may not have a beast gem equipped and the necklace and crimson gem may not be a lvl 36 gem. Meaning he has multiple lvls of that gem to "lower" his stats. He's just a blessed out build with suicidal intentions once he has burnt that skill out.

*see contraventions photo of his toon above* aka kinghellish

Low lvl stats I play against lvl 36 and yet I still do better then 90% of the players

Contravention
01-21-2014, 02:50 PM
Don't let this guy fool yah with his "low" stats. You go play against him in the arena he won't be wearing that ecliptic gem (necklace) or that eternal shadow gem (purple bracelet). You will see him with the high attack crimson gem (red bracelet) and glacials. Also keep in mind when he took that photo he may not have a beast gem equipped and the necklace and crimson gem may not be a lvl 36 gem. Meaning he has multiple lvls of that gem to "lower" his stats. He's just a blessed out build with suicidal intentions once he has burnt that skill out.

*see contraventions photo of his toon above* aka kinghellish
haha castdown you must not notice when i do i dnt alwaya use them but most of the time i do. two i dont always you glacier lol. 3. half the time i dont use crimson gem

Castdown
01-21-2014, 03:08 PM
Then read your post from this thread.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?94006-Item-Packs-weapons-stats&p=1436808#post1436808 post #28

You say those gems are worthless. No matter what build or gems you use is fine I dont really care. The point I was trying to get at is that this person asked for help and your misleading them.

Contravention
01-21-2014, 03:10 PM
to me they are for people like you who only care about status yes and no i dont miss lead cuz i have help alpt of others out xD without those gems and they do perfectly fine

Contravention
01-21-2014, 03:11 PM
and yes i stated they arent dosnt mean i dont use them

Castdown
01-21-2014, 03:18 PM
Im not going to get in a pissing match over this with you. Those gems dont add or take away from my status. In this thread you say thats all you need to succeed in the arena. I see you in the arena multiple times and your not equipped with that set up. Then I see you in another thread saying those gems are junk. If your goal was to confuse the new player then Yes you do help alot.

Contravention
01-21-2014, 03:50 PM
Im not going to get in a pissing match over this with you. Those gems dont add or take away from my status. In this thread you say thats all you need to succeed in the arena. I see you in the arena multiple times and your not equipped with that set up. Then I see you in another thread
saying those gems are junk. If your goal was to confuse the new player then Yes you do help alot.
how have i confused just cus i say they are junk dosnt man nothing people say secuirtt gems are junk i use them instead of form so... dosnt meamxi dmt use them...

Castdown
01-21-2014, 04:25 PM
Let me make this easy for everyone. In this thread you show us how you can do so awesome in pvp with this gem load out. You say on this setup you (contravention) are better than 90% of all the players. Its post #7 in this thread with a picture. Yet in another thread you say those gems are junk. Thats where confusion sets in. So as a new player following what contravention has said. You can waste plat and get those gems and have such low stats and beat 90% of the players in lvl 36 ctf. Now if you want to do that then be my guest and waste the plat and be horribly disappointed.

Lets just leave it at that he wants you to believe he can do so great with so little. Where in reality its false.