PDA

View Full Version : Testflight - Allow your iOS device to beta test today!

Skeletonlord
04-21-2012, 03:51 AM
Testflight is here!

Your iOS device can now beta test apps on the go!

Visit: https://testflightapp.com/dashboard/ on your pc and register with Test Flight!

Once registered, verify with an email and press the "LOGIN". login to your account!

You will install the profile onto your iOS device and you will receive updates when a beta test comes available!

Corpser
04-21-2012, 04:34 AM
beta test of what????

Skeletonlord
04-21-2012, 05:14 AM
beta test of what????

Beta testing games of course! Just sign up at that website, open the "mail" app on your iOS device and you should get an email.

Open the email and click "Login". Log in and you will be notified when a developer uploads a beta build. A beta build is like a beta but for your iOS device.

So, for example, if Spacetime was to make an account and upload a beta build for Dark Legends, then people would be able to download and install that build. You then give feedback on their website!

Corpser
04-21-2012, 08:01 AM
i would so get it.... if dark legends was on it :/ i dont beta test much so no point to me .

also how do you get beta build do you have to be jail broken? cause you can only download games through app store if your not jail-broken.

Xionskull
04-21-2012, 08:03 AM
Same...

Zeus
04-21-2012, 08:05 AM
Soooo... You're advertising us to go to other games...on STS's forums?

Conradin
04-21-2012, 08:21 AM
Parth theres a whole thread on OaC, and others. Sts is ok with us talking about oter games on here

Skeletonlord
04-21-2012, 10:17 AM

Not at all, Im just speaking about games in general, you dont need to use this program if you dont want to, im just telling you that you can beta test selected apps.

Gluttony
04-21-2012, 10:36 AM

STS doesn't have a problem with us talking about other games on their forum, it's when three and four threads about the same game keep popping up that it becomes an issue. Even then, they just lock them up and refer to the dominant thread.

On topic: I didn't try the app because I have an Android device as well, but it sounds more like a service where if betas are available then you are notified and allowed to participate through the app. I could be wrong about how this works but it doesn't seems like downloading an apk or build on your own is necessary.

If you're going to suggest something to the forums, how about cluing us in about all the proper details so we can judge for ourselves if it's going to be worth the time/effort... or is this another one of those unfinished projects that you've got going on, maybe add some details at a later date?

Skeletonlord
04-21-2012, 12:29 PM
That is basically it, there isn't much information on top of that.

If I find any more info, I will update the thread, thanks for your feedback!

NECROREAPER
04-21-2012, 01:47 PM
That is basically it, there isn't much information on top of that.

If I find any more info, I will update the thread, thanks for your feedback!

As always

javier995
04-21-2012, 02:04 PM
So I downloaded this thing, useless.

So I'm deleting (:

More info on this thing, too lazy to research it myself.

Zeus
04-21-2012, 03:35 PM
STS doesn't have a problem with us talking about other games on their forum, it's when three and four threads about the same game keep popping up that it becomes an issue. Even then, they just lock them up and refer to the dominant thread.

On topic: I didn't try the app because I have an Android device as well, but it sounds more like a service where if betas are available then you are notified and allowed to participate through the app. I could be wrong about how this works but it doesn't seems like downloading an apk or build on your own is necessary.

If you're going to suggest something to the forums, how about cluing us in about all the proper details so we can judge for ourselves if it's going to be worth the time/effort... or is this another one of those unfinished projects that you've got going on, maybe add some details at a later date?

I agree, but business tactics also come into play, which has reasoning behind it.

I realize I'm being vague, but I don't want to start another debate which I don't have time to participate in.

Jtpup74799
04-25-2012, 09:02 PM
Omg Ty this helped so much