PDA

View Full Version : 9 Questions to share to the community.

Machinima
08-12-2010, 03:51 PM
1. What makes you smile? (Activities, people, events, hobbies, projects, etc.)
2. What are your favorite things to do in the past? What about now?
3. What activities make you lose track of time?
4. What makes you feel great about yourself?
5. Who inspires you most? (Anyone you know or do not know. Family, friends, authors, artists, leaders, etc.) Which qualities inspire you, in each person?
6. What are you naturally good at? (Skills, abilities, gifts etc.)
7. What do people typically ask you for help in?
8. If you had to teach something, what would you teach?
9. What would you regret not fully doing, being or having in your life?

Snakespeare
08-12-2010, 04:20 PM
1. My wife.
2. Sing, talk, type on messageboards...
3. I lost track a long thyme ago.
4. When I write a poem.
5. Inspired by Allen Ginsburg, he was just the nicest famous person I ever met. George Harrison, too, obviously.
6. Singing
7. MS Word
8. Singing
9. Music

yay, that was easy...

kavanah
08-12-2010, 04:34 PM
Seeing soldiers return home to their families. The look on those kids faces are priceless.

2. What are your favorite things to do in the past? What about now? In the past I loved to play footbag aka hackey sac, I actually got really good at it. Now I enjoy playing drums and snowboarding!

3. What activities make you lose track of time? I'm a student pastor and manage a fitness club so I'll be reffering to that a bit. I absolutely get lost in time when it comes to the time I spend in worship and prayer. Time also flies by when I am working out.

4. What makes you feel great about yourself? Working out. Seeing your body change for the better always makes someone feel better about themselves on the outside. I also really enjoy giving back to people. Jesus said to feed the hungry, visit the inmates, and clothed the naked. These things I thoroughly enjoy, and it's true that "it is better to give than to recieve" and I find that when I give I feel so much better about who I am on the inside.

5. Who inspires you most? (Anyone you know or do not know. Family, friends, authors, artists, leaders, etc.) Which qualities inspire you, in each person?

Jesus Christ - for being the Son of Man. Anytime someone was reffered to as "the Son of.." it meant they held the perfect qualities of that person. So for Jesus to be the Son of Man meant that he was the "perfect person". He loved outrageously, he challenged the religious, taught in profound ways, and even loved me so much that he gave his life for me.

Mother Theresa - for being an incredible selfless individual. As one of the most known people in the world she remained the most humbled, the most loving, and the most giving. I suggest everyone read her biography whether you believe in God or not. It's challenging and perplexing.

Martin Luther King Jr - for knowing that God created us all equal. There is no race above any other. Our culture may diversify us but it doesn't make any of us greater than the other. I'm glad he had a dream, that he was willing to die for. It's a shame that racial terms are still used today and that it's still a big issue, but at least he was able to do more for the civil rights of all colors than anyone else has since then.

Glen Hansard - For being an incredible musician. His songs bring you to life. His songs are real, heartfelt, and sung with incredible passion. He is not only a talented guitar player but an even greater talented singer and song writer. His lyrics are amazing. Check out The Frames and The Swell Season his two bands, or do yourself a favor and go rent the movie ONCE.

I guess I could apologize for using another church example, but its just who I am and I cannot apologize for being what I am. I believe God has giving me a great gifting of speaking to people, whether one on one, or in front of hundreds of teenagers or adults. He has also given me a great gift of administration, discipleship, teaching, and practical training. I'm not naturually good at the drums, its a struggle for me since I never heard live music until I was 14 years old. When I turned 18 I started learning drums on my own with some small help from my friend and I've been playing ever since.

Wow, all areas of life really. How to deal with the pressures of sex during teenage years, how to date healthily, how to deal with parents who don't care, how to grow closer to God, how to not feel guilty about their past, so on and so on. I also have done carpentry for a long time (building high dollar custom cabinets) so people sometimes ask me for help in that.

Well I sort of am a teacher in many aspects. I like to teach life though I guess. haha.

I will soon have a degree in Divinity and I was teach and specialize in Greek, Hebrew, and Exergesis.

