PDA

View Full Version : Enchantress trick -- Pulling with heals

Daphne
04-05-2010, 11:29 AM
Healing is a high aggro ability and seems to get the attention of mobs further than normal. When not expecting it having the mobs case after you just while recovering from a fight can be a startling appearance...

But we are enchantresses and we can bend the aggression of our foes to our benefit. By careful placement when healing you can do selective pulls. For example most foes appear to be lazy and will only chase you so far, so if you heal near a room full of enemies, then freeze just one as it chases you, you can run far enough so that the others tire of the chase and return to their post leaving you alone with just your chosen foe. A similar trick to the mind of your foes is to heal twice... once to get them to chase you and a second time after they have almost run back to their post to get just the ones that didn't chase you. You will need to be careful selecting your foes with such charming tricks though least you don't have enough mana left to fight against would be attackers.

The other use I've seen is being able to get our foes to chase you past the brave warrior you are teamed. As warriors are apt to stop them in their tracks. Since most enemies seem to be overly fearful of healing magic (perhaps it is painful to the undead), you can actually get the attention of enemies from further back then the warriors without requiring the rest of your party to journey forward into dangerous territory chosen by the enemies. So much better to fight them on your terms and ground of your choosing least they have a chance to regroup and bring too many into the fight.

pbfreek
04-13-2010, 09:52 PM
Interesting. I'll usually just pull the whole room, pop Lightning and Firestorm, then just kite them around until they're all dead. It takes a potion or two, though, depending on the size of the room.

Jetshrike
04-14-2010, 03:09 AM
I use mana shield then I rush into the room and use firestorm and lightning. It means I have to spam mana pots though XD

csb
10-25-2011, 12:33 AM
I just stand near the room until I see one move a little different. When they agro they often have some sort of different move. I can usually single pull rooms without casting any spells (using bear, bird, or mage).

I usually see other players cast a spell on one, but that doesn't work because the other critters join in.

Zaltiar
10-25-2011, 12:41 AM
I just stand near the room until I see one move a little different. When they agro they often have some sort of different move. I can usually single pull rooms without casting any spells (using bear, bird, or mage).

I usually see other players cast a spell on one, but that doesn't work because the other critters join in.

Please don't necro post, the last one was a year ago :|

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

crestmage
10-31-2011, 08:13 PM
Nice tip. Though ill just prefer the all way of spamming AOE. It klills them all in secs ;)

ghito
10-31-2011, 09:58 PM
lol usually i just rush in with mana shield, lose all my mana, then use all my potions then die XD

Southriver
11-20-2011, 04:19 PM
If there's a bear in the group I buff then as soon as bear enters room i heal then use lightning and firestorm then for the bears sake I use the 2 defuffs to weaken the armor on enmies to make it easier for him to tank through them.

Conradin
11-20-2011, 04:27 PM
Good idea- My speciality is bears- so i didn't know this. ill be sure to use this on my deathmage. Se guys! Necroing posts HELPS!!!

....sometimes

Whirlzap
12-04-2011, 08:38 PM
Nononono conradin. I SAID I WAS GOING TO HIT 1m deaths first.

Palyna
12-04-2011, 09:51 PM
lol usually i just rush in with mana shield, lose all my mana, then use all my potions then die XD

hahaha~ funny~

I like to use all the buff before battling the mobs then mana shield, freeze them all and firestorm for combos then lightning strike. Quickly heal as and when it is available. In between squeeze in weakness and nightmare whenever surrounded by mobs. Auto attack focus on strongest mob.

Will use kiting and spam pots if there are too many mobs surrounding me. Freeze and back off a distance, go back to firestorm and back off abit then go forward to lightning strike.

When bear is around, I will freeze after bear pull all the mobs against the wall.

Swimmingstar
12-04-2011, 10:41 PM
Happybdayappl is in the lead. Which might be me. :P