I don't regret anything about my life. I had a rough childhood, came from a very poor background, suffered a lot of abuse. But I found God in all of that, and he changed my life. "You've taken me from the miry clay and set my foot upon the rock"

Edit: Realized I misunderstood question 9.

The thing I would regret the most is wasting my life. I don't want to grow up, live in a country club, play golf every day, retire, and get old while enjoying my yacht. That's a wasted life. I want to do great things! I want to make a difference in the world. I want to be a part of every broken heart's healing, every hopless person's renewed strength, and catch ever tear that falls from every child's eyes.

Furrawn
08-12-2010, 04:42 PM
Snake~
you met Ginsberg? OMG a beat poet. I'm jealous:). I love "Howl"... What was he like?
I always swear that I'll get in my suv & just drive like Kerouac...

1. Non-scary clowns, my hubby, driving fast, any beach, and puppies' breath
2. Buying books:), writing, taking photographs, being in France, and playing PL:)
3. Reading, caring for an orphaned animal, or a great conversation
4. Helping others
5. Helen Keller, Anais Nin, St. Exupery, Henri Cartier-Bresson, Van Gogh, & my dad
6. Writing & photography
7. Understanding & listening
8. How to make playdough:)
9. I'd regret not noticing all of life's little things like moonbows and laughter

KingFu
08-12-2010, 04:50 PM
1. What makes you smile? (Activities, people, events, hobbies, projects, etc.) Jokes :p
2. What are your favorite things to do in the past? What about now? I enjoy playing PL and playing football and I would often just play around and play basketball in the past. Now I enjoy skating a lot, and photography
3. What activities make you lose track of time? PL, PL, and PL
4. What makes you feel great about yourself? Hmm, working hard, and being active, which I have failed at lately since someone jacked my bike :/
5. Who inspires you most? (Anyone you know or do not know. Family, friends, authors, artists, leaders, etc.) Which qualities inspire you, in each person? My sister, because she is super successful, Jesus for sacrificing himself for our sins, Danny Way for jumping the great wall of China, and Martin Luther King for showing that all men and women truly are equal.
6. What are you naturally good at? (Skills, abilities, gifts etc.) Football, being sarcastic, photography, and some other stuff I can't think of
7. What do people typically ask you for help in? Advice, and help carrying heavy objects :D
8. If you had to teach something, what would you teach? How to view other people's political and religious views, and how to respect them and not judge others for their personal beliefs.
9. What would you regret not fully doing, being or having in your life? I would regret not being successful and getting married with my own family

Chickdigcookies
08-12-2010, 05:12 PM
football, chicken wings, chicken nuggets, the dollar menu, girls, and beign proved wrong...

um, a lot...playing soccer, i miss it. and WoW.

filling out silly survey...

i like to think im funny, humble and a good singer. also the fact that im bilingual and scored the highest on the constitution test back in 8th grade...and im mexican.

Music inspires me...like matt thiessen, lead singer of relient k.

ticking people off...im a natural.

power lvl me...

to love and not criticize someone by what they look, how they talk, or act. to understand and comprehend peoples motives. to try and listen to both sides of the story.

having a family and biegn happy...all the material stuff is extra.

DawnInfinity
08-12-2010, 05:47 PM
My best friends. Ballet. Music. My family, most importantly. Making other people smile.

Dance. and dance. Haha. I like working out. Driving down the highway blasting my jams.

Playing Pocket Legends. Sleeping. Facebook, haha.

My confidence, creativity, intelligence, and genuine personality.

My grandparents. They inspire me every day to work hard and to be a good person.

Ballet/dance. I'm a fast learner/memorizer. Naturally in great physical shape

School work. Ballet.

Dance classes. Art classes. Pilates or something along those lines.

I would regret not filling my potential in life. I would also regret not getting married and having a family.

Snakespeare
08-12-2010, 06:09 PM
Furrawn, he was just a nice soft-spoken guy. I met him a few times, actually, as he was a friend of a friend. He was quite frank about some things that embarass most people, as you probably know, but I didn't mind. I cried the day he died. Not much more to say about him but that Edward Sanders' poetic biography probably captures him best.

Yeah, my wife and I would love to just hit the road some day. We like to visit places where the Beats went, and others, too. It definitely makes me happy. :